Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The responsibility to turn the club's fortunes around rests with the players - Schmeichel

BBC

Kasper Schmeichel wants Leicester City to be ruthless

Leicester City captain Kasper Schmeichel says the Foxes need to find a ruthless streak to help bring an end to their run of three defeats.

Leicester's 4-2 loss to Burton in the League Cup on Tuesday followed league losses to Blackburn and Charlton.

Schmeichel told BBC Radio Leicester: "It's that ruthless streak that we need and we've been talking about it ever since I first came here.

"It's something that we have to work on as a group and that will be done."

Schmeichel insists the responsibility to turn the club's fortunes around rests with the players.

He added: "It's something that has to come from the players, it's not something that the management can instil in us. It's something that we have to have in our hearts and our minds.

"There was a lot of us that need to buck our ideas up if we want to go anywhere this season.

"The coaching staff and the management are very capable and I have complete faith that they know what they're doing."

Yet in the merc article NP says it is his responsibility or perhaps let us make a deduction that it is both their responsibility!

The Manager can only do so much, consistency of individual performance and effort is in the hands of the players. Pearson had no reason to suspect such a dire showing from his team against Burton at best there were two players from the stating 11 that came out totally unscathed, De Laet and Knocky.

Yet in the merc article NP says it is his responsibility or perhaps let us make a deduction that it is both their responsibility!

It's both of course, they are both trying to shield the other from flack. Pearson can't make Nugent or Vardy score the easiest of chances that's down to them. But he could help tighten us up with a tweak of setup.

Kasper Schmeichel said he was devastated and gobsmacked by Leicester City's shocking defeat by Burton Albion on Tuesday.

The goalkeeper was captain for the night as the Brewers pulled off a shock 4-2 victory in the Capital One Cup at King Power Stadium.

1. ​4089335.jpg
    Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel

City face Blackpool, who have won their three opening games and are the only side in the Championship with a 100 percent record, on Saturday, and Schmeichel said that game couldn't come quick enough as City look to erase the memory of their woeful performance.

"It was awful," he said. "There is no other way to describe it really.

"We were terrible. From start to finish, we could have done better than we did and I am very sorry to the fans who came out for what they got.

"I think this can be a very important lesson for us, it has to be a very important lesson. You can't play like against any team from any level.

"The fourth goal came from a long way out and moved in the air, and sometimes as a keeper you have to hold your hands up. I expect myself to be saving those. This time it went in and I hold my hands up. But all over the pitch we weren't good enough. We didn't have the hunger and desire required to win a game like this.

"I can't put my finger on why this has happened. I am gobsmacked, devastated, I can't believe it really.

"We should hang our heads in shame. But we are going have to lift ourselves and then we have to step on the gas and get on with it, because if we feel sorry for ourselves then Blackpool will turn us over.

"I hope the fact we are facing Blackpool will raise us. From a personal point of view, I want a game to come as quick as possible to get any memory of this game is wiped away as soon as possible."

:yawn: amazing how the players come up with these quotes when we aren't doing very well yet when we are doing well you hear nothing.

Do the talking on the pitch lads.

Thats because the majority of players in our squad are yet "to do well" for us.

Archived