Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold my 1960's HMV Stereomaster and picked up a deck and speakers. Just rebuilding the collection now. 

wild life - Wings

Dire Straits - Dire straits

Desire - Bob Dylan 

Used delivered for £20 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sold my 1960's HMV Stereomaster and picked up a deck and speakers. Just rebuilding the collection now. 

wild life - Wings

Dire Straits - Dire straits

Desire - Bob Dylan 

Used delivered for £20 

You a Dylan fan? Desire is an interesting choice. I like it but would never have it as a "go to", even as a Dylan fan. 

Hurricane is immense, got to be one of the greatest songs of all time.

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You a Dylan fan? Desire is an interesting choice. I like it but would never have it as a "go to", even as a Dylan fan. 

Hurricane is immense, got to be one of the greatest songs of all time.

A good enough reason to have in the collection. 

I like the story aspect of the album and it's actually quite unlike anything he ever made before or after. It's a bit of a trip to be honest. 

I think it stands out in a good way 

• Like 1

Going through my remaining collection of vinyl and I cam a cross this which I hadn't seen or played for years:

SPARKS Beat The Clock 1979 UK 12" GREEN vinyl single Ron Russell Mael original - Picture 1 of 4

Apparently worth a few shekels?

Also re-discovered 3 Beatles albums:

THE BEATLES 20 GREATEST HITS VINYL LP Record PARLOPHONE PCTC260  1982  - Picture 1 of 24

The Beatles - Rock 'N' Roll Music Vol. 2 (LP, Comp) - Picture 1 of 7

THE BEATLES Please Please Me Vinyl Record LP Parlophone 1963 Mono 1st Black/Gold - Picture 1 of 8

I used to think I wasn't keen on The Beatles, but hearing them again on vinyl on a mono record player, I think I've changed my mind. Their sound from those recordings is quite unique. 

I was thinking of selling. I'm not sure of the value, but now I'm tempted to keep them to play every now and again.

• Like 2

On 30/03/2024 at 22:58, Wolfox said:

Anyone worked out how to value their vinyl collection (maybe a facility on Discogs?)

Probably worth making a note on the insurance I would have thought???

Discogs automatically gives you a valuation based on everything you have listed 

• Thanks 1

On 02/04/2024 at 15:04, Lako42 said:

Discogs automatically gives you a valuation based on everything you have listed 

I started doing my collection on discogs but it was taking ages for each disc so i gave up...

• 2 weeks later...