Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

Top Goalscorer

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Top scorer for us this season?

• Beckford
    • Nugent
    • Futacs
    • Waghorn
    • Marshall
    • Knockaert
    • schlupp
    • Vardy

Still seen nothing of becks to make me think that he is going to score loads. I do not understand the love in to be honest.

Nugent will be top scorer this season as he was last season. I think Him, Marshall and Dyer will be our main sources of goals this season.

Come on you blues!

Dont understand this way of thinking at all? Do you actually think Gally is going to be starting every week?!?

That's not what I'm saying. Gally has been one of the clubs highest scoring players the past three seasons, yet the OP suggests Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs ahead of him? None of those are much more likely to play than he is. Then you have Vardy and Knockaert who are unproven. Not to mention the fact Gally's goals to games ratio last season was superior to Beckford's... People have had digs at Gally, but few can argue against his contribution, particularly goal-wise, in the past.

Not according to wikipedia he hasn't. Also worth noting is that the last two years running (i.e since we have had a squad of comparable strength) our top goalscorer has had 16 goals, which is more than Gallagher has ever scored. The only time his best goals total would have made him top scorer was in our relegation season, or the season prior to that from what I can see.

I suggest you look again then. He scored 10 in 34 appearances last season and 11 in 47 the year before... according to Wikipedia. But I wasn't suggesting he'd be top scorer this year. I don't think that'll happen either. But I think he'll score more than most of those in that list...

Could you clarify whether you mean just league goals or both? ;)

Both. Edit: And apologies, slightly miscalculated the goals to games ratios. Beckford's was superior by the tiniest of margins last season...

As if League goals count, you only have to look at this poll to see that Beckford's 6 cup goals far outway anything Nugent managed last year in that silly old League.

I do wish I shared everyone elses confidence with regards to Beckford, I just can't see why people would be putting him straight ahead of Nugent really, I imagine both will get a similar amount of playing time next year and Nugent has done far more at this level.

Wry smile, you think JB will come good Babs or like me do you feel he's just one of those players that the hype and promise are never fulfilled? Just don't think he's a natural or gifted goalscorer myself but would love to be proved wrong!

Wry smile, you think JB will come good Babs or like me do you feel he's just one of those players that the hype and promise are never fulfilled? Just don't think he's a natural or gifted goalscorer myself but would love to be proved wrong!

I don't think he's the natural finisher people think he is, but I still think he'll score a decent amount. If we are creating a shed load of chances each game most people could end up with a healthy tally anyway, so we'll see. The team certainly feels a bit quicker and creative looking at the squad, so hopefully he will.

His biggest test is trying to convert his 10 decent games a year into more. At his very best he's probably been more impressive than Nugent, his problem is he has very big peaks and troughs. Nugent might not have those spectacular games, but he has much more consistent performances across the board, rather than the big peaks and troughs.

I don't think he's the natural finisher people think he is, but I still think he'll score a decent amount. If we are creating a shed load of chances each game most people could end up with a healthy tally anyway, so we'll see. The team certainly feels a bit quicker and creative looking at the squad, so hopefully he will.

His biggest test is trying to convert his 10 decent games a year into more. At his very best he's probably been more impressive than Nugent, his problem is he has very big peaks and troughs. Nugent might not have those spectacular games, but he has much more consistent performances across the board, rather than the big peaks and troughs.

Yeah agree totally, I also feel that the creativity argument will not be there as an excuse this season!

He he youbeatme to it, I was about to post more or less the same thing, only time he was a goalscorer 3rd tier of English football....fact!

No, that's a very poorly expressed incorrect fact.

What I believe you were attempting to say was 'the only time Beckford has scored more than 10 league goals a season was in the third tier. This is a fact everyone.'

Nugent. Most reliable scorer if given the opportunities.

Partially agree but he is only second to Andy King. If Kingy rediscovers his form and plays lots I think that he will be the man for the job but given that he is unlikely to start the season, I reckon Nuge will be the spearhead

No, that's a very poorly expressed incorrect fact.

What I believe you were attempting to say was 'the only time Beckford has scored more than 10 league goals a season was in the third tier. This is a fact everyone.'

People having differing views and debate is good,however being an obnoxious condescending anal prat is not.

I've gone for Vardy. Unproven at this level but I'm backing him. Think he will start most games, where as Nugent and Beckford seem likely to be rotated to partner him. He can be moved out to the wing like he was the other night and still score. Plus maybe he will take our penalties if Gallagher is not on the pitch? If not, who will?

Archived