Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy038

Burton fan in peace

Well chaps,i came on here after the draw was made and said I thought we could give you a good game despite the raft of "easy game", " put the reserves out", "i predict 8-0 to city" etc on here. So it proved. If you had put some of your chances away then who knows, but as the saying goes, " if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle". You didn't convert and paid the price. Some of your guys are saying our second was just a defensive error - not so,the finish was top class too, it wasn't a total gift. Still had to be put away. Credit to some of your fans for applauding us off. I have no ace to grind with Leicester whatsoever ( can't stand derby though!). All the best for rest of season but we deserved it tonight. Perhaps the predictions will be bit less outlandish next time. The difference between the championship and the two divisions below is not huge thesedays. By all means bemoan your own performance but give us some credit. We came and scored 4, worked ourselves into the ground and showed belief and guts.

Cheers fellas.

Up the brewers.

Cheers, it was just our night. That it came off the back of an away win at bramall lane is extra special for us. We will never be a championship club, we know that. Just a special night against a much bigger local club. Like I say, no issues with Leicester at all. Wish you all the best.

we paid the price for putting out a team which contained a lot of unfit players mainly from the reserves.

some were shattered at half time.

if we played our 1st team it would have been totally different.

Oh, and the gap between the 2 is much greater than we showed tonight, we put 4 past torquay at their place, and they are expected to go up from league 2.

Guest MattP

Well done and good luck.

A lot of us on here are just as embarrassed by the 8-0 predictions etc and lack of respect you were shown.

We got exactly what we deserved.

You stuck to your game plan and played it out brilliantly. I stayed to applaud you off and I will admit I expected a comfortable win but I don't think you can blame us for that.

The only goal I'd contend was the 3rd because it wasn't a penalty. But you deserved to win.

We were awful and you played very well.

All the best

Good luck to Burton, a club I've always liked ever since the days of Nigel Clough, a manager I like (there's a comment to get me banned from Foxes Talk!). You had the match well won by the end. That said, football is always so much a game of confidence and attitude. At 0-1 and 1-2, I was still confident that LCFC would turn it around, but if you keep on conceding goals... The attitude & performance of some of our lot stank and deserved defeat. Your lot kept calm, played well, rode your luck, improved with confidence and deserved to win.

Your comment about the 2nd goal is telling. As you watch L2 football, you probably half-expect defenders to defend like that and do not necessarily expect your striker to finish like that. In the Championship, there is no way that a defender should ever defend like that and there's a strong chance that an opposing striker will finish like that if he does! That's not meant as some sort of elitist response (I used to watch a non-league team who dreamed of playing sides from as high as L2!).

By the end, you had the match well won and were stroking the ball around very nicely - and it was a great strike for your 4th, needless to say!

Did you get a decent view of the penalty decision from the away end? My initial reaction was that our bloke handled it, but 1 or 2 around me thought it was your player (my eyesight isn't the best!). The ferocious reaction of the LCFC defenders suggests to me their dismay was genuine.

As for any LCFC fans suggesting an easy win beforehand, you'll probably find that a few were dry wits or wind-up merchants, others just the sort of idiots you get at every club, including Burton!

Well deserved win for Burton, Leicester need to sort things out the team we put out should have breezed this one, just shows what hard work does to win a game (Burton not Leicester), we were still in the changing rooms, the team we put out earn v good money more than me & you so pull yourself together & sort it out !!!!!! & start playing as a team.

We made 8 changes to our preferred 11, they should have been out there to show Pearson they should be in the regular 11, but instead played poorly.

Whilst I agree Burton took their chances and we didn't, had we selected our strongest 11 I suspect the outcome would have been very different.

Fair play to Burton. Nice to have Kevin Poole back on the pitch at Leicester (albeit coaching at half time), I always liked that bloke; and great that Gary Rowett is having some success too. Good luck in the next round.

I'm not being funny, but after beating you in pre-season and then landing you at home there's not many fans that are gonna give you a chance. That's football.

Regarding the second goal, if Whitbread heads it that goal doesn't happen so it was a mistake. Credit where it's due, was a great finish.

You fully deserved the win, no-one will make any bones about that. Good luck in the next round.

If you were there, you'll find most lcfc fans applauded your 30 yarder and your team off the pitch at the end, while our got rightly booed off.

Never mind the lcfc fans our team should come out apologise to us and congratulate you, as they clearly had no respect for you and no desire to win.

Whilst you say there isnt much difference between the divisions, there really is. Whilst you raised your game and we were dreadful, you werent a quality side and had some of our players bothered to turn up, we'd have won. But fair play to you and I did applaud you off and also the 35 yarder and if I could I'd still be there booing that put on the shirt last night

I have to admit, I applauded Burton off too. We were an embarrassment! Some good goals last night from what I remember...wasn't even drinking yet I seem to only remember

your 4th goal. Anyway, least your boys showed heart and determination, we showed neither. No matter what anyone may say, we had more than enough quality on the pitch to

get a result! Good luck for the season.

Secomd goal was a defensive error, I could have finished it and should not have been a penalty. Our side was good enough to beat Burton and we had enough chances to score several goals.

Facts are though Burton came, stuck to a game plan, took their chances and made the most of any poor refereeing decisions. Result made us look stupid and thoroughly deserved the win.

Hopefully they will be at home next round as I may go and watch as I have on previous occations as one of my random matches to attend each year.

we paid the price for putting out a team which contained a lot of unfit players mainly from the reserves.

some were shattered at half time.

if we played our 1st team it would have been totally different.

Oh, and the gap between the 2 is much greater than we showed tonight, we put 4 past torquay at their place, and they are expected to go up from league 2.

Oh please, spare me - you are joking, aren't you? Shattered at half time? Whose fault is that? 'If we'd played our first team'. Even I know that your starting side was still chock full of good quality Championship players. Dans, St Ledger, Schmeichel, James etc.... come on!

Appreciate comments from others, cheers.

Whilst you say there isnt much difference between the divisions, there really is. Whilst you raised your game and we were dreadful, you werent a quality side and had some of our players bothered to turn up, we'd have won. But fair play to you and I did applaud you off and also the 35 yarder and if I could I'd still be there booing that put on the shirt last night

I'm sorry mate but I disagree. I think for a L2 side we were quality last night. We didn't hoof it for ninety minutes. We played some long ball stuff up to Zola (who caused you no end of problems all night with his size and general ability to hold it up and bring others into play) for sure, but we also played some tidy football on the deck. We're not Brazil, I realise that, but we played some quality stuff last night at times against a vastly more experienced, expensive side in the second tier - and who knows, maybe the top tier before long.

Archived