Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thurmofox

Where will we finish?

personally I reckon at least half the league has the potential to finish above us in the league, just as we have the potential to finish above them.

realistically Blackburn, bolton, cardiff, boro, sheff wed, Birmingham, Brighton, wolves, Blackpool, Leeds, watford etc etc all have a pretty good chance of being up at the top come the end of the season.

gonna be a hard season, a good start is vital some tough tough sides in it this year

There aren't that many good sides in this league. I could count realistic decent teams on one hand. People need to stop thinking this league is tough, all you need is an organised unit of players and a few individuals with pace and flair and you will be successful. Break down tinpot with 11 behind the ball and we're sorted.

There aren't that many good sides in this league. I could count realistic decent teams on one hand. People need to stop thinking this league is tough, all you need is an organised unit of players and a few individuals with pace and flair and you will be successful. Break down tinpot with 11 behind the ball and we're sorted.

Good point. We did relatively well against the decent sides last year, but we won't win anything if we can't breakdown the crappy defensive teams. Peterboro away last season springs to mind. If we don't win those games we won't go up

I fully expect us to make a decent start for the simple reason that we're playing "the decent" sides, bar this wkd of course, and we all know our weaknesses are fully exposed when we're up against tinpot.

The way the squad is fixed up though suggests we have a plethora of options to choose from, both in terms of setup and pace/creativity which will be crucial against these tinpot outfits. Whether or not they are utilised correctly will largely depend on how successful NP is on a tactical level.

I think he's up to it and we shouldn't "presume" anything based on past seasons. Unpredictable, it's the way forward...!

I have no idea. This division will prove as dificult as ever to escape upwards. Of course its important to get a good start but equally you need to hold your form in to the new year and then finish strongly. Anything less and you are scrapping it out with 10-12 others. I can see plenty of ups and downs for us unless NP has mitigated the number of silly errors we made last season and we find the consistbcy so clearly missing for at least the past two seasons.

Pre-season/Leaue Cup only hint at what we can/will do. I like what I have seen so far and I am confident we will give it a go.

Good enough to be automatic contenders, but will depend on the fight we show when things aren't going our way. Too many games last year we seem to throw the towel in when we went behind. Leicester had a reputation for never quitting and often scored late goals. I hope this mentality returns this season.

anywhere between 8th - 2nd its hard to tell at this point as the only competitive match we have had was against a league 2 side but i feel optimistic and can see us getting into the play offs as long as the players put the effort in .

Archived