Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Team of last 5 years?

Imagine this team if all played at same time!

If all players played to there full potential, would this team stay up in premiership? anyone I have missed out? Obviously knockaert is just in there from what I have seen briefly. either him or dyer really though !

----------------------schmeichel

Naughton------bruma-------vitor-----Cunningham

------------------------fernandes

----------------Davies------------cleverley

Marshall---------------------------------------knockaert

---------------------------yakubu

Kasper

-

Naughton - Hobbs - Morgan - Powell

-

Gelson

Davies ----- King

Marshall --------------------------- Waghorn

Howard/Nugent

Edit : Explain things

Kasper, no doubt

Naughton no doubt, Hobbs was amazing for us would form a good partnership with Morgan probably, Crispy . . . Why not ? :P

Gelson no doubt the best quality midfielder we had here in recent years shame it didnt work out

Davies was absolute quality and would run the technical engine of the team, with King scraping away and popping up in leathal areas

Marshall no doubt, I cant think of anyone else who could go over Waggy apart for Kamara on 2 appearences . . . lets hope he finds form again and sustains it

Nuge trumps Fryatt, and Howard a few years ago was still quality assuming this is some timeless void we are making this in

:D

Edit again ! : I forgot about the Yak

Ah well Howard will do :sweating:

Fulop in goal.

Curtis Davies and Tunchev centre backs

Berner and Naughton full backs.

Midfield Cleverly and Davies

Wingers Marshall and Gradel

Up front the Yak and Nugent

Probably missed someone obvious but based on their performances for us and other clubs before and after.

If it was on current ability would probably bring in Morgan for tunchev and Konch for Berner.

I think Curtis Davies was the best centre back I've seen play in a long time, he was a beast for us in his first few games. Better than Hobbs and Morgan. Gradel is in their mainly for his Leeds form, don't see how knockeart can be in there. Fulop was also fantastic when he was here, but I can understand people going for Kasper. Berner was also awesome in his day.

The rest I think are obvious choices.

A good player let down by Bamba most of the time. Harshly treated as he took the place of Hobbs but was clearly a better player.

Perhaps, but as a central defender he was shocking. As a defensive midfielder he may have looked a better player in the long run.

Kasper

Naughton

Hobbs

Brown (now that was a partnership, we're talking team and not just individuals)

Berner

Davies

Cleverley

Wellens

Marshall

Gradel

Nugent

Had to go for 5 in midfield, wouldn't drop those for any of our other strikers

Cleverley really wasn't that good for us. Same goes for Vitor.

They were both fine, but not exactly outstanding.

Schmeichel

Naughton

Hobbs

Kisnorbo

Berner

Marshall

King

Davies

Dyer

Fryatt

Yakubu

(4-3-1-2: Marshall behind)

Fulop

Morrison -- Vitor -- Hobbs -- Naughton

Cleverley -- King -- Wellens

Marshall

Yakubu -- Fryatt

Would love have loved it if we would have got Yakubu full time. I still think one of Moyes' biggest mistakes at Everton was letting Yak go, especially fairly cheap. Natural goalscorer, ability to score at any level and still only 29.

Ricardo

John Pantsil

Matt Mills

Bruno N'Gotty

Alan Maybury

Paul Gallagher

Richie Wellens

Michael Johnson

Franck Moussa

Roman Bednar

Martyn Waghorn

Yeah, they really deserve to be in that company.

Cleverley really wasn't that good for us. Same goes for Vitor.

They were both fine, but not exactly outstanding.

Schmeichel

Naughton

Hobbs

Kisnorbo

Berner

Marshall

King

Davies

Dyer

Fryatt

Yakubu

Have a word with yourself. You'd choose Kisnorbo over Vitor??? The only reason why some wouldn't view Vitor as outstanding is because of his injury record while with us. When he did play he was great, far better than Kisnorbo ever was.

Fulop

Naughton

Vitor

Morgan

Cunningham

Fernandes

Cleverly

Davies

Marshall

Gradel

Nugent

See what a lot of you are saying. My team was more a team that would do well now. some of them didn't perform to there maximum potential but Bruma will be a premiership/bundesliga player in his career. cleverley is a man u regular. davies should be a premier league player. Was more a point that if we somehow managed to keep all these players it would be good enough for premier ship.

I think it's down to the fact that these sort of things are usually 'who has done best for us over the last 5 years' I'll agree that Bruma wasn't awful, certainly he wasn't our worst CB, and actually I think he looked pretty good in DM, but he wasn't all that good at the back and no way has he done more for us than Hobbs has.

Have a word with yourself. You'd choose Kisnorbo over Vitor??? The only reason why some wouldn't view Vitor as outstanding is because of his injury record while with us.

When he did play he was great, far better than Kisnorbo ever was.

Fulop

Naughton

Vitor

Morgan

Cunningham

Fernandes

Cleverly

Davies

Marshall

Gradel

Nugent

Vitor played about 15 games for us. Kisnorbo was consistently very good for about 100 games in an otherwise woeful City side.

But if we're picking apart teams...

GRADEL - 1 goal in 27 games for us.

FULOP - Played about 10-15 games. Made some good saves but let in a tonne of goals.

CUNNINGHAM -Garbage in many of the games he played. Only looked back on with any fondness because he broke his leg and was replaced by PVA.

FERNANDES - I liked Gelson and think it's a damned shame he didn't stay, but he played well in about 4 games for us.

Youve left out Andy King (nearly 50 goals from midfield in 200 games) and Fryatt (50 goals in that time).

It's easy this criticizing others for having opinions lark, isn't it?

I think it's down to the fact that these sort of things are usually 'who has done best for us over the last 5 years' I'll agree that Bruma wasn't awful, certainly he wasn't our worst CB, and actually I think he looked pretty good in DM, but he wasn't all that good at the back and no way has he done more for us than Hobbs has.

4 caps for holland now Bruma has! but I see your point, Hobbs performed better for us.

Vitor played about 15 games for us. Kisnorbo was consistently very good for about 100 games in an otherwise woeful City side.

But if we're picking apart teams...

GRADEL - 1 goal in 27 games for us.

FULOP - Played about 10-15 games. Made some good saves but let in a tonne of goals.

CUNNINGHAM -Garbage in many of the games he played. Only looked back on with any fondness because he broke his leg and was replaced by PVA.

FERNANDES - I liked Gelson and think it's a damned shame he didn't stay, but he played well in about 4 games for us.

Youve left out Andy King (nearly 50 goals from midfield in 200 games) and Fryatt (50 goals in that time).

It's easy this criticizing others for having opinions lark, isn't it?

Someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

I think you've missed the point of the thread buddy, so don't get your knickers in a twist, make yourself a bacon sarny and a nice cuppa and chill a little. What is it with people who act like they're victimised because someone else argues against their opinion?

I'll quote the original post

"Imagine this team if all played at same time!

If all players played to there full potential, would this team stay up in premiership?"

So it's not about what they've done for us but more about what they could have done for us. So at the moment you think King is better than Cleverly? And Fryatt is better than Gradel?

And just for the record Kisnorbo was never EVER consistantly good for us.

Archived