Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Waghorn Scores Again

Just so we can weedle the idiots out nice and early and get this over and done with, I'd like to encourage any one who thinks he should be starting in the first team to come forward early so you can be put firmly back in your box this thread can sink and we can discuss something worthwhile.

Another goal to add to all those he's bagged for the firsts - Waghorn scores yet again! Starting to lose count...

Well he scored a hat-trick the other week

Just so we can weedle the idiots out nice and early and get this over and done with, I'd like to encourage any one who thinks he should be starting in the first team to come forward early so you can be put firmly back in your box this thread can sink and we can discuss something worthwhile.

I take it you don't care how the Under 21's get on then?

Well he scored a hat-trick the other week

not for the firsts he didnt. Its not even about caring for the u21s results, because im always interested in them, but Wag can score as many as he likes for the 21s, we all know every time he gets a chance for the firsts he fvcks up. not the same player any more.

Not that i'm a hater, but he's really not proving anything.

I wasn't particularly saying that scoring against Forest's u21's team is going to win us promotion - but it's certainly a step in the right direction. At least, it will give him confidence that he knows he can score goals that hopefully he can bring into the first team - then start banging them away, and proving people wrong.

Great post include me out ( of the idiots ) Waghorn is still not good enough for us.

The headline could as easily have read "Futacs scores again" but it's heartening to see two of our main supporting strikers keeping the manager aware of their capabilities. And good to see they're being kept sharp too, along with the likes of Schlupp.

For now I think Pearson's got the balance right. We've got our best two strikers working successfully in tandem, we've got Knocky adding a bit of je ne sais quoi or wheatever that translates to in Belgian, we've got the pace of Dyer, the precision of King, the industry of Drinkwater and the threat that Marshall may yet get over his troubles and start playing football again! lol

The strikers are doing just what they need to. Getting their heads down, doing their best, notching a goal or two and showing that they're worthy of being kept involved. None of that will go against them whether they finally break through here or eventually move on.

But it doesn't do any more than that. Both are already involved with the first team squad and mostly getting a place on the bench. They're not going to displace Nugent and Vardy in the starting line-up with results the way they are and the team blending so seamlessly.

All Waghorn, Futacs and a few others can do is be ready to play their part when the opportunity arises...as it undoubtedly will in time.

I remember a time when having a young player banging them in for the reserves and getting international recognition, whilst our main strikers are doing the business for the first team used to be a good thing.

That applies to Futacs, as well as waghorn.

What a muppet you are!

Any danger of you being happy that we've got strikers (besides the ones who are regularly starting for the first XI) that are in form and scoring. Heaven forbid that we might have a bit of competition for places and strength in depth.

PS. This is me putting you back in your box :thumbup:

What a muppet you are!

Any danger of you being happy that we've got strikers (besides the ones who are regularly starting for the first XI) that are in form and scoring. Heaven forbid that we might have a bit of competition for places and strength in depth.

PS. This is me putting you back in your box :thumbup:

Please bear in mind who they are in form for and who they are scoring against...

Archived