Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Defender needed or not?

Do We Need Another Defender?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do We Need Another Defender?

• Yes
    • No

With St Ledger getting injured i can see even more problems at the back, De Laet seems to pick up injures quite often. Looking at our back four it already looks weak as it is, if Nigel does decide to bring in a loan signing then my suggestion would be for possibly young upcoming defender Nathan Baker from villa, not sure if villa would loan him to the foxes but even if its a short loan it really would boost our defence even more?

Anymore suggestions?

A LeicesterPool Poll :D:scarf::trumpet::worship::wub::clap::yahoo:

To answer the question, I think we could do with a back-up left back and that is all.

If St Ledger is injured we got Whitbread or Moore to step in at centre back, while De Laet will play right-back.

Possibly, hard to say really. I'd probably edge towards yes so I vote that.

The defence is looking far better but there's still work to do really and you do worry we'll be in trouble if there is a couple of injuries.

It depends how long SSL is out for really. The last thing we want is to be collecting players like years gone by. If we need anything on short term loan though it would be a defender but otherwise I think stick with what we have until January then try and strengthen with one or two players with an actual long term future here, finances allowing of course.

George Taft anyone? Risky I know, but after a couple of wines, why not? There's also a good lad from Reading, Angus McDonald - but only because he played against my boy at under 10's!! Currently on loan at AFC Wimbledon - and has not looked good, despite being captain of an England under something-or -other squad, Failing those, I'm sure Washy or Matt Elliott could still do a job!!

I think Np should use the next couple of weeks to look at who is available.

I wouldn't say a particular position is required to be filled, but if there is someone out there who wants a loan move (for example one of the many at brum who have fell out with lee clark - marlon king?).

We have enough numbers in my opinion, but possibly lacking quality, especiall up top. If nuge gets injured i dont feel too confident on waggy, futacs or vardy to bag enough.

Although i think we all have to accept that we have a very good first 11, and 3-4 subs. But imagine we did get promoted this season, we would have to bring in a lot of players, we need to make use of the loan market now, and make some key signings in jan if we are still in this position.

I think Np should use the next couple of weeks to look at who is available.

I wouldn't say a particular position is required to be filled, but if there is someone out there who wants a loan move (for example one of the many at brum who have fell out with lee clark - marlon king?).

We have enough numbers in my opinion, but possibly lacking quality, especiall up top. If nuge gets injured i dont feel too confident on waggy, futacs or vardy to bag enough.

Although i think we all have to accept that we have a very good first 11, and 3-4 subs. But imagine we did get promoted this season, we would have to bring in a lot of players, we need to make use of the loan market now, and make some key signings in jan if we are still in this position.

Marlon King is a cvnt, I don't want him anywhere near this club,

I don't see any point in brining in a loan for the sake of it, if we get another defensive injury then maybe we should see who is available, but I would go for experience over youth in this situation.

We certainly don't need any more attacking players, and certainly not convicted sex offenders like Marlon King.

About time we saw what Whitbread could do I guess?

yes, plus with the names listed AND james and a 2 week break i dont see why we would need another defender.

im sure NP said in an interview a while back once ZW fit he imagines him to play most games as hes that caliber of a defender

Archived