Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Waghorn Scores Again

Please bear in mind who they are in form for and who they are scoring against...

He's scoring against the only opposition that he's getting the chance to do so. I'm not saying he should be in the first team but I do think we should take heart that we've got players in reserve who are doing all they can to get in the starting XI - certainly not belittling it.

I am gutted, I thought he had a new bird

:-(

He ain't Ken Barlow standard

But girls actually love Waggy, like two girls sat next to me at the Burnley game and they kept saying there is sexy Waghorn, sexy Waghorn, sexy Waghorn is coming on :huh:

I don't see the issue. He's currently a regular substitute for the first team and is doing a good job in such a role. He has already played his part in setting up some good goals in his pitch time - most notably that awesome break with Dyer to set up Nuge against Hull. He's not warranting a starting place because, lets face it, Nuge and Vardy are scoring more goals than him at the moment (in the first team, anyway.) I think starting a thread like this is only going to divide folks on the forums and is, to all respective purposes, pointless.

So good on Waggy, but it changes nothing - he's our impact sub and that shouldn't change based on another goal for the u21's, save for Vardy suddenly contracting Dengue Fever or something along those lines.

There's no CHANGE SHIT FOR THE SAKE OF IT in TEAM.

But girls actually love Waggy, like two girls sat next to me at the Burnley game and they kept saying there is sexy Waghorn, sexy Waghorn, sexy Waghorn is coming on :huh:

tumblr_lrn0hl5oJR1qdshi4o1_500.gif

What a muppet you are!

Any danger of you being happy that we've got strikers (besides the ones who are regularly starting for the first XI) that are in form and scoring. Heaven forbid that we might have a bit of competition for places and strength in depth.

PS. This is me putting you back in your box :thumbup:

lol Righto mate,

If you think Waghorn should be starting lets have a discussion, I guarantee it wont last long, if you don't then you have comprehension issues.

I feel sorry for Futacs, given he's actually produced a note worthy contribution in scoring a great goal against Burton and would actually offer a decent alternative to our main strike force yet Waghorn seems to be the one getting the minutes and the attention when he should clearly be sent out on loan for the rest of the season and forgotten about until he can produce something.

lol Righto mate,

If you think Waghorn should be starting lets have a discussion, I guarantee it wont last long, if you don't then you have comprehension issues.

I feel sorry for Futacs, given he's actually produced a note worthy contribution in scoring a great goal against Burton and would actually offer a decent alternative to our main strike force yet Waghorn seems to be the one getting the minutes and the attention when he should clearly be sent out on loan for the rest of the season and forgotten about until he can produce something.

Wow what a great way to start a 'discussion'. It doesn't seem all that clear to me as he's currently got a record of 1 goal in every 3.5 games under our current manager and has the second best record at this level of all of our current strikers. But you know as it's 'clear' that he should go out on loan I guess we can't have a discussion about it.

Just wait until he sticks it up their Chocolate starfish instead of their furry front bum , then they will realise how accurate he is.

lol Righto mate,

Nobody has said he should be starting, you might want to re-read this thread before accusing others of comprehension issues, what people can see is that when he has come on he has done well in most areas, holding the ball up, harassing defenders, adding some energy and pace and creating chances for others, and getting on the end of chances himself. The only thing he hasn't done is score, and he should have done more than once.

The reasoning behind this is that he isn't match fit and short on confidence.

The point of this thread is to be happy about the fact that he is rediscovering his scoring touch for the reserves, and that hopefully he will bring that the first team.

As for waghorn or futacs, I've not seen him play that much so I don't if he can do what waghorn can do in terms of energy and holding the ball up, and I see him as more of a plan b option when we are losing and are desperate for a goal, which we haven't been in these last few games, whereas waghorn offers a lot more when seeing out a game.

Nobody has said he should be starting, you might want to re-read this thread before accusing others of comprehension issues, what people can see is that when he has come on he has done well in most areas, holding the ball up, harassing defenders, adding some energy and pace and creating chances for others, and getting on the end of chances himself. The only thing he hasn't done is score, and he should have done more than once.

The reasoning behind this is that he isn't match fit and short on confidence.

The point of this thread is to be happy about the fact that he is rediscovering his scoring touch for the reserves, and that hopefully he will bring that the first team.

As for waghorn or futacs, I've not seen him play that much so I don't if he can do what waghorn can do in terms of energy and holding the ball up, and I see him as more of a plan b option when we are losing and are desperate for a goal, which we haven't been in these last few games, whereas waghorn offers a lot more when seeing out a game.

I never said anyone had said that, I encouraged those that were going to say it to come forward. Again, read what has been written.

I couldn't careless if Waghorn bags a hat trick in the under 21's at the age of 22, for a long time short sighted supporters have looked at who's doing well for reserve/youth teams when the first team isn't doing well and demanded to see the regular performers at that level called up. If some people had their way Weslowski, Chambers, Dodds, Sheehan, Wigston Car Breakers FC very own Levi Porter, Billy Kee plenty of other sh1t bags dotted around League One, Two and the Conference and in Levi's case the Leicester Alliance Sunday League Premier division would be have had over 100 apperances for us.

You must be watching a different Martin Waghorn to me as I've seen the majority of our games this season and the only thing I've seen him do worthy of note is feed that ball into Nugent at Huddersfield and im not overly convinced he even met that! Confidence is rock bottom, head is down, seems to struggle to hit a barn door in the warm up with the first team, and it aint going to get any better playing with kids and stiffs! Should go out on loan.

I never said anyone had said that, I encouraged those that were going to say it to come forward. Again, read what has been written.

I couldn't careless if Waghorn bags a hat trick in the under 21's at the age of 22, for a long time short sighted supporters have looked at who's doing well for reserve/youth teams when the first team isn't doing well and demanded to see the regular performers at that level called up. If some people had their way Weslowski, Chambers, Dodds, Sheehan, Wigston Car Breakers FC very own Levi Porter, Billy Kee plenty of other sh1t bags dotted around League One, Two and the Conference and in Levi's case the Leicester Alliance Sunday League Premier division would be have had over 100 apperances for us.

You must be watching a different Martin Waghorn to me as I've seen the majority of our games this season and the only thing I've seen him do worthy of note is feed that ball into Nugent at Huddersfield and im not overly convinced he even met that! Confidence is rock bottom, head is down, seems to struggle to hit a barn door in the warm up with the first team, and it aint going to get any better playing with kids and stiffs! Should go out on loan.

Has he been taking tips from you? :P

I feel sorry for Waghorn. Loves the club, was excellent in his first season. He came back to a very different club, got played outta position, lost his confidence, and now he is back scoring goals albeit against weaker opposition - still deemed useless by a lot of our fans. I wasn't aware that players scoring for our youth team was considered to be such a menial achievement.

I feel sorry for Waghorn. Loves the club, was excellent in his first season. He came back to a very different club, got played outta position, lost his confidence, and now he is back scoring goals albeit against weaker opposition - still deemed useless by a lot of our fans. I wasn't aware that players scoring for our youth team was considered to be such a menial achievement.

Well look at the players who have over the past 8 odd years and see where they majority are now and you'll see why, it's only really King and possibly O'Grady who have managed to be competent at this level and it's taken O'Grady a long time working his way up the ladder. Also, they were actually kids at the time as well, not a 22 year old who has already had a half decent spell in the 2nd tier of English football.

Well look at the players who have over the past 8 odd years and see where they majority are now and you'll see why, it's only really King and possibly O'Grady who have managed to be competent at this level and it's taken O'Grady a long time working his way up the ladder. Also, they were actually kids at the time as well, not a 22 year old who has already had a half decent spell in the 2nd tier of English football.

I agree that over the last 10 years or so we've had to endure some truly awful footballers, including ones coming through the ranks of our academy. But with the new u21's league structure, I would think that it would at least be slightly more competitive then they were all those years ago. Waghorn is different, as you pointed out - he has a decent record at championship level and given his drop in confidence, him scoring for the reserves regularly should be seen as a positive as at some point he will carry this form into the first team. His age is nearly irrelevant, as he's only one year older but qualifies due to the rules.

I'm sure Waghorn will return to former glories, as I was sure that Pearson would get a good run of results together. Waghorn scoring and increasing his confidence is a good thing.

I agree that over the last 10 years or so we've had to endure some truly awful footballers, including ones coming through the ranks of our academy. But with the new u21's league structure, I would think that it would at least be slightly more competitive then they were all those years ago. Waghorn is different, as you pointed out - he has a decent record at championship level and given his drop in confidence, him scoring for the reserves regularly should be seen as a positive as at some point he will carry this form into the first team. His age is nearly irrelevant, as he's only one year older but qualifies due to the rules.

I'm sure Waghorn will return to former glories, as I was sure that Pearson would get a good run of results together. Waghorn scoring and increasing his confidence is a good thing.

The fact that he had a good half a season a couple of years ago is by the by, many a footballer has performed well for a season or two of their career and gone on to be crap for the remainder of their career, whether Waghorn will be one of those time will tell.

Well we have differing opinions then as I would of thought just being picked to play Reserve team football would just further destroy his confidence further but there we are. As I say, it's Futacs I feel for he should be getting as least as many opportunities as Waghorn.

I was at game. Team played well Waggy played middle of park. Some very good performances especially by the young players. Panayiotou was especially good on the wide right , I think we should be happy , our first team are 1st class at the moment, and the guys in the 21s win every week. Good Times ( Nothing to moan about ) lets enjoy the fruits of our wonderful squad!

I was at game. Team played well Waggy played middle of park. Some very good performances especially by the young players. Panayiotou was especially good on the wide right , I think we should be happy , our first team are 1st class at the moment, and the guys in the 21s win every week. Good Times ( Nothing to moan about ) lets enjoy the fruits of our wonderful squad!

FK10, if you go to more youth/reserve games would you mind giving us more regular feedback? Living away, I have no chance of going to these games but am very interested in how our possible future and frnge players are progressing. Thanks.

The fact that he had a good half a season a couple of years ago is by the by, many a footballer has performed well for a season or two of their career and gone on to be crap for the remainder of their career, whether Waghorn will be one of those time will tell.

Well we have differing opinions then as I would of thought just being picked to play Reserve team football would just further destroy his confidence further but there we are. As I say, it's Futacs I feel for he should be getting as least as many opportunities as Waghorn.

I am not disagreeing that futacs deserves a chance, but like waghorn he is still young and will get them.

What I don't understand is this belittling of his past achievements, he had a good full season, not half a season, he scored regularly and played well every game. Since then his chances have been limited he has had injuries and been played out of position, gone on loan, seen numerous managerial and personnel changes, and has not looked the same player.

...but given the choice of an unproven young striker who hasn't had a successful season at this level, futacs, or an equally young striker who has had a successful season at this level, you can't blame np for choosing waghorn over futacs.

Archived