Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THEFATBASTARD

Ticket prices, we are in a double dipper..

Derby shows that you can boost attendances by lowering prices.

I agree though that demand for football tickets is price inelastic, if it were not, we would not have seen such huge increases in prices over the years.

Derby shows that you can boost attendances by lowering prices.

I agree though that demand for football tickets is price inelastic, if it were not, we would not have seen such huge increases in prices over the years.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but since you raised the example of Derby:

Like it or not our club is run as a business. The objective is to make as much profit as they can. The owners would have carefully analysed all pricing levels before they decided on which to go with. The aim for them is to pick the level that makes the most overall profit, not get the most bums on seats.

That aim might not sit well with some, but that is how things are in reality. I'm sure all of us, including me, would love ticket prices to be lower. If you don't like the clubs motives or feel you are getting value for money then vote with your feet, don't go. If enough did that then the club might change the prices, but not until. If you are priced out then I feel for you, but the club wont care less as long as they are making as much profit as they can already. They would never admit that because it would be a PR disaster, but I suspect it's true.

I don't have to like or agree with it, but that's the way things are.

One of the problems with the main concourse outlets areas is that they are also fire escapes.Notice how the bins are strapped in position and no obstructions like seats or shelves .Its a pity because they could make them a lot more attractive to stand/sit and have food and drink,big screen TV,heating even.We are prettty much stuck with what we have partly for that reason

It's not surprising ticket prices have soared.

Was watching SSN earlier who claimed that players wages per se have increased by something like 225% over the past ten years. Mainly in the Prem of course but it's had a knock on effect on the Championship.

Somebody has to pay for this.

There is a very simple fact that has so far been ignored in this debate and is the big reason for lowering ticket prices.

The Olympics have proven this year that a great turn out helps the competing athlete to up his or her game for the home crowd.

If the ultimate aim is the premiership, and the financial win of getting there eclipses all the other arguments .... Then it's a no-brainer - you fill the stadium at the most profitable level you can manage .... So the aim should first be full stadium then tweak the prices up until you find the point at which it's not full.

There is a very simple fact that has so far been ignored in this debate and is the big reason for lowering ticket prices.

The Olympics have proven this year that a great turn out helps the competing athlete to up his or her game for the home crowd.

If the ultimate aim is the premiership, and the financial win of getting there eclipses all the other arguments .... Then it's a no-brainer - you fill the stadium at the most profitable level you can manage .... So the aim should first be full stadium then tweak the prices up until you find the point at which it's not full.

Are you aware how much Olympic tickets cost?

My ticket cost nearly as much as a season ticket at Leicester.

True and not only that, you grow the fanbase by encouraging people to go to games live who did not before who will then spread the word. Our owners want to increase the size of the stadium too which seems pointless when only 23,000 go.

Think the demand for them may have been higher than for a ticket for Leicester V Peterborough and therefore commanded a higher price.

Think the demand for them may have been higher than for a ticket for Leicester V Peterborough and therefore commanded a higher price.

How can you compare the ticketing policy and attendance figures at the Olympics to that of a football league club?

Shall we all wait and see how many people turn up to watch hockey, handball, volleyball or athletics this year before passing judgement?

How can you compare the ticketing policy and attendance figures at the Olympics to that of a football league club?

Shall we all wait and see how many people turn up to watch hockey, handball, volleyball or athletics this year before passing judgement?

Not sure why you are being so argumentative in this thread, people are merely trying to suggest the benefits to the club of policies that would allow more people to go to games and increase attendances. Surely this is better for the fans and better for the players.

I didn't compare the cost - you did.

I said that a full house helps the athletes perform to their best for the home crowd and would therefore help in a promotion bid.

Archived