Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Team of last 5 years?

Wow, I'm surprised you weren't asked to play Sherlock Holmes after thinking that up!

What I'm saying is that 50% of the players you selected did do a good job, and 50% didn't. So whether you're trying to be funny or not (and obviously you are), it just comes across as being dull and inacurate.

Based on them all being in their prime on their best day (not necessarily for Leicester):

Fulop

Naughton - C Davies - Tunchev - Konchesky

M Davies - Spearing - Gelson

Cleverley

Yakubu - Nugent

SUBS:

Schmeichel

Paintsil or Van Aanholt

Vitor or Bruma

Abe or Johnson

Marshall

Vassell

Beckford

Why do you quote and then edit to to put Wellens in? I've seen, not only you do that, but also post (what seems to be) sarcastic comments towards Wellens...

He has had one poor season (when the rest of the team was also poor) but apart from the has been a good, solid signing. His legs are going now, but his ability to slow the game when required is second to none in our squad.

Wellens jokes are well old now, and annoying.

oh yes...

Look at how many people have chosen Yakubu! I thought the world and his wife hated the fat, lazy, useless ****? What changed?

Doesn't apply to everyone! I loved him during his time here, evidence is in my posts from that year. Natural goalscorer.

oh yes...

What dooes that mean?

The people that didn't think that picked him?

90% on here hated, and I don't mean disliked, quite a lot seemed to genuinely hate him yet I'd say he's in over half the teams on here. Probably more than that. Just wondered why people changed from hoping we didn't sign him and wanting Waghorn picked instead to naming him as our best striker in the past 5 years. People admitting they were wrong?

Doesn't apply to everyone! I loved him during his time here, evidence is in my posts from that year. Natural goalscorer.

Same here. Better than 1 in 2 in his spell here and then went on to score loads for a relegated team. Our best striker for quite a while.

90% on here hated, and I don't mean disliked, quite a lot seemed to genuinely hate him yet I'd say he's in over half the teams on here. Probably more than that. Just wondered why people changed from hoping we didn't sign him and wanting Waghorn picked instead to naming him as our best striker in the past 5 years. People admitting they were wrong?

I think it's easy to come to the conclusion that 90% of people think something when in actual fact it's just the very very active posters that by their shear volume of posts make it look like the forum shares a view. I think there were plenty, me included, that thought he was one of the best strikers we'd had in a while.

That's not true. I'd say it was far closer to 50/50. It's just like with Pearson - after the Burton game I would have thought 75% of people thought he was a willy puller, but then there was a poll that proved differently. Plus, since the Blackpool game there's been close to no negative comments about him at all.

For the record, I didn't particularly like Yakubu hence why he wasn't in my team. He may have had around 1 in 2 goals per game ratio (and a 1 in 2 decent performances per game ratio I might add) but his goals per chances one was quite a lot worse than that.

Sometimes we need that. Still think he holds the ball better than the rest of the midfielders.

Yeah, sometimes ..... I'm apparently on a pearson out campaign so i probably need to create a different account to say this ...... But i don't think he fits into the new style of NP's play, quick paced, constantly pressurising, up and at them style...... He's bought in young and fit players to play a young and fit style of play (which I love) but that means Wellens (for me thankfully) doesn't fit anymore.

Yeah, sometimes ..... I'm apparently on a pearson out campaign so i probably need to create a different account to say this ...... But i don't think he fits into the new style of NP's play, quick paced, constantly pressurising, up and at them style...... He's bought in young and fit players to play a young and fit style of play (which I love) but that means Wellens (for me thankfully) doesn't fit anymore.

Your anti-Wellens campaign sure is childish. Grow up. :ph34r:

Weale

Peltier - Mills - Mee - Ball

Gallagher - Wellens - Johnson - Dyer

Bednar - Kermorgant

:yawn:

Not only is it so predictable, but it doesn't make any sense. You really think the likes of Wellens, Mee and Dyer are as bad as the likes of Bednar and Ball?

Archived