Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Waghorn Scores Again

I agree...

The forum does love a scapegoat and currently I think it's Waghorn.

Their are people who still bang on about Beckford but I'm sure I saw him miss plenty of good chances last season?

Like him or loathe him, I'm in the school of thought who believes Waggy adds something to the team, primarily in terms of hold up play.

I thought Vardy, for instance, was pretty awful on Saturday.. Yet few have discussed this. If that was a Waghorn performance he would have been completely slated.

No scapegoating here. It was a shockingly bad miss from where he was. Also you seem to have to talk about Vardy missing to justify your point. The thread is about Waghorn. I believe there is already a slag off Vardy thread on the forum. Just because someone has missed equally as guilt edged chances as Waggy, it does not exonerate him from a terrible miss.

No scapegoating here. It was a shockingly bad miss from where he was. Also you seem to have to talk about Vardy missing to justify your point. The thread is about Waghorn. I believe there is already a slag off Vardy thread on the forum. Just because someone has missed equally as guilt edged chances as Waggy, it does not exonerate him from a terrible miss.

Strikers miss chances?

All of them... For every goal Matty Fryatt used to score for City, he'd miss 3 or 4 first.

Beckford missed tons last season.

Both Nuge and Vardy have missed absolute sitters this season.

Emile Heskey... Once a darling of the City crowd, was a pretty poor finisher.

Get over it, it happens.

Easy chances my arse! The only 1 he should have definitely scored was against Birmingham when he hit it over the bar, the rest were all tricky chances. Vardy has missed more sitters.

The fact that you have pointed out that he has only missed 1 he should deffo have scored also points out that in the time he has played he does not get into the RIGHT positions, therefore imo, not a very good striker.

You also point out that Vardy has missed a few, you are correct, because he constantly gets in to goal scoring positions, something Waggy does NOT do, I never panic about a striker missing chances as long as they comtinue to get chances, you only have to think back to the likes of Andy Cole at Newcastle, he scored about 40 goals in the Prem because he was an instinctive striker, just because he missed about 5 chances a game never made him a bad striker, not missing chances does.

Having said all that, when ever Waggy is on the pitch i'm right behind him and desperate for him to do well but there comes a time when it's just not happening, maybe we do NEED to send him out on loan, maybe a league 1 side even, just to get him bagging on a regular basis and finding himself in more goal scoring chances than he is currently showing.

You're still missing the point. He literally couldn't have kicked the sodding ball any closer to going into the net without it being a goal. He hit the FRAME of the goal. So technically, he hasn't actually missed the target. Also, it was the INSIDE of the post. Slate him all you want, as I know you will. But this scapegoating under performing, lacking confidence players is going to become our achilles heel - and it needs to stop.

I'm not saying we all pop our blue tinted specs on. But be reasonable.

You're still missing the point. He literally couldn't have kicked the sodding ball any closer to going into the net without it being a goal. He hit the FRAME of the goal. So technically, he hasn't actually missed the target. Also, it was the INSIDE of the post. Slate him all you want, as I know you will. But this scapegoating under performing, lacking confidence players is going to become our achilles heel - and it needs to stop.

lol

:thumbup:

Strikers miss chances?

All of them... For every goal Matty Fryatt used to score for City, he'd miss 3 or 4 first.

Beckford missed tons last season.

Both Nuge and Vardy have missed absolute sitters this season.

Emile Heskey... Once a darling of the City crowd, was a pretty poor finisher.

Get over it, it happens.

The difference is that they also scored too. Anyway if they missed chances as easy as the Wolves one they would and should have been slated for it.

No you are missing the point. He was 8 yards out and missed a chance to level the game. Inches/miles does not matter. If you can not even hit the target from where he was then that is poor.

Hitting the post is not a shot on target. It is classed as off target.

No you are missing the point. He was 8 yards out and missed a chance to level the game. Inches/miles does not matter. If you can not even hit the target from where he was then that is poor.

Hitting the post is not a shot on target. It is classed as off target.

So any striker who hits the post instead of scoring is shit, cheers for clearing that one up.

So any striker who hits the post instead of scoring is shit, cheers for clearing that one up.

No. Any striker that misses from 8 yards out with no one around him is guilty of a terrible miss. What is hard to understand about this. Perhaps you can point out where I have called him a shit striker...

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling the old waggy is just around the corner? Genuinely think if he gets a goal he could be a big part of the promotion push.

I want to believe.. I do ... I really do .... I hope it is just a matter of confidence/form but do worry that his injuries have cost him something

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling the old waggy is just around the corner? Genuinely think if he gets a goal he could be a big part of the promotion push.

Yes, he looks fit and strong. His hold up play was excellent against Brighton - had he have buried that chance in the first half the boo-boys would be sat eating humble pie, cheering him on saying how Pearson brings the best out of him. I have every confidence in Waggy that if he scored 2-3 within the next few weeks, he'll be the Waggy we had on loan.

Yes, he looks fit and strong. His hold up play was excellent against Brighton - had he have buried that chance in the first half the boo-boys would be sat eating humble pie, cheering him on saying how Pearson brings the best out of him. I have every confidence in Waggy that if he scored 2-3 within the next few weeks, he'll be the Waggy we had on loan.

So what if he doesn't though? Would this make him forever rubbish? Some strange logic...

No. Any striker that misses from 8 yards out with no one around him is guilty of a terrible miss. What is hard to understand about this. Perhaps you can point out where I have called him a shit striker...

I'll do it for you. He's a shit striker.

So what if he doesn't though? Would this make him forever rubbish? Some strange logic...

A strange logic? I really don't understand what point you're trying to make pal. Opposing people that really want Waggy to return to former glories in any way possible is a strange logic also.

My logic is, and I don't think this is too difficult to understand, is - if Waggy scores fairly soon, it'll give him a massive confidence boost and he'll start finding the net again. If this barron spell lasts much longer - then we'll know that he isn't going to return to former glories - and you boys will have got your wish. Simples :)

A strange logic? I really don't understand what point you're trying to make pal. Opposing people that really want Waggy to return to former glories in any way possible is a strange logic also.

My logic is, and I don't think this is too difficult to understand, is - if Waggy scores fairly soon, it'll give him a massive confidence boost and he'll start finding the net again. If this barron spell lasts much longer - then we'll know that he isn't going to return to former glories - and you boys will have got your wish. Simples :)

:thumbup:

Idiot... put him in the bin now.

Which boys? Again where have I called him shite?

If he scores in the next few weeks then he will find the net regularly. How do you know this and it will not just be a flash in the pan? How do you know he won't grab a goal in February then go on a run? As I said strange logic...

Which boys? Again where have I called him shite?

If he scores in the next few weeks then he will find the net regularly. How do you know this and it will not just be a flash in the pan? How do you know he won't grab a goal in February then go on a run? As I said strange logic...

Because he needs a goal to give him confidence. Once he has his confidence back - in my personal opinion, I think we'll see him back to his best. Nothing strange about that logic at all mate.

Archived