Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Pearson is the man

I don't think Pearson has done much wrong since he came back. I backed his appointment last November and still believe it wasn't a mistake. Okay maybe he's hasn't been perfect with his tactics and substitutions but the same goes for every other manager.

He's certainly brought more balance and stability to the squad, considering where we were last year when we were overloaded with CMs and short of wingers. And sooner than later he'll bring what we've been lacking for the last 2 seasons, CONSISTENCY. Our squad looks better on paper than it did last year and now they just need to play better on the pitch.

He is still the man for the job and I wouldn't want anybody else at the minute.

Jose Mourhinou, Martin O Neill, Pep can all sod off, we've got our man......

I watched yesterday last year , season before and for the last 35 years mate. We lost to a team in turmoil, but the team played great eh! we also beat peterboro n played S***e. inconsistant is our middle name. But Fu** it we played great , Blackburn 3 points City Nil Points again

So you didn't watch the game then, or any others this season if you are prattling on about long balls. That critisism was sooooo last year, everyone has mover on to new ones now.

I watched the match against blackburn and was also at the match vrs Peterbourough, according to Pearson what happened against Charlton was very similar to Blackburn and if that the case im happy with things because even though we lost against Blackburn 90 percent of people would argue that we deserved to win that match. We have so much history with choping and changing managers (it doesnt work) maybe its time we stick with someone and give someone time in the job. i think its fair he gets till christmas to turn things around.

Our first 3 games last season was a win followed by 2 losses in the league but appeared in a far bigger shambles than are first 3 games this season. Think we will have no problem breaking into the top 6

Reading had 4 points from their first 18 possible, they didnt panic, look what they did.

Exactly this. Plus, we have another 43 games left. So much time. The league will change so much until the end of the season, and although the league table doesn't lie, I've always never really taken interest in it untill we reach Christmas.

We have created so many chances in our three games, especially the two tough away games. We controlled much of the game against Blackburn (a quality team) on Saturday, it's just a case of taking these chances. But I believe our strikers will start taking the chances. I would be worrying if we were loosing and not creating any chances.

Cant wait til hes gone. Long balls all over the place. Looking forward to seeing blackpool play football this weekend tho

Must be watching a different side to me - been impressed with how the defenders have tried to get the ball to midfielders and keep it on the deck. I don't know if you went to Charlton and Blackburn, as I thought we played some great football. Yes bring on Blackpool, cos we'll out pass them.

Our first 3 games last season was a win followed by 2 losses in the league but appeared in a far bigger shambles than are first 3 games this season. Think we will have no problem breaking into the top 6

Totally agree Jace - In the two games we've lost 3 goals have come from defensive errors each of which have been punished, we've created numerous chances and are playing with great confidence, spirit and togetherness. I never really saw this last season.

Must be watching a different side to me - been impressed with how the defenders have tried to get the ball to midfielders and keep it on the deck. I don't know if you went to Charlton and Blackburn, as I thought we played some great football. Yes bring on Blackpool, cos we'll out pass them.

I agree. On Saturday, I saw Pearson instructing Kasper to play the ball to the full backs.

Yes, many of us would like a change of manager to bring instant promotion but a football team needs buiding and from all I've seen so far this season Pearson has taken us giant steps forward.

The aimless hoofing has gone, we're far faster, more accurate and more positive with our passing, we're using more of the pitch, we've far more pace and we've got players who are clearly capable of making an impact.

The missing ingredient is the confidence that comes with the habit of winning.

Top teams show what I mean. Times they're behind even late into a match but they never lose faith in their ability to hit back and the opposition rarely have the faith to resist sitting back in trying to stop them.

We don't yet have that aura yet. We're certainly not used to winning. MON took time to make it happen and so did Fergie when he first arrived at United...but I can't see we'll have a better opportunity than with the team we have now.

It's not the finished article but it's starting to be a team to be proud of and one that will only blossom with a string of good results.

Yes, many of us would like a change of manager to bring instant promotion but a football team needs buiding and from all I've seen so far this season Pearson has taken us giant steps forward.

The aimless hoofing has gone, we're far faster, more accurate and more positive with our passing, we're using more of the pitch, we've far more pace and we've got players who are clearly capable of making an impact.

The missing ingredient is the confidence that comes with the habit of winning.

Top teams show what I mean. Times they're behind even late into a match but they never lose faith in their ability to hit back and the opposition rarely have the faith to resist sitting back in trying to stop them.

We don't yet have that aura yet. We're certainly not used to winning. MON took time to make it happen and so did Fergie when he first arrived at United...but I can't see we'll have a better opportunity than with the team we have now.

It's not the finished article but it's starting to be a team to be proud of and one that will only blossom with a string of good results.

I can't agree with you about Heskey at centre half but I agree wholeheartedly with this - great post.

Archived