Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

The really worrying aspect

What worries me most is that we've had more managers than hot dinners in the last 10 years and yet so many people fail to see the bigger picture: that it doesn't work. He's a good manager. Just let him do his job. We lost a cup game. Who gives a ****?!

Does that not concern you?

I've already said I don't agree with np's philosophy to having a clear first team, I think the team he picked sent out the wrong message to the players, if they are going to break into the first team them they need to play with the first then players, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, it is only the league cup, they had an opportunity to impress, but only one player took it. Reward him with a start and the others might have a long time to think about it before they get a chance to shine again.

I've already said I don't agree with np's philosophy to having a clear first team, I think the team he picked sent out the wrong message to the players, if they are going to break into the first team them they need to play with the first then players, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, it is only the league cup, they had an opportunity to impress, but only one player took it. Reward him with a start and the others might have a long time to think about it before they get a chance to shine again.

But the GK, LB, RB and CM are/were all first team players who have featured in this seasons league campaign.

11 names on the team sheet and 7 subs, NP must know these now by default. I think some players have ruled themselves out of featuring with this group of 18 for good or at least a very long time. Ship out the dead wood Nige; we know who they are.

This was a ludicrous performance from most of the players hoping to claim a first team place.

Whether the League Cup is important or not (and for most of us it is!) this performance was lacking on quality, application, will to win and a huge backwards step from the positives of the Blackburn game.

If our owners,as reported, are looking to profile us again this season on Thai TV they will not accept humiliation on this scale. Even though as a club we desperately need consistency managerial tenure may not be part of the equation for much longer..

But the GK, LB, RB and CM are/were all first team players who have featured in this seasons league campaign.

Well, that is 4 out of 11, 3 out of 10 outfield players, one of them is hardly an established first team player, James, the other 2 were picked by default as we had no other options really, well I'm not sure what has happened to Kennedy.

IMO we have the wrong sort of players at the club with poor attitudes. For example St Ledger. Always on twitter boasting about Vegas etc etc and not knuckling down with playing football (his job!!!).. Another one is Nugent, doesn't seem interested and had a hissy fit because he was on the bench for a few games, again should have been proving to NP he was wrong instead of moaning. The list goes on. The only lads seem bothered about the badge are kingy and Moore. Yes there academy products but they seem to dedicate their life to lcfc unlike the rest who seem to interested in other clubs players and ****ing twitter. Where are the days of the 'old pros'?! Regardless of the talent in the squad we will go nowhere because we aren't a TEAM! You don't need individual talent to get out this league. You need 11 blokes that will fight for every point for not only their team mates but for the badge! We needed to invest in proper football lads like vardy and king and Moore and not cash hungry morons like St Ledger, Nugent, Danns, whitbread and the like. Get some passion injected nige!

IMO we have the wrong sort of players at the club with poor attitudes. For example St Ledger. Always on twitter boasting about Vegas etc etc and not knuckling down with playing football (his job!!!).. Another one is Nugent, doesn't seem interested and had a hissy fit because he was on the bench for a few games, again should have been proving to NP he was wrong instead of moaning. The list goes on. The only lads seem bothered about the badge are kingy and Moore. Yes there academy products but they seem to dedicate their life to lcfc unlike the rest who seem to interested in other clubs players and ****ing twitter. Where are the days of the 'old pros'?! Regardless of the talent in the squad we will go nowhere because we aren't a TEAM! You don't need individual talent to get out this league. You need 11 blokes that will fight for every point for not only their team mates but for the badge! We needed to invest in proper football lads like vardy and king and Moore and not cash hungry morons like St Ledger, Nugent, Danns, whitbread and the like. Get some passion injected nige!

Give the guy a break. It was his first game ffs. Sounded like he was half decent too except the error for their second goal. It was his first game of the season.

Thanks for a thoughtful thread - so different from the "Lynch NFP" fare.

The players who have most explaining to do are: Danns, St Ledger, Waghorn and Gallagher. Here are settled, experienced players on "Sven-era" wages, yes I know Waghorn arrived slightly before the Swede, who could rightly feel aggrieved at not featuring in the first team so far this season. This was their night. A strong performance, helping some of the younger players and the new arrivals to chalk up a win and the competition for places is on. As it is NFP's team selection thus far (with the possible exception of Knockaert) has been totally vindicated.

Of course even the best teams stink the place out occasionally. Perhaps it was just one of those nights...

Tonight, Stoke Lost at home to Swindon, Crawly beat Bolton.. Cov Beat birmingham and Fulham lost to Shef Wed..

I dont see whats so hard for people to understand about cup games against lower league opposition.. especially the league cup...

I'd like to preface this with I DO NOT WANT PEARSON SACKED and I do not know the answer.

However, he put out a side tonight which he felt (and lets be honest most of us felt) could comfortably dispatch Burton. Come the final whistle we've been comprehensively dumped out with barely a whimper. Why? What made the players think they could strut around, what made players who have been condemned to the sidelines waste a great opportunity to stake a claim for a spot in a side which has struggled to score?

This result has nothing to do with tactics, this is a mentality thing why did those players not take it upon them selves to put on a performance when they seemingly had everything to gain by doing so?

Okay, a pretty sane thread on the back of a fairly insane result. Lots of sensible points already aired, but here's my take on it. One of the concepts I work on with my clients is the one that Dave Brailsford, (Team GB Cycling Director of Performance), got a lot of air time with during the Olympics - "marginal gains". That at the sharp end of sport or business, there probably isn't one thing you can focus on that will make a substantial difference to performance ... 'cos you've probably done that already and it probably isn't hugely different from your opponents' efficiency in that aspect, anyway. However, what you probably can do is improve that efficiency "marginally". And if you can do that same marginal improvement across a wide array of variables then the cumulative impact is often significant. Trouble is, that works in reverse, too. If you are marginally down in a wide selection of aspects of performance, then that can also be significant. My suspicion is that many of the comments and observations on here are probably spot on. None, in their own right, fully explains a dreadful result, but added together they become significant. And 'David / Goliath' cup ties, (sorry - that's very flatttering to us and very rude to Burton), have a habit of doing that in both directions .... the Goliath is marginally down across the board and the David is probably working to maximum across the board. I guess it's why we all love cup-ties ... and why we can win at Norwich and love it .... or lose to Burton and be lost for words.

Either way, the reaction on here was truly hysterical last night. If people want "disasters" then turn the news on ! Losing to a team from a few places further down the pecking order is disappointing. Nothing more. Personally, and for what it's worth, I have never been NP's greatest fan, but right now nothing has changed my opinion that he is a very capable, honourable and determined man who needs to be given the whole season to make something happen.

Okay, a pretty sane thread on the back of a fairly insane result. Lots of sensible points already aired, but here's my take on it. One of the concepts I work on with my clients is the one that Dave Brailsford, (Team GB Cycling Director of Performance), got a lot of air time with during the Olympics - "marginal gains". That at the sharp end of sport or business, there probably isn't one thing you can focus on that will make a substantial difference to performance ... 'cos you've probably done that already and it probably isn't hugely different from your opponents' efficiency in that aspect, anyway. However, what you probably can do is improve that efficiency "marginally". And if you can do that same marginal improvement across a wide array of variables then the cumulative impact is often significant. Trouble is, that works in reverse, too. If you are marginally down in a wide selection of aspects of performance, then that can also be significant. My suspicion is that many of the comments and observations on here are probably spot on. None, in their own right, fully explains a dreadful result, but added together they become significant. And 'David / Goliath' cup ties, (sorry - that's very flatttering to us and very rude to Burton), have a habit of doing that in both directions .... the Goliath is marginally down across the board and the David is probably working to maximum across the board. I guess it's why we all love cup-ties ... and why we can win at Norwich and love it .... or lose to Burton and be lost for words.

Either way, the reaction on here was truly hysterical last night. If people want "disasters" then turn the news on ! Losing to a team from a few places further down the pecking order is disappointing. Nothing more. Personally, and for what it's worth, I have never been NP's greatest fan, but right now nothing has changed my opinion that he is a very capable, honourable and determined man who needs to be given the whole season to make something happen.

I never used to want to go to school the day after Leicester lost like this (too many Manure fans) - there weren't many global disasters that made me not want to go............

I never used to want to go to school the day after Leicester lost like this (too many Manure fans) - there weren't many global disasters that made me not want to go............

It's none of my business, but can I suggest then, that even at such an early age, you were worrying about the wrong things, maybe ?

It's none of my business, but can I suggest then, that even at such an early age, you were worrying about the wrong things, maybe ?

You can suggest it, but whereas global disaster tends to unite people, City getting beaten by lowly opposition, at home, letting in four goals definitely did not unite the simple minded thugs except in their derision aimed towards an already sad and vulnerable little boy whose bag of shite football team, that he supported because of an accident of birth (being born in Leicester), had failed to beat some two bit (sorry Burton/Harlow etc) bunch of window cleaners.......

Whilst being knocked out of the cup is not the end of our season, another defeat and at home is disappointing to say the least. Winning is a good habit, losing is a bad habit. We can recover I'm sure but that's one win & 3 defeats in four games. Not the start we were looking for. We need to win on Saturday to stop the rot, every failure adds to the pressure and the feeling that something is not right somewhere.

Vardy tries. Why? He's come from the lower leagues, and he appreciates that he is now playing at this level. He might miss a few chances, but he tries. Exactly the same with Stevie Howard. But, sadly, not all our players are like Jamie Vardy. We have certain players that don't try, and certain players that are not good enough.

The team yesterday should have beaten Burton Albion, I mean, it was good enough to beat some Championship teams. I didn't want us to make eight changes, I wanted us to keep the same team. This way, players could gel and we could work as a team, ahead of Blackpool.

Reynard Bleu has summed it up correctly. Winning and losing are both habit's. We have now lost three games in a row. It certainly isn't the start we were looking for, and we have to turn it around starting Saturday.

Archived