Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

Top Goalscorer

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Top scorer for us this season?

• Beckford
    • Nugent
    • Futacs
    • Waghorn
    • Marshall
    • Knockaert
    • schlupp
    • Vardy

Think JB and JV will be first choice in a 442 despite The Nuge's record last season. I think he'll generally be a second half man and give competition for places. Futacs will generally be a second half man too, but offer something very different up top (Jodie Marsh to David Nugent's Keira Knightly if you will - you know that both would bear very good results, but in very different ways).

Sweet jesus. Gallagher? You aren't a betting man, I take it? :blink:

He's been into double figures the past two seasons. Why are no less than three totally unproven players at this level and two players who've produced nowhere near anything to suggest they could be top scorers (let alone be in the manager's first XI plans) selected ahead of the guys I mentioned?

These are the player`s I think everyone will agree have the most realistic chance of being top goalscorer! :thumbup:

Obviously not :dry:

He's been into double figures the past two seasons. Why are no less than three totally unproven players at this level and two players who've produced nowhere near anything to suggest they could be top scorers (let alone be in the manager's first XI plans) selected ahead of the guys I mentioned?

I don't think Gallagher will play enough to be top scorer.

Beckford or Nugent will be, with healthy contributions from Vardy and Marshall, possibly King too.

how involved has gally been so far?? think marshall seems to have claimed that position so cant see gally getting any where near double figures now..

Gallagher hasn't been involved really (thankfully) and although every goal counts, I should think most of his goals are penalties.

Dont understand this way of thinking at all? Do you actually think Gally is going to be starting every week with Marshall in the squad?!?

Not according to wikipedia he hasn't. Also worth noting is that the last two years running (i.e since we have had a squad of comparable strength) our top goalscorer has had 16 goals, which is more than Gallagher has ever scored. The only time his best goals total would have made him top scorer was in our relegation season, or the season prior to that from what I can see.

I'm not trying to shit on the guy, I just think that given it is very likely he will be a bit part player this season considering his appearances in pre-season and the signings we have made, its an outrageous suggestion that he could possibly be top-scorer for us. Mor outrageous than Futacs or Schlupp? Perhaps, but that is missing the point of the Poll. If you want to make a case for Gallagher, its up to you.

Archived