Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Waghorn Scores Again

I am not disagreeing that futacs deserves a chance, but like waghorn he is still young and will get them.

What I don't understand is this belittling of his past achievements, he had a good full season, not half a season, he scored regularly and played well every game. Since then his chances have been limited he has had injuries and been played out of position, gone on loan, seen numerous managerial and personnel changes, and has not looked the same player.

...but given the choice of an unproven young striker who hasn't had a successful season at this level, futacs, or an equally young striker who has had a successful season at this level, you can't blame np for choosing waghorn over futacs.

Because it's exactly that, in the past, as I say, many a player has a spell of form loses it and never recaptures it and make all the excuses you want for him it is not working for him here. It's not even like he's that young he's 22 and he's not even improving he's getting worse. He's not contributing anything coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game and it's not helping him playing so little either, except for playing in the now apparently highly competitve U21 league :-/. Should be loaned out if we want the best out of him get him some first team football see if he can still do it given a chance, change of scenery away from the boo boys ect

Some of his perfomances since the play off season have been dreadful. A mate of mine (Spurs fan) went to watch one of our games and described him as the worst proffesional footballer he had ever seen, granted he's probably not seen half the dross we have but it's still quite a statement and on that particular day it wasn't hard to see where he was coming from!

The sad situation is however we probably need him as cover in case anything happens to Nugent or Vardy (god forbid)

Waggy is still my favourite player and I would love him to start scoring again. As usual are fans have written him off as soon as possible. He is 22 his career could turn in a flash

It already has. He went from hero and very promising young talent worth millions to utter, utter shite in about 6 months. I'd love him to come back and give us some of those 09/10 performances but it's not going to happen unless he plays regularly, and he's not good enough to play regularly here. Manwell Pablo's right in saying we need to send him out on loan if we plan on him figuring for us ever again, and if we don't we need to get rid.

Playing the odd u21 game followed by 7 minutes at the end of a game we've already won is not going to help him regain confidence, ability, whatever it is that he lost to turn him into what he is now, a pretty average footballer.

• 3 weeks later...

See Danns and Gally played in the Under 21's tonight as well.

Definitely Waghorn's level, been scoring for fun for the Under 21's, can't hit a barn door for the senior team lol

But he has had chances and this shows that he can score goals. Why write him off after a few games when he's showing he's capable of both, a bit of luck with a goal or two in the first team and there's every chance he could do as well as he did during his loan spell.

But he has had chances and this shows that he can score goals. Why write him off after a few games when he's showing he's capable of both, a bit of luck with a goal or two in the first team and there's every chance he could do as well as he did during his loan spell.

He needs to take his Under 21 form, and do exactly the same for the first team, but so far he hasn't been able to do it.

He has been banging them in for the Under 21's, is it about 6 in 3 games for them?

He has had chances at goal Mark, but he hasn't taken them for the first team, like I said he should of scored three for them by now, and they were all fairly easy chances i'm afraid.

He needs to take his Under 21 form, and do exactly the same for the first team, but so far he hasn't been able to do it.

He has been banging them in for the Under 21's, is it about 6 in 3 games for them?

He has had chances at goal Mark, but he hasn't taken them for the first team, like I said he should of scored three for them by now, and they were all fairly easy chances i'm afraid.

Easy chances my arse! The only 1 he should have definitely scored was against Birmingham when he hit it over the bar, the rest were all tricky chances. Vardy has missed more sitters.

Easy chances my arse! The only 1 he should have definitely scored was against Birmingham when he hit it over the bar, the rest were all tricky chances. Vardy has missed more sitters.

Didn't you see the chances against Wolves and Burnley then?

Didn't you see the chances against Wolves and Burnley then?

The Wolves chance wasn't easy, the keeper positioned himself well and Waggy very nearly got it past him with his weaker foot. Whilst I can't remember it as well I didn't think the Burnley chance was that easy either, yes he fell over, but he didn't exactly have a tap in did he?

The Wolves chance wasn't easy, the keeper positioned himself well and Waggy very nearly got it past him with his weaker foot. Whilst I can't remember it as well I didn't think the Burnley chance was that easy either, yes he fell over, but he didn't exactly have a tap in did he?

Wolves one all he needed to do was place it across the goalkeeper or chip it over him.

Burnley one was easy, he was one on one Mark, and he fell over the ball, all he needed to do was take a few touches and smash it low across the keeper and it would of been in.

Wolves one all he needed to do was place it across the goalkeeper or chip it over him.

Burnley one was easy, he was one on one Mark, and he fell over the ball, all he needed to do was take a few touches and smash it low across the keeper and it would of been in.

I can't really remember Burnley that well, was at the other end of the ground so I'll have to trust you on that one.

With the Wolves one it would have been incredibly difficult to chip it over the keeper and get it back down, he'd probably have had a slightly better chance going for the other corner, but the keeper could still have quite easily stopped it with his foot, and as he did hit the post and had been on the pitch for only a few minutes I think you're being a bit harsh.

The wolves chance he was at a tight angle in which the keeper came out well, it was barely an easy chance not compared to some of the 1on1s that Vardy has butchered. The Burnley chance wasn't easy either especially not if you compare it to Nugent's miss on the weekend from Vardy's cutback which was much easier.

The wolves chance he was at a tight angle in which the keeper came out well, it was barely an easy chance not compared to some of the 1on1s that Vardy has butchered. The Burnley chance wasn't easy either especially not if you compare it to Nugent's miss on the weekend from Vardy's cutback which was much easier.

Don't agree I'm afraid.

I really like your display pic though, so I respect your opinions.

The Wolves chance you expect players at this level to take. He had the time to pick his spot but still only managed to hit the post. A terrible miss.

The Wolves chance you expect players at this level to take. He had the time to pick his spot but still only managed to hit the post. A terrible miss.

WHAT! Most outrageous comment on here in months. A terrible miss would have been hitting the corner flag, or row Z. It hit the inside of the ****ing post, how much closer could he have possibly got without scoring?!

WHAT! Most outrageous comment on here in months. A terrible miss would have been hitting the corner flag, or row Z. It hit the inside of the ****ing post, how much closer could he have possibly got without scoring?!

If you do not get it on target then it is a miss. What difficulty do you have in understanding this? How far out was he? 8 yards at a push with very little pressure from the defence. Terrible.

I agree...

The forum does love a scapegoat and currently I think it's Waghorn.

Their are people who still bang on about Beckford but I'm sure I saw him miss plenty of good chances last season?

Like him or loathe him, I'm in the school of thought who believes Waggy adds something to the team, primarily in terms of hold up play.

I thought Vardy, for instance, was pretty awful on Saturday.. Yet few have discussed this. If that was a Waghorn performance he would have been completely slated.

Archived