Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Pearson is the man

And this time last season I'm pretty sure the forum was almost as positive. Sven will 'get it right' and it will 'all come good', 'give it time' etc etc etc...

I think this team looks better than any of Sven's and the signs are more encouraging. What I won't do (same as last season) is blindly say we are gonna be great, without giving some balance. I'm concerned about how we play away from home. We cannot continue to leak goals, whether due to 'sucker punches' or whatever. And I'm still not convinced that our midfielders are playing too far forward. I'm sorry but it appears that Pearson is playing away from home exactly the way he did last season, just with better players. I want to see us shut up shop more away from home.

I'd rather look at the situation than simply say all is rosy. Cos it ain't.

Good post my friend.

If we continue to lose like this, leaking goals and failing to take our chances, their will still be those on here who will merely say "Even though we lost, we were the better side", and be happy with it. Sad, but true.

It's points that matter most.

I still can't say I think we'll be promoted, in fact I'd still be surprised. Still, maybe after Blackpool I'll be a bit more convinced, as others seem to be after the performances in the first 3 (4) games.

As Babs said on another thread, things to improve on (and I've said these things concern me) but I'm a dam site happier we've got Pearson than I was this time last year and we had Sven.

I'm glad he's in charge.

Yes our defence was magnificent under both Sousa and Sven, wasn't it? Our weakest performer today, Konchesky, was the only player to be signed by someone other than Pearson.

I don't think Pearson is entirely blameless and I'm not a fan of the 'we're helpless in the face of such terrible fortune' viewpoint that seems to be doing the rounds, but by far the biggest danger to the side right now is that people like your good self will get on their backs at a time when their confidence may need a boost. If NP finds himself in a battle to stay in a job then that can only be a bad thing.

What can we learn from Kermorgant's goal against us last week? Perhaps that our fans' tendency to slay anyone who doesn't enjoy instant success has been counter-productive for a long long time. No, early signs aren't great but can't we at least wait to see where we are after, say, thirteen games?

I thought I got things wrong sometimes - when did Nige sign Danns, Nugent, Schmeichal, Beckford, King, Moore ?

Nothing was Pearsons fault today Id say his tactics were spot on. If Nugent had scored their fans would have turned early and im sure we'd have won.

If only we could finish chances then we'd be a decent team. Let NP build a team and slowly things will come good. Another few games and Im sure we'll suddenly be up there.

We'll go and beat Blackpool now typically as we do.

We'll be fine. We deserved to win at Charlton (I was there) and by the sounds of it we deserved something from today too (wasn't there myself).

The cliche of "we need time to gel" from last season - which never happened with Sven's purchases - has already happened in my opinion, and there is genuine competition for places now (Nuge looking unhappy earlier, Dann's twitter outburst - and all those central defenders) which I see as a positive. We've played well in all three games but have only 3 points to show. No disaster. This league will be so close with teams losing to each other that the suggestion that we are already somehow off the pace is rather ridiculous.

Sure, who wouldn't be happier with 9 points but I am convinced that if we keep playing like we have, we'll be just fine.

I thought I got things wrong sometimes - when did Nige sign Danns, Nugent, Schmeichal, Beckford, King, Moore ?

Read my post again young man. The key word was 'defence'.

And yes, I know Pearson didn't sign Moore, but neither did anyone else so it's still correctly worded.

Bit harsh considering we've played three times this season, two games were against a promoted side (on a run) and a Blackburn team filled with quality. We've created, yet again, so many chances today. I don't know what else he can do really, the lack of finishing is poor at the minute - although Vardy's goal was well taken.

I agree with Peterborofox, if Nugent would have taken that early chance then the game may have been different.

if nuggent scored that goal it would have been differant !!!!!! of course it bloody would but he didnt so we lost what did blackburn have 2-3 chances? 2 goals. but at least pearson got beckford on before those 4 mins of stoppage time ended great tactics

sorry but i have been a city supporter 35 years now away games all the time as i now live in cardiff and i want us winning most matches but with pearson it wont happen and if it does ill come on here and say sorry to evryone of you

sorry about my grammer but had to come in work today with a bad head and really cant be arsed to type

I've seen improvements on our approach away from home, I do hope that the defeats don't inspire an overhaul to a more negative style, because the chances were created and there were encouraging signs.

But we are behind in the race and need to sort it out soon.

I've seen improvements on our approach away from home, I do hope that the defeats don't inspire an overhaul to a more negative style, because the chances were created and there were encouraging signs.

But we are behind in the race and need to sort it out soon.

What race? the sacking managers race yes we are. lol

Look we are only 6 points of top I remember Reading from last year had 11 points from 9 games and were at that time 8 points behind Southampton the rest is history.

What race? the sacking managers race yes we are. lol

Look we are only 6 points of top I remember Reading from last year had 11 points from 9 games and were at that time 8 points behind Southampton the rest is history.

But it's important to get off to a good start results wise.

Reading doing it doesn't mean we will.

But it's important to get off to a good start results wise.

Reading doing it doesn't mean we will.

3 games isn't an indication give it 10-15 games and I will be inclined to agree, very early still in the season.

No Reading doing it doesn't mean we will but it is some hope to cling on to if the very worst happens which is likely to happen to us knowing out luck :thumbup:

I agree it is incredible how many players and managers dismissed by some fans as rubbish prosper elsewhere . How can Holloway be rubbish in direct competition with Pearson and far less money won hands down and so far although early days doing it again .

Long balls ? did you watch the match yesterday ?

I watched yesterday last year , season before and for the last 35 years mate. We lost to a team in turmoil, but the team played great eh! we also beat peterboro n played S***e. inconsistant is our middle name. But Fu** it we played great , Blackburn 3 points City Nil Points again

I don't think Pearson has done much wrong since he came back. I backed his appointment last November and still believe it wasn't a mistake. Okay maybe he's hasn't been perfect with his tactics and substitutions but the same goes for every other manager.

He's certainly brought more balance and stability to the squad, considering where we were last year when we were overloaded with CMs and short of wingers. And sooner than later he'll bring what we've been lacking for the last 2 seasons, CONSISTENCY. Our squad looks better on paper than it did last year and now they just need to play better on the pitch.

He is still the man for the job and I wouldn't want anybody else at the minute.

Archived