Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adamlcfcbevo85

Pearson out !'n

Just been out for dinner with my favourite uncle ( no jokes here please lol).

He's a wise old owl and has followed the trials and tribulations of Leicester City for many many decades. He made a point I think I agree with.

Though perhaps a simple point I think it's important. He said for any of us to take City as serious title contenders, it's imperative to string together a run of wins. This win one, lose one thing (much the same as we did under Sven) only shows that we are at best a decent side.

There must come a time in Nige's reign when, to take him seriously, we gotta string together three or four victories, both home and away.

Finally he said he just can't see that happening. He can't, for example, see us beating Blackpool and them going away to Wolves and getting a result.

This makes sense to me. At some point we must hit a few weeks minimum of really good form to show that we really mean business.

I stated on here last year that I didn't want Sven sacked and I certainly didn't want Pearson in. Two managers totally different styles = change of personnel = big debt.

So for the same reason I certainly dont want a change of manager again, we will end up bust at this rate.

I know last night was awful, however that predominantly fringe player team aside I find it incredulous these threads are happening. Blue Tinted Specs or not, we are only 3 league games into the season and any talk or suggestion of change at this point is plain daft.NP has pieced together a squad of players 18-20ish that look capable of playing some excellent attacking football.IMO with some tweaks and clicking we look capable and will tear many a team a new one. Knee jerk reaction or action will set the club back further and I firmly believe NP should be backed because stability,financial security and patience are all essential for the clubs future.

This is want get on my tits, yes we've lost 3 games in a row.. so what? some of the best managers have also Lost 3 in a row.

If we sack him, bring in another manager who has a a different style, change the whole squad in jan.. moan at him cause the team didn't gel by end of the season.

or..

Wait until end of the season.. then decide what to do. then if he does get sacked, atleast the new manager has a whole pre-season to decide who he wants in/out ect..

just fed up of going through a new manager every season!

As some have already said, providing we're not languishng in the bottom three or a Sousa-like bottom place come October (which is now the Thais' favourite time for sacking underachieving managers of course!), then realistically Pearson needs until at least the anniversary of his second coming (mid November) before being properly judged....preferrably until Christmas even.

Like many probably were, I was sceptical about his coming back to us when he did earlyish on last season and still maintain it was the £1 million pay packet that motivated him sufficiently enough to return rather than his having an out and out affinity with our club. The fact that he left behind a very promising team he was in the process of building at Hull is still testament to this way of somewhat sceptical thinking by some of us, I'm sure! Also I was very bemused by his moving on the likes of quality defenders such as Peltier and Bamba over the summer plus the decision not to give Vassell another season (who still had plenty of flair, not to mention experience up front - which so far appears to be something we're clearly lacking at present! He could've also done worse than to bring Heskey back here, something which, for whatever reason never materialised and it appears not to be the sort of thing Pearson would do. Although that said, I've been impressed with Vardy and Knockaert from what I've seen of them so far (admittedly only the Peterborough game).

Time will tell but I fear that if this form continues throughout September then like the two managers before him, he will be gone by the infamous month of October!

So there's 2 short term 'options'

Sack Pearson, or keep Pearson.

Keeping Pearson means the whole squad and all the coaches can keep pulling in the current direction. Before Burton, it was widely excepted that we'd been the better team in 2 and a half out of the 3 games we've played, despite results. This means, then, that the current direction is a good one. Burton was a depressingly poor performance of course, but contained only 3 or 4 players who will start on Saturday, and indeed the spine of the team, front middle and back 2, were all unfit/hadn't played yet. So I'm personally pretty happy that this performance isn't actually caused by poor tactics, and is actually just down to 11 players having a (very) off night. I don't think any one of us could have said that team would struggle against Burton before kick off.

And then there's the option of sacking Pearson. Meaning we start again from scratch, costing us more money short and long term, with no promise of getting anyone better. We can also write off this season as the odds of getting promoted after changing the manager days/hours before/after transfer deadline day would be heavily against us.

IF the rumours are true and pearson has gone (personally think it's speculation), do you think that either

a) the owners already have a replacement that will be appointed before transfer window shuts which is highly unlikely. or

b) they will hire someone later on down the line that then uses pearson's squad till january.

im not claiming to be in the know and this im 99% sure is bollocks but a lad i work with is "friends with a friend" who is involved with top and co apparently nige only has 5 games, depending how well we do we will be looking to replace with harry redknapp... sounds like dreamland to me.

im not claiming to be in the know and this im 99% sure is bollocks but a lad i work with is "friends with a friend" who is involved with top and co apparently nige only has 5 games, depending how well we do we will be looking to replace with harry redknapp... sounds like dreamland to me.

Sounds like b.s to me, redknapp has already said he want's a job in the prem

Redknapp turned down forest, he won't come here. Pearson isn't a manager you'd employ to sack in 12 months. He's renowned for his organising and budget balancing.

I don't see how people can think he'll go before Christmas; this is just a blip. All teams have 'em, let's have ours now and kick on from here.

Hmm. Better dreamland, than a realistic nightmare!

How long would you give him to turn things round ? Last season he failed by 9 points to even get into the play-offs, this season is'nt looking much better, and if we lose the next two games he's probably be sacked. Martin'O Neil turned things round at Sunderland in weeks we need someone of his calibre pretty soon

How long would you give him to turn things round ? Last season he failed by 9 points to even get into the play-offs, this season is'nt looking much better, and if we lose the next two games he's probably be sacked. Martin'O Neil turned things round at Sunderland in weeks we need someone of his calibre pretty soon

Last season? was that the just over half season he had, where he had to pretty much make do with what he was given?

And where will we get that from?

If we sack another manager i'm deadset never following this club again, would be the biggest joke of a descion ever.

why would it be a jo9ke pearson as done **** all since he as come back no better than sven

why would it be a jo9ke pearson as done **** all since he as come back no better than sven

Cos we are averaging a new manger every 12 months for the last few years, is that not a joke? Does that not make our club look amateurish?

Pearson has proved he is a good manager, we just need to give him time and let him work thru the problems. Show some patience and persitence with a manager than having a "sack him" mentality for once.

Archived