Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

On 12/10/2021 at 15:45, Dr Marco said:

photo of my new hi-fi setup:

klipsch speakers, Thorens turntable, denon CD player, Sony amp

2 HomePod Apple

245244474_2009198515903383_705950769398406081_n.jpg

You might try moving the speakers a  little further away from the wall.

I use separate speaker stands and moving speakers around, front to back or side to side can make a big difference to the imaging and tone.

I used to be a Linn dealer, they trained us in the effects of 'tuning a room"

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/06/2022 at 14:15, ozleicester said:

Which one?

It's the Rooftop gig from '69.

I like bootlegs. I picked another Beatles one up last weekend which has live versions of Hey Jude (David Frost show) and All You Need Is Love (when it aired).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's the Rooftop gig from '69.

I like bootlegs. I picked another Beatles one up last weekend which has live versions of Hey Jude (David Frost show) and All You Need Is Love (when it aired).

As an aside, I find it astonishing that the DVD/Blu-Ray release of the Get Back film is an exact release of the Disney+ series. In other words, no extras.

Surely one thing that it was crying out for, was an unedited version of the rooftop gig with no cutaway to the street and Apple reception.

I'll probably double post this in the Beatle thread too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

After talking the other day about "the stranger" being one of my faves...I snapped this up for $1... one dollar lol....... at a garage sale today... the cover is stuffed, but the album is  excellent.

Also picked this for $1 as well
Best Of Janis Ian | Just for the Record

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

What album is this.... also, do you happen to know where cover pic was taken?

Arctic Monkeys - The Car

"cover art – an aerial view of a lone car in a vacant lot, shot by drummer Matt Helders"

West 7th St & S Broadway Los Angeles, CA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only just found this thread. I must admit to not being a proper vinyl junkie. I love music more than anything and can see the appeal in vinyl but never properly got into it,  I can’t quite commit to it. Having said that I own a junk/antique shop with a small (but growing) vinyl section. Picked up this strange but amazing compilation last week. 

698DC4F8-31B5-46F3-A254-53F64D4BBED3.jpeg

7489FEAD-0F2A-4AF6-9A22-1B6DB577C0EE.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 08:10, RumbleFox said:

Picked up these too. Morrissey is a cvnt but he sells well and I’m nothing if not a capitalist scumbag….

3B9A0629-1A1C-47A7-9B79-79BDA8162370.jpeg

Smiths records still hold good value. I shop around but some of their singles don't shift from the £20 mark. Same with The Cure.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2022 at 10:28, ozleicester said:

What album is this.... also, do you happen to know where cover pic was taken?

I know Daggers has answered this but Arctic Monkeys were on a Jools Holland special and he asked them the same question.

Matt Helders said it was a photo he'd taken from his flat. Apparently he sees different stuff on the roof and that lone car was an example. With the doughnuts too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been waiting for this day for some time…. I was lucky enough to be gifted some seriously lovely hi fi kit from my step dad

After many months of frustration and effort, I got it all working today!!!

Enjoyed a massive listening session today of many an old LP…. Finished off with Joe Henderson - A mode for Joe

carribean fire dance is simply epic…. I have the original blue note pressing that I paid way too much for as as a student  in the early 90’s…

Blue Note cover art is famous for a reason

9O9fKNl.jpg

On the Technics SL1210 deck (remember those?)

fired up by a valve amp

0H9IU0o.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I’ve been waiting for this day for some time…. I was lucky enough to be gifted some seriously lovely hi fi kit from my step dad

Enjoyed a massive listening session today of many an old LP…. Finished off with Joe Henderson - A mode for Joe

carribean fire dance is simply epic…. I have the original blue note pressing that I paid way too much for as as a student  in the early 90’s…

9O9fKNl.jpg

fired up by a valve amp

0H9IU0o.jpg

Beautiful, at least you won't need to put the heating on with that valve amp

• Haha 2

On 18/12/2022 at 00:17, Wolfox said:

9O9fKNl.jpg

fired up by a valve amp

0H9IU0o.jpg

That amp is a thing of absolute beauty. Sadly let down by the turntable.

2 hours ago, Rocket-Ron said:

That amp is a thing of absolute beauty. Sadly let down by the turntable.

The amp is stunning….  I was very grateful for it…. Paired with some Ruark speakers too

Technics SL1210…. It’s a proper audiophile deck…. I know it has the rep as the DJ turntable, but for the money not much lives with it….

we’d all love a Linn LP12, but there’s always a law of diminishing returns on these things….

Anyway, after a ton of research i plumped for SL1210, which had the added bonus of reminding me of the odd occasion I DJ’d in my twenties!  It sounds mint to my ears!

Edited by Wolfox

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

The amp is stunning….  I was very grateful for it…. Paired with some Ruark speakers too

Technics SL1210…. It’s a proper audiophile deck…. I know it has the rep as the DJ turntable, but for the money not much lives with it….

we’d all love a Linn LP12, but there’s always a law of diminishing returns on these things….

Anyway, after a ton of research i plumped for SL1210, which had the added bonus of reminding me of the odd occasion I DJ’d in my twenties!  It sounds mint to my ears!

I was being a little harsh apologies, the 1210 is a great turntable indeed .

But itself is a very expensive item ( will last forever mind).

And love the blue note👍👍