Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

Foxes Player

Ahh, service personified...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to [email protected]

from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

subject FLi Foxes player site: Audio/Video issues

I just wanted to express my disappointment with the length of the "highlights" package from the last 2 games. 3 minutes does not make a highlights package. I can find a 3 minute clip of the game in any number of places online without paying for it. why do you not provide a full replay of the match, it would appear you have recorded the entire game, why not make the match available to be watched? I am in Australia, is there a reason why you cant just stream the entire game to us?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ozleicester,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that we provide match highlights and full match commentary on our site.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Althia

Customer Services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning,

I assume you have not read my comments at all?

I did NOT ask if you had highlights or commentary, i asked why your so called highlights pakage consists of 3 minutes... 3 minutes is NOT a highlights package... it is, to me.. what you think is the minimum you can get away with providing.

Will you please READ my original comment and respond.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi OZleicester,

Foxes player only provides live commentary and the extended highlights of the match.

Unfortunately full match replays will not be available on the site.

Best regards,

Guru

Customer Services

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rightyo thanks for your help Player

They call three minutes EXTENDED highlights?

Would like to see what they define as highlights. that must be the person's foot connecting with the ball before the goal

To be fair, most games recently have had highlights of about 8-9 minutes. I still have no idea why they can't just upload the game in its' entirety though? Surely that's even less hassle than having to edit the footage into a highlights reel?

I swear there are some absolute cretins running this football club sometimes, those emails are an asbolute joke.

Need a little advice please!

Going to Santorini on Tuesday for 9 nights and will miss the Huddersfield and Bristol matches.

First thing I want to do when I get back will be to listen to the matches I missed, before weighing up the table and either celebrating or moaning.

I'm not currently signed up for Foxes Player - do they offer commentary on matches that have already passed? Alternatively, what would be my best options for online recorded match coverage?

Cheers

THREE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, we got 3 minutes and 51 seconds of action from the Hull game!!!

The club obviously have the cameras at the game, They obviously record the whole game,

They dont need to edit it, just put a link up and let me watch the whole game...

actually, heres a FVCKING idea... why not broadcast the game...... Im in australia, your not going to lose any money, in fact the promotion might help. Aussies go to Thailand every day, imagine the opportunities King Power peeps!!

But failing a full game, surely a highlights package of a MINIMUM 15 minutes isnt too much to ask?

There is no way they would stream the game live, even for people outside the UK. Just look what happened when the home games were live on Thai TV, everybody over here was able to watch them online as well. So I can't see that happening anytime soon.

However I don't see why they can't show a recording of the entire match. Or at least very extended highlights on foxes player. If they did that I might even sign up, and I go to most games anyway.

If you really want to make yourself heard, I would write a letter, not email, to Susan Whelan. She should be even more impressed that you posted it from Aus, and she has the power to make these changes, unlike the customer service people that fobbed you off.

You would be surprised what writing to chief execs can achieve. I've done it several times when I have had problems with companies. It's much more efficient than the customer services. I normally write to those first, but if they fob me off, I then go straight to the top. Good luck with it!

Need a little advice please!

Going to Santorini on Tuesday for 9 nights and will miss the Huddersfield and Bristol matches.

First thing I want to do when I get back will be to listen to the matches I missed, before weighing up the table and either celebrating or moaning.

I'm not currently signed up for Foxes Player - do they offer commentary on matches that have already passed? Alternatively, what would be my best options for online recorded match coverage?

Cheers

Nope, only live commentary, not available post match. Highlights reel will probably be between 3 and 5 minutes. You're better off just watching the highlights on the Sky website, I wouldn't sign up if you're only going to use it for that. If you can get access to WiFI on holiday, you could listen live, but I doubt that would be very popular with your significant other...

EDIT: Here's a slightly old-fashioned solution - get someone to tape them off Radio Leicester for you?

Nope, only live commentary, not available post match. Highlights reel will probably be between 3 and 5 minutes. You're better off just watching the highlights on the Sky website, I wouldn't sign up if you're only going to use it for that. If you can get access to WiFI on holiday, you could listen live, but I doubt that would be very popular with your significant other...

EDIT: Here's a slightly old-fashioned solution - get someone to tape them off Radio Leicester for you?

Haha that was my back-up plan. I'm not even sure I still even have a tape-deck, but it's a fail-safe option! (Until the tape unwinds at at 80 minutes into each match, which is inevitable)

Haha that was my back-up plan. I'm not even sure I still even have a tape-deck, but it's a fail-safe option! (Until the tape unwinds at at 80 minutes into each match, which is inevitable)

Get someone to record the commentary on the computer, and then save it as a file ready to open and to be relistened to when you get back.

I've done it before, been out missing a night game and recorded it when i get back in the early hours have listened to it fine.

Meant recording started at like 2pm and stopped recording at like midnight but recording on a computer its easy to trim what you dont need.

Get someone to record the commentary on the computer, and then save it as a file ready to open and to be relistened to when you get back.

I've done it before, been out missing a night game and recorded it when i get back in the early hours have listened to it fine.

Meant recording started at like 2pm and stopped recording at like midnight but recording on a computer its easy to trim what you dont need.

If you're offering your services!

There is no way they would stream the game live, even for people outside the UK. Just look what happened when the home games were live on Thai TV, everybody over here was able to watch them online as well. So I can't see that happening anytime soon.

However I don't see why they can't show a recording of the entire match. Or at least very extended highlights on foxes player. If they did that I might even sign up, and I go to most games anyway.

If you really want to make yourself heard, I would write a letter, not email, to Susan Whelan. She should be even more impressed that you posted it from Aus, and she has the power to make these changes, unlike the customer service people that fobbed you off.

You would be surprised what writing to chief execs can achieve. I've done it several times when I have had problems with companies. It's much more efficient than the customer services. I normally write to those first, but if they fob me off, I then go straight to the top. Good luck with it!

Cheers,

Ahh, service personified...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to [email protected]

from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

subject FLi Foxes player site: Audio/Video issues

I just wanted to express my disappointment with the length of the "highlights" package from the last 2 games. 3 minutes does not make a highlights package. I can find a 3 minute clip of the game in any number of places online without paying for it. why do you not provide a full replay of the match, it would appear you have recorded the entire game, why not make the match available to be watched? I am in Australia, is there a reason why you cant just stream the entire game to us?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ozleicester,

We can confirm that we provide match highlights and full match commentary on our site.

Best regards

Althia

Customer Services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning,

I assume you have not read my comments at all?

I did NOT ask if you had highlights or commentary, i asked why your so called highlights pakage consists of 3 minutes... 3 minutes is NOT a highlights package... it is, to me.. what you think is the minimum you can get away with providing.

Will you please READ my original comment and respond.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi OZleicester,

Foxes player only provides live commentary and the extended highlights of the match.

Unfortunately full match replays will not be available on the site.

Best regards,

Guru

Customer Services

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rightyo thanks for your help Player

I think this might of done the trick as I've just been on player and they now have the full 90 mins of the Boro game to watch. :thumbup: Let's hope they do it for every game.

I wrote to them on Saturday informing them that the player was constantly not accessible and commentary stopped and began repeating itself on Saturday.

I told them that service provision was disgraceful and demanded my fee back for this year or next years fee to be waved.

Not heard back yet lol

In case anyone hasnt seen it in other threads.

The Huddersfield FULL GAME is on player, can i recomend everyone who has an account watches it,... A) simply because its so good to watch and B) so they realise that people are actually interested and WANT full games regularly.

I even sent them a complimentary email to thanks them... a few more might help to ensure we have the games up every week.

Its also interesting that they have the Radio Leicester commentary running behind it.. fabulous to see whats actually happening, while the commentary lads are talking about coffee, hats etc .

anyway... congrats to Player :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

Well.. good old player are back to the crap again.

3 minutes of Highlights is it again for the SWFC match..... I go to the SWFC Player site and EVERY home game is available IN FULL.

Foxesplayer respods to my question by saying ....

Unfortunately due to right restrictions we are unable to show the full match replays on Foxes player.

Best regards

Guru

Seriously, this "service" is a joke. Other clubs..(many of them) get full matches or at least a highlights package in excess of 3 fvcken minutes.

Can i suggest that anyone who pays for this service, please contact Player and request full matches..or at the very least a highlights package of more than 3 minutes.

oh and tunnel cam can fvck off..just give me games!

Well.. good old player are back to the crap again.

3 minutes of Highlights is it again for the SWFC match..... I go to the SWFC Player site and EVERY home game is available IN FULL.

Foxesplayer respods to my question by saying ....

Unfortunately due to right restrictions we are unable to show the full match replays on Foxes player.

Best regards

Guru

Seriously, this "service" is a joke. Other clubs..(many of them) get full matches or at least a highlights package in excess of 3 fvcken minutes.

Can i suggest that anyone who pays for this service, please contact Player and request full matches..or at the very least a highlights package of more than 3 minutes.

oh and tunnel cam can fvck off..just give me games!

I recontacted Foxesplayer to ask why other clubs, (eg Sheff Weds), have their complete home games available to watch on their version of "player" but we do not, the response was....

Hi XXXX,

Full match highlights are produced by the clubs themselves, we only supply extended highlights.

You may have to contact your club with regards to the full match replays.

Best regards

Ruth

Customer Service

I have now asked LCFC to please explain and await a response... however you might be interested to know that the Cardiff game IN ITS ENTIRETY is available at cardiff player which you can sign into using your usual player username etc.

Archived