Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Pearson is the man

I believe that despite 2 defeats NP is the man for us. His signings so far have been excellent including 2 star performers today Knockaert and Vardy.

I do hope we can get one or two more in before the transfer window shuts but all in all...NP will turn this round!! we are playing a dam sight better football than last season...IT WILL ALL click together very soon!!

COYB!!

Too early to judge how we're going to do this season really, but I do have a lot of faith in Pearson, and I'm confident that given time he will get things right here. Certainly don't think we should be reading too much into the last couple of games.

Whilst I agree with your point... It doesn't really need to be a thread... NP is the man (barring relegation) for the length of his contract as far as I'm concerned, and certainly for the season... (not out of blind loyalty to the man, it could be anyone there during this period) changing managers is something we've done through a miserable decade of failure and we need to stay the course, just like other clubs like Reading etc have done.

We're playing really well, been unlucky in front of goal, which can't & won't continue and we have 2 top quality defenders to come back in to shore things up at the back

If we weren't playing well, they'd be a problem beyond just being unlucky

Everyone just needs to hold their nerve and if we can play with the effort & passing that we've done today we'll destroy opposition on another day.

all we need is a player to take his chances

tough ask.

cant blame every loss on the officials

No but we can certainly blame this one on them. Perfectly good goal disallowed at 1-1. If we had gone 2-1 up we would have won the game from there. I am certain of it.

I really do commend our fans for their positive spin after today's game. It sounded like we dominated much of the game. King sounds like he's upped his game back to the King of old.

However, don't be naive and don't forget the facts. The facts are we have got 3 points out of 9 and have conceded four goals away from home already. The next two games are Blackpool (league leaders) and then Wolves?

Are we going to win those two? Who knows?

But we have to tighten up defensively. The facts are we are conceding goals too readily away from home. This must stop.

'We should have won' will only wash for so long. We didn't, we need to start to.

I really do commend our fans for their positive spin after today's game. It sounded like we dominated much of the game. King sounds like he's upped his game back to the King of old.

However, don't be naive and don't forget the facts. The facts are we have got 3 points out of 9 and have conceded four goals away from home already. The next two games are Blackpool (league leaders) and then Wolves?

But we have to tighten up defensively. The facts are we are conceding goals too readily away from home. This must stop.

'We should have won' will only wash for so long. We didn't, we need to start to.

and we will do if we keep playing like we did today.

Yes, but let's not forget that Pearson does only currently have four available defenders, two of which are right-backs. Once we get SSL and Whitbread back we should be a lot better defensivley, it can't be easy for Moore coming in at centre-back when it doesn't even appear to be his favoured position.

It'll come right eventually. Soon enough the goals will start flowing, we've still got Sledge and Whitbread to bolster the defence as well. Don't forget we've signed a fair few new players this summer, it's not going to click instantly.

Nobody is forgetting the facts, but a performance like this one is a million miles from the one this time last year in our third game of the season. It yielded the same points maybe, but there is a damn site more to be positive about.

I have to say its difficult to argue with a record of three points from three games. I'm especially impressed with the way NP has completely rejigged the defence. It can't be easy to completely fu ck something up so quickly.

Yes our defence was magnificent under both Sousa and Sven, wasn't it? Our weakest performer today, Konchesky, was the only player to be signed by someone other than Pearson.

I don't think Pearson is entirely blameless and I'm not a fan of the 'we're helpless in the face of such terrible fortune' viewpoint that seems to be doing the rounds, but by far the biggest danger to the side right now is that people like your good self will get on their backs at a time when their confidence may need a boost. If NP finds himself in a battle to stay in a job then that can only be a bad thing.

What can we learn from Kermorgant's goal against us last week? Perhaps that our fans' tendency to slay anyone who doesn't enjoy instant success has been counter-productive for a long long time. No, early signs aren't great but can't we at least wait to see where we are after, say, thirteen games?

Nobody is forgetting the facts, but a performance like this one is a million miles from the one this time last year in our third game of the season. It yielded the same points maybe, but there is a damn site more to be positive about.

And this time last season I'm pretty sure the forum was almost as positive. Sven will 'get it right' and it will 'all come good', 'give it time' etc etc etc...

I think this team looks better than any of Sven's and the signs are more encouraging. What I won't do (same as last season) is blindly say we are gonna be great, without giving some balance. I'm concerned about how we play away from home. We cannot continue to leak goals, whether due to 'sucker punches' or whatever. And I'm still not convinced that our midfielders are playing too far forward. I'm sorry but it appears that Pearson is playing away from home exactly the way he did last season, just with better players. I want to see us shut up shop more away from home.

I'd rather look at the situation than simply say all is rosy. Cos it ain't.

And this time last season I'm pretty sure the forum was almost as positive. Sven will 'get it right' and it will 'all come good', 'give it time' etc etc etc...

I think this team looks better than any of Sven's and the signs are more encouraging. What I won't do (same as last season) is blindly say we are gonna be great, without giving some balance. I'm concerned about how we play away from home. We cannot continue to leak goals, whether due to 'sucker punches' or whatever. And I'm still not convinced that our midfielders are playing too far forward. I'm sorry but it appears that Pearson is playing away from home exactly the way he did last season, just with better players. I want to see us shut up shop more away from home.

I'd rather look at the situation than simply say all is rosy. Cos it ain't.

The defence was extremely exposed for both goals and on several other occasions. I'm not sure I agree with your propositions for a five man midfield, but you're right that there's something we need to look at there.

I'm also worried and unwilling to pretend 'all is rosy', but equally I'm pretty sure it's all retrievable. And, to be fair, I thought much the same after three games last season, in spite of the performances being worse.

Archived