Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy038

Burton fan in peace

Burton deserved it far more than us, and I'm more than happy to admit that I applauded them off. Yeah we may have been shite, but that was one hell of an effort from a side two leagues below us.

Rowett looks like he's building a decent side there, and having liked him whilst he was a player here, I wish him and Burton all the best. I hope they get a decent money spinning tie in the next round that their fans can enjoy equally as much as last night.

Well chaps,i came on here after the draw was made and said I thought we could give you a good game despite the raft of "easy game", " put the reserves out", "i predict 8-0 to city" etc on here. So it proved. If you had put some of your chances away then who knows, but as the saying goes, " if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle". You didn't convert and paid the price. Some of your guys are saying our second was just a defensive error - not so,the finish was top class too, it wasn't a total gift. Still had to be put away. Credit to some of your fans for applauding us off. I have no ace to grind with Leicester whatsoever ( can't stand derby though!). All the best for rest of season but we deserved it tonight. Perhaps the predictions will be bit less outlandish next time. The difference between the championship and the two divisions below is not huge thesedays. By all means bemoan your own performance but give us some credit. We came and scored 4, worked ourselves into the ground and showed belief and guts.

Cheers fellas.

Up the brewers.

Fook off!!!! :P

Thanks Craig.

Re Kev Poole, he is considered a genuine Burton legend. He was still playing for us until recently, into his mid 40s, and was flying around like a kid on a park. Kept himself in incredible condition and was (and I'd bet still is!) an incredibly good keeper. Best we've ever had. A fantastic bloke too.

Rowett also played a few games for us at full back before he retired and was superb. Great on the ball, excellent tackler. Didn't play nearly enough games to achieve the legendary status of Pooley though.

I note a few people have said your boys might've been tired, coming back from injury or whatever. For me, our MOM was Zola up top - and last night was his first start in literally months. Had absolutely no pre-season. He did make life very difficult for your boys, held it up well, won a lot of headers, his control was good and brought others into the game.....

Fook off!!!! :P

Haha, can you blame me :P

Burton deserved it far more than us, and I'm more than happy to admit that I applauded them off. Yeah we may have been shite, but that was one hell of an effort from a side two leagues below us.

Rowett looks like he's building a decent side there, and having liked him whilst he was a player here, I wish him and Burton all the best. I hope they get a decent money spinning tie in the next round that their fans can enjoy equally as much as last night.

I can only echo this. For once, instead of most of this forum moaning about everything possible to do with LCFC, lets give some praise to Burton. A fantastic effort with plenty of desire and I wish them well. Delighted to see Kee and Yussuf come on too, 2 ex LCFC academy boys trying to find their feet

Jonesy038, appreciate your comments. Dont worry about the abuse on here, its just moaners. Well played and good luck

I'm sorry mate but I disagree. I think for a L2 side we were quality last night. We didn't hoof it for ninety minutes. We played some long ball stuff up to Zola (who caused you no end of problems all night with his size and general ability to hold it up and bring others into play) for sure, but we also played some tidy football on the deck. We're not Brazil, I realise that, but we played some quality stuff last night at times against a vastly more experienced, expensive side in the second tier - and who knows, maybe the top tier before long.

Alright enjoy the win, you deserved it, but let's not get carried away.

Laugh all you like..... just like I did on the way home last night ;)

Good banter anyway lads, enjoyed last night and all the best.

Maybe you'd care to look at my reply properly. The gap between the Championship and League Two is huge. In one-off games in a Cup which many teams completely disregard, yes results like that can happen, but any statto will tell you it doesn't happen very often. There is a reason we are travelling to Ewood and Molineux and you to Morecambe and Torquay. If we played you every week in League matches, most of the time we'd hammer you, as would most if not all the other Championship teams.

And don't say you come in peace when all you really wanted to do was throw about some provocatively smug cliches.

Good luck to Burton, a club I've always liked ever since the days of Nigel Clough, a manager I like (there's a comment to get me banned from Foxes Talk!). You had the match well won by the end. That said, football is always so much a game of confidence and attitude. At 0-1 and 1-2, I was still confident that LCFC would turn it around, but if you keep on conceding goals... The attitude & performance of some of our lot stank and deserved defeat. Your lot kept calm, played well, rode your luck, improved with confidence and deserved to win.

Your comment about the 2nd goal is telling. As you watch L2 football, you probably half-expect defenders to defend like that and do not necessarily expect your striker to finish like that. In the Championship, there is no way that a defender should ever defend like that and there's a strong chance that an opposing striker will finish like that if he does! That's not meant as some sort of elitist response (I used to watch a non-league team who dreamed of playing sides from as high as L2!).

By the end, you had the match well won and were stroking the ball around very nicely - and it was a great strike for your 4th, needless to say!

Did you get a decent view of the penalty decision from the away end? My initial reaction was that our bloke handled it, but 1 or 2 around me thought it was your player (my eyesight isn't the best!). The ferocious reaction of the LCFC defenders suggests to me their dismay was genuine.

As for any LCFC fans suggesting an easy win beforehand, you'll probably find that a few were dry wits or wind-up merchants, others just the sort of idiots you get at every club, including Burton!

I was sitting level with the penalty spot. The hand ball was definately by a Burton player, I thought the ref must have seen another infringement. However, Burton deserved it, no doubt about it, and i will follow their progress in the cup with some interest

I'm sorry mate but I disagree. I think for a L2 side we were quality last night. We didn't hoof it for ninety minutes. We played some long ball stuff up to Zola (who caused you no end of problems all night with his size and general ability to hold it up and bring others into play) for sure, but we also played some tidy football on the deck. We're not Brazil, I realise that, but we played some quality stuff last night at times against a vastly more experienced, expensive side in the second tier - and who knows, maybe the top tier before long.

You played long stuff until you were a couple of goals up, when you can afford to play a couple of passes. You were playing against a bunch of players who didn't give two last night, I'd have been disappointed if our U16s hadn't battered us last night, it was truly woeful

We made 8 changes to our preferred 11, they should have been out there to show Pearson they should be in the regular 11, but instead played poorly.

Whilst I agree Burton took their chances and we didn't, had we selected our strongest 11 I suspect the outcome would have been very different.

Agreed. I'd even go as far to say that had we played Morgan/Moore, 2 CBs who have been playing together regularly instead of two less than 100% fit CBs who have never played together ever, it would "probably" have been enough. Certainly I think the 2nd goal, that long ball would never have bounced. Whitbread and St Ledger were the worst of the bunch last night.

Well played Albion though, hope you go on a run now. :thumbup:

Couldn't help smiling when your guys started singing, "You're not singing any more" though. I sang back, "We weren't singing in the first place!" but no one joined in. :(

Maybe you'd care to look at my reply properly. The gap between the Championship and League Two is huge. In one-off games in a Cup which many teams completely disregard, yes results like that can happen, but any statto will tell you it doesn't happen very often. There is a reason we are travelling to Ewood and Molineux and you to Morecambe and Torquay. If we played you every week in League matches, most of the time we'd hammer you, as would most if not all the other Championship teams.

And don't say you come in peace when all you really wanted to do was throw about some provocatively smug cliches.

Ah, bless you! Come off it old boy. Provocatively smug cliches? Nonsense. Quite a few of your number have been happy to engage in sensible and reasonable debate. Your petulant response sticks out like a sore thumb amongst what is clearly a good bunch of fans on here. There's always one isn't there petal ;)

Guest MattP

You should have been a fan of a team that has been relegated from the Championship and got promoted from League One the following season by 20 odd points before you even think about the gap between the Championship and League 2!

Shocks happen in one off games, 11 Championship sides went out last night, the gap between the leagues is absolutely massive. You only have to look at teams like Peterboro, Donny, Scunthorpe etc to realise that.

Some of this guys comments are laughable.

The gap between the championship and League 2 is huge.

Maybe because swindon beat stoke then there is not too much difference between the premier league and league 1???

The result occurred due to a number of reasons.

- we played unfit players who have had no pre-season.

- The others didnt give a toss

- we are just generally unlucky lately, zola backed into and should have been a foul on whitbread but won a free kick which was deflected in. The penalty came from a handball by your player. One worldy strike and one defender mistake.

You began on here reasonably, but some of your recent comments attempting to take the piss out of us will lead to this.

Congratulations on possibly your greatest ever win, but you will never be a premier league side, you will never win any trophies with any value.

Trophies and premier league expeirence and potential to play there again is far better than one cup win.

Good luck for the rest of the season Burton......'Tinpot'.

We made 8 changes to our preferred 11, they should have been out there to show Pearson they should be in the regular 11, but instead played poorly.

Whilst I agree Burton took their chances and we didn't, had we selected our strongest 11 I suspect the outcome would have been very different.

Normally agree with what you say Mack but even with 8 changes we should have had more than enough to beat Burton(no disrespect to Burton)

In fact these 8 players should have been MORE hungry to prove a point to get in the 1st team.

Not good at all...

Burton were no better than Torquay and both were nowhere near as good as Swindon were last year when they were in league 2 and played us in the cup.

A deflected free kick, a defensive error, a dodgy penalty, a mistake by the keeper. Any lower league/conference team can kick a ball up field and occasionally score.

That said i congratulate Burton on their win and always hope local lower league teams do well especially as Burton have connections with Leicester through Rowett Kee and Poole.

Burton were no better than Torquay and both were nowhere near as good as Swindon were last year when they were in league 2 and played us in the cup.

A deflected free kick, a defensive error, a dodgy penalty, a mistake by the keeper. Any lower league/conference team can kick a ball up field and occasionally score.

That said i congratulate Burton on their win and always hope local lower league teams do well especially as Burton have connections with Leicester through Rowett Kee and Poole.

WOW!!! So really we should have won!!!!

If IF and IFs!!!

Every goal is a mistake by the keeper technically..

Some of this guys comments are laughable.

The gap between the championship and League 2 is huge.

Maybe because swindon beat stoke then there is not too much difference between the premier league and league 1???

The result occurred due to a number of reasons.

- we played unfit players who have had no pre-season.

- The others didnt give a toss

- we are just generally unlucky lately, zola backed into and should have been a foul on whitbread but won a free kick which was deflected in. The penalty came from a handball by your player. One worldy strike and one defender mistake.

You began on here reasonably, but some of your recent comments attempting to take the piss out of us will lead to this.

Congratulations on possibly your greatest ever win, but you will never be a premier league side, you will never win any trophies with any value.

Trophies and premier league expeirence and potential to play there again is far better than one cup win.

Good luck for the rest of the season Burton......'Tinpot'.

Diddums!!

We won because you were 'generally unlucky' and had 'unfit players'?!! Zola hadn't started a game for months but bullied your CBs all night.

No we'll never be a premier league side (cheers for pointing that out), well spotted.

Never win anything with any 'value'? Value is relative sunshine - beating Leicester away from home was priceless to us. It doesn't get any more valuable than that.

Sour grapes old boy...... take a leaf out of the book of some of your post-pubescent friends on here who have been decent enough to say 'fair play, we were crap, and you were pretty good'. Thankfully most Leicester fans don't appear to be like you.

Apart from the fact we scored 4 (and at your ground, too) and they didn't score any?

And are you saying the 4th was a mistake by the 'keeper? :o Joe Hart wouldn't have stopped that!

Appreciate the last bit though, most of your lads have taken this well and not thrown the toys out of the pram. Hope you have a good season (and certainly a better one than Derby please).

Archived