Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Lowe

I've heard it all now!

I was making a point about Alan Young coming out with ridiculous comments - nothing to do with Nigel Pearson. In fact I am a big supporter of Pearson. We have finished in the top 8 every season he has been with us so he should be given a good chance this season. Another thing that Young is always saying is 'once the players cross the white line there's nothing the manager can do.' Rubbish - there's plenty you can do. That's what the manager is paid for and what makes one manager better than another.

If we have won every home game and lost every away game then the groundsman is the last person we should be sacking! Fooking hell think about it

I was commenting on Alan Young NOT PEARSON OR THE GROUNDSMAN. I was just shocked to hear him making this excuse for the poor passing tonight. Had he been on the pitch to measure the grass?

What nonsense. I walked alongside the pitch as i left the ground and commented to the effect that "you couldn't go wrong having the chance to play on that surface." It was like a giant snooker able.

Funny... We did the same and my uncle said exactly the same thing. He called it 'a giant snooker table' too. The pitch looked like a big green beize.

If a player can't play on that surface they can't play on anything.

What nonsense. I walked alongside the pitch as i left the ground and commented to the effect that "you couldn't go wrong having the chance to play on that surface." It was like a giant snooker able.

So thats where we went wrong, none of our players brought their cues....... :thumbup:

Why all the Young hate?

Might not be everyones cup of tea on the commentary, but he geniunely cares about the football club and he's a pretty sound guy when you speak to him.

No need for everyone to call him a cock.

Why all the Young hate?

Might not be everyones cup of tea on the commentary, but he geniunely cares about the football club and he's a pretty sound guy when you speak to him.

No need for everyone to call him a cock.

His passion is great but his opinions are obvious and constantly reiterated to a listening public who would like to hear a passionate however slightly less biased description of what is going on in the game.

Constantly tuning in to hear him rant about one player or another gets very frustrating. Especially when you then hear and read many conflicting points to his.

however calling him a cock is very harsh - clueless probably more accurate

Alan Young was fecking awesome for us in his playing days, although it didn't last as long as it should have done. His double against Watford on the opening day of the season, the year we went up, was top draw, and lots more afterwards as well. Leave the guy alone.

He may well have been great in his time and for that i give him the upmost respect.

He's NOW paid to be a commentator/analyser.

And in my opinion he's crap.

Most on here hammered Stringer but in relation to Young he is like a 5Live Pro!!!

He may well have been great in his time and for that i give him the upmost respect.

He's NOW paid to be a commentator/analyser.

And in my opinion he's crap.

Most on here hammered Stringer but in relation to Young he is like a 5Live Pro!!!

Well said! It's nothing to do with how good he was as a player. People are discussing his commentaries. He is certainly better than a lot they have had in the past mentioning no names MATT PIPER...but some of his points he is just making over and over again and he does seem to favour some players.

Archived