Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

Top Goalscorer

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Top scorer for us this season?

• Beckford
    • Nugent
    • Futacs
    • Waghorn
    • Marshall
    • Knockaert
    • schlupp
    • Vardy

I went for Vardy and was surprised to see how many others have too!

Seems like a big leap of faith but his attitude in the few games i've seen him in give me a good feeling.

No doubt hes hungrier than Nugent or Beckford.

Why, Beckford cost nearly 3 times that, and a lot more in wages (allegedly), so on that basis, he needs to do more.

I've gone for Vardy by the way, but not because of his price tag. If he is he would be cheap at 1 million in this day and age anyway. Good luck to the lad!

Didn't we pay that for Steve Claridge yonks ago? 1Mil for a class striker (if he is) is an absolute bargain.

All I can say is, I hope that the 3 of them (Nugent, Beckford, Vardy) are as close to each other at being top scorer at the end of the season as this poll is. If they are we are in for a cracking season IMO.

Will be great to have 3 vying for that honour, can't wait!

I don't think he's the natural finisher people think he is, but I still think he'll score a decent amount. If we are creating a shed load of chances each game most people could end up with a healthy tally anyway, so we'll see. The team certainly feels a bit quicker and creative looking at the squad, so hopefully he will.

His biggest test is trying to convert his 10 decent games a year into more. At his very best he's probably been more impressive than Nugent, his problem is he has very big peaks and troughs. Nugent might not have those spectacular games, but he has much more consistent performances across the board, rather than the big peaks and troughs.

Pretty much agree with this.

I genuinely think Becks could be our top scorer this season, he's the kind of striker that seems to get most of his goals by getting on the end of crosses and I think we'll be better in that area this season. However I wouldn't be surprised if Nigel gets fed up of him quickly if he starts the season in a lacklustre fashion, and if he's replaced by Nugent there's a good chance he'll struggle to get his place back.

Marshall might be a bit of a dark horse as he knows where the net is but on the other hand, this boy just does not score tap ins.

Does anyone have an idea who'll be on penalty duty? Could be significant. (Big boots to fill in that sense :whistle: )

Pretty much agree with this.

I genuinely think Becks could be our top scorer this season, he's the kind of striker that seems to get most of his goals by getting on the end of crosses and I think we'll be better in that area this season. However I wouldn't be surprised if Nigel gets fed up of him quickly if he starts the season in a lacklustre fashion, and if he's replaced by Nugent there's a good chance he'll struggle to get his place back.

Marshall might be a bit of a dark horse as he knows where the net is but on the other hand, this boy just does not score tap ins.

Does anyone have an idea who'll be on penalty duty? Could be significant. (Big boots to fill in that sense :whistle: )

I cant recollect Beckford getting on the end of many crosses?

Do you mean with his head?

Beckford's goals usually come from him running off the shoulder of the final defender and ending up one on one with the keeper. The goals against Forest being a good example. I don't think Beckford gambles to 'get on the end of crosses' nearly as much as I hoped he would. I'd like to see him do it far more this season.

I cant recollect Beckford getting on the end of many crosses?

Do you mean with his head?

Beckford's goals usually come from him running off the shoulder of the final defender and ending up one on one with the keeper. The goals against Forest being a good example. I don't think Beckford gambles to 'get on the end of crosses' nearly as much as I hoped he would. I'd like to see him do it far more this season.

He was getting on the end of quite a few crosses at the end of last season, scored a fair few with that, goals against Watford, West Ham, Blackpool, Forest of the top of my head, he scored a lot that way whilst playing for Leeds. He doesn't create much for him self, he's someone who gets goals if he's got the right service (though I'm well aware also wasted too many chances in general last season).

Archived