Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adamlcfcbevo85

Pearson out !'n

Signed in to say **** off, glad everyone already has.

Reading had 1 win in first 6 league games (against us) and lay in 23rd... what did they do? Oh yeah, Champions! Not saying well be champions on tonight's performance but chopping & changing gets 95% of teams nowhere. Reading is great example. Now do one you chocolate nugget.

It would be a whole lot more worrying if it was the first team that went out and did that tonight. But most of those lot haven't featured yet and certainly won't even be playing on Saturday so get a grip!!! The players that have been playing before tonight have been playing well forget about whether the likes of Waghorn and Gallagher are good enough it's not that relevant unless he starts playing them in league matches, which is the sole priority.

Ok let's see how you all feel after 7 more losses on the bounce or out of next 10 games ,, chairmen will get rid if there is not 3 points on Saturday FACT !!!!!

You absolute boob. A fact is something of proven evidence - now unless you're psychic please stop making ridiculous statements, it's making you look a bit silly.

I fear that the owners will listen to fans with a similar opinion as you and become trigger happy. The last thing we need is another managerial casualty.

while if we ever got rid of Pearson i certainly wouldnt mind Mick McCarthy..as he has a proven track record in the championship...

BUT...If I remember seeing and hearing correctly on Goals on Sunday....he said he think he's capable of managing in the Premiership.

So....lets not got sodding doom merchant after 4 sodding games. :ph34r::unsure:

This is the thing. Pearson is a good manager. We've got a pretty good squad. We should be doing well but obviously we're not.

If it continues Pearson will be gone before we can blink and despite anyone on here saying how good NP is.

We are in a dangerous situation. Still people are saying that we will stuff Blackpool. Yet we are now clearly short on confidence again, whilst they are not. I think we'll be well beaten in Saturday and NP will be very close to the chop.

If that happens our season will likely be written off again!!

If Pearson was a nice bloke who, with eloquence, could explain his ideas and strategy to the fans (but arguably the players too - see steve howard's comments) and offer some genuine consideration for something other than his own dumbfounded ego, I'd like to give him a chance. As it stands, the bewildered, confused figure he cuts on the touchline offers me the only insight into his game. Clueless moron! Until he can show some respect, rather than contempt, for the fans, I will struggle to like him. His burly persona doesn't intimidate me into ignoring his void in intellect, so i'm guessing it doesn't wash with the players too.

Lets not forget he's on £1million pound a year to get those players organised and in a position to beat the opposition. He is after all paid to 'manage'. It's not just about the players doing their best to 'impress him'. It's all well and good him bemoaning how cross and angry he is with players letting him down, but he won't achieve anything in management by blaming his staff. I've always thought a basic management course would be beneficial training for Pearson.

Just changing my victims list.

1.adamlcfcbevo85

2.Martyn Waghorn

3.MrandMrsF

Actually made me chuckle, can't argue with that!

This is a ridiculous thread. Utter bollocks, and suggesting that Pearson resign after what has really been ONE bad performance is mental. Idiot. Bellend.

Yesterday was awful, and definitely a night to forget. We can't justify how we played, but we can accept that everyone plays badly sometimes, and a lot of the team were either definitely NOT first-team choices for the league, and Whitbread and SSL are barely match-fit. I'm not excusing the poor performance but it's unlikely that league games for the rest of this season would pan out the same.

Charlton and Blackburn were unfortunate outcomes, but no one can deny we played well in those games. Look how Reading's last season started, then look where they ended up. It is possible to progress, and that may well happen to us.

If Pearson were to leave/be sacked now, what's the best we could hope for? Team morale would plummet, an unknown would come in just after the transfer window has closed and would therefore have to use trial and error to find a formation they can work with, which as we know can take months - probably leading to us losing games we could otherwise have won. Then what, January transfer window opens, new manager sells our new players who have yet to play their best (maybe at a loss?) and this manager could be a Sven-type and pay over-the-odds on players who aren't worth the time of day...

Pearson IN. Hopefully in a few months you'll see that him staying is the way forward.

my opinion is that nfp is on thin ice, as said previously the owners are quick in coming forward & if results don't pick up he will be out. I really hope that Top & co give him some time as i feel if Mick Macathy comes in we will be dooooooooomed!! We need a young energetic type manager that can relate to the players better now that they have all this coin. Old time managers bar a few, cannot seem to deal with players & ego's. think they are as envious as some fans because "it was different, in my day"!! football has changed dramatically & some coaches/managers cannot hack it anymore!

Rant over!

We've played fantastically well before Burton and unluckily lost two we'd have taken draws in.

Against Burton we played a team of reserves and those not match fit. We were properly beaten.

Burton won't affect the confidence of our first team who largely didn't play.

I do expected to lose to Blackpool who have starred fantastically well.

It might be that these results do put NP under pressure with the owners but hopefully they'll see how we've played in the league and understand it takes time to fitness a new team, particularly given the savings made on the wage side and transfer fees recouped over the summer. There are positive signs for sure and I'm excited about how we can progress this year.

Fans looking at the Burton game and screaming for NPs head have very short memories. Changing manager now consigns another season to ruin as last year and the one before. Any new manager will have to assess the playing squad again and will want to make changes.

Mick mccarthy is a no-no. No nonsense dreary football please don't wish that on us again just when NP is looking to play a more expansive style.

NP did amazingly well with us first time round. He was stupidly allowed to leave and did wonders at Hull despite having your reduce their costs. His track record is as good as it comes in this division (save for Warnock) so get behind the team as they look to gel and dtpp throwing your toys out of the pram after one crap match.

Archived