Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Team of last 5 years?

Someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

I think you've missed the point of the thread

buudy, so don't get your knickers in a twist, make yourself a bacon sarny and a nice cuppa

and chill a little. What is it with people who act like their victimised because someone else argues against their opinion?

I'll quote the original post

"Imagine this team if all played at same time!

If all players played to there full potential, would this team stay up in premiership?"

So it's not about what they've done for us but more about what they could have done for us. So at the moment you think King is better than Cleverly? And Fryatt is better than Gradel?

And just for the record Kisnorbo was never EVER consistantly good for us.

Pretty sure Kisnorbo won a POTY award for us at some point.

Fair enough though, maybe I have missed the point, and it was an unnecessary response...

Pretty sure Kisnorbo won a POTY award for us at some point.

Fair enough though, maybe I have missed the point, and it was an unnecessary response...

It's alright matey, it's Saturday morning, and if it helps I'm a little bit narky myself, stuck here at work when I could have just woken up to the glorious sunshine............... :rolleyes:

Kisnorbo for me, along with Hume at the time, were players I just couldn't get my head round everyone thought they were some sort of super hero. I said at the time (when Hume was sold and some went into depression) that they were the best of a bad bunch and we loved them so much because they were all we had to love.

Kisnorbo put his body on the line at times but he was so, so bad. Even Wayne Brown could pass a football better than Kisnorbo could. His positioning was awful. The only thing that made him look better was his last ditch tackles, but if he was a better player he would never have had to make those challenges. Players like Vitor and Tunchev had a much better sense of the game and always looked far more composed in certain situations but because of this most of their work went unnoticed. Fans loved Kisnorbo because he and his mistakes gave him extra work to do and when he pulled off a hefty, sliding tackle people would chant his name.

Funny how no-one says Stearman or Mcauley.

I took it from the league one season to now,so they had left by then, but Naughton is better than Stearman but McCauley is probably better than Hobbs or even Morgan.

Vitor was good, but I still maintain Curtis Davies was the best CB we have had, on his day he was one of the best CBs in the country, hence being called up into the England Squad, but he is inconsistent and prone to lapses in concentration.

Why do you quote and then edit to to put Wellens in? I've seen, not only you do that, but also post (what seems to be) sarcastic comments towards Wellens...

He has had one poor season (when the rest of the team was also poor) but apart from the has been a good, solid signing. His legs are going now, but his ability to slow the game when required is second to none in our squad.

Wellens jokes are well old now, and annoying.

Schmeichel

Naughton Hobbs Davies Konchesky

Marshall Davies King Dyer

Howard Fryatt

I think length of service has to count for something in this type of discussion, a lot of the players mentioned barely played a quarter of a season in total; my only exception to this is Davies (both, I should say) who were clearly exceptional even for League 1 in Mark's case, and Marshall in the absence of a stand out right winger. I also think a lot of people are including recent players who underachieved over players who won a league and reached our highest position for almost a decade in Pearson's first spell. I also think for it to be a realistic representation, you have to put down the same formation we played for the majority of the last 5 years.

Wow, I'm surprised you weren't asked to play Sherlock Holmes after thinking that up!

Same to you.

It gets boring, and predictable, when a thread like this is started and certain people post a team of players that didn't succeed at Leicester City.

Fulop

Naughton - Vitor - Tunchev - Berner

Gallagher - Davies - King - Marshall

Nugent - Yakubu

This is based on all the players playing the best they can. King and Gallagher are very hit and miss, but when they're at their best...

So many people omitting Vitor, who I would say has been our best player this century. :o

Fulop

Naughton - Morgan - Vitor - Berner

Marshall - Davies - King - Gallagher*

Yakubu - Fryatt

*You did say playing at their absolute best???

And no Cleverly for me based solely on his Leicester performances (and by that note, how Bruma is mentioned is laughable) Pretty much everyone's picked Morgan I see. I've gone Berner over Konch, much, much better footballer IMO

Archived