Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

The other day as you know i went to the britannia stadium, and all the villa fans stood for the whole match, didn't mind that for a one off but my back was killing after a while, but every time a goal went in it was chaos, even when there are seats people were pushing forward, i mean nearly everybody leaned forward when goals went in and most of us found ourselves with a heads going into the seat in front. Now my point is even with seats there, there was still danger because people could still get hurt. I mean the seats are suppose to be a barrier but in the stoke away case, you wouldn't believe there was any sort of barrier.

Another thing is, when kids can't see they are forced to stand on there seat, which can be very dangerous as they get knocked forward or the seat could snap. For me as i've said in the past, safe standing is simply too dangerous in this day and age.

All you've done here and in your post below is give examples of dangerous situations of standing in a seated area. The rail seating is entirely dsifferent. Do your homework before commenting on it. As for Flowwolf, we all know he's on the wind up so I shan't bother with him again

I think the amount who are so ignorant on the subject really is amazing.

Got a bit of info for you lot anyway. Heard from a very good source that Leicester City actually back safe standing, but are waiting for it to be legal for them to publicly announce it. In other words they'll support it if the legislation changes but won't be taking steps to change that legislation. If the fans made our voices heard on it, we're onto something.

I'm afraid you're most likely wrong about that.

Susan Whelan said at the FCC meeting that they'd have no benefit whatsoever to publicly backing safe standing. Although she's been along to see what safe standing would looks like, she certainly didn't seem to appear to 'back' it. Probably the opposite really.

I think two things would sway the club into backing it or looking into it further.

1. A very large contingent of our fans push for it. (Seems unlikely at the moment).

2. It would increase revenue for the club if safe standing was introduced. (They are convinced that it wouldn't do this due to the extra space you would need in that area to accommodate H&S regulations).

All you've done here and in your post below is give examples of dangerous situations of standing in a seated area. The rail seating is entirely dsifferent. Do your homework before commenting on it. As for Flowwolf, we all know he's on the wind up so I shan't bother with him again

Not on a wind up at all. I just think you are all kidding yourselves if you think anyone in authority is ever going to allow standing at football matches. Just look at that picture , I presume they are able to fold down into being a seat if you don't want to stand? if that is the case what happens if you want to sit down but the people in front of you decide they are going to stand up ?

And if you say there will be standing only areas what's the point of having fold down seats in the first place ? And just exactly who is going to pay to have all those seats already in place ripped up and replaced with those pathetic fold down shite , the club ? no it's just not going to happen.

Edited by flowwolf

Not on a wind up at all. I just think you are all kidding yourselves if you think anyone in authority is ever going to allow standing at football matches. Just look at that picture , I presume they are able to fold down into being a seat if you don't want to stand? if that is the case what happens if you want to sit down but the people in front of you decide they are going to stand up ?

And if you say there will be standing only areas what's the point of having fold down seats in the first place ? And just exactly who is going to pay to have all those seats already in place ripped up and replaced with those pathetic fold down shite , the club ? no it'ds just not going to happen.

This whole post just shows how ignorant you are, you clearly haven't bothered to read up on SAFE standing at all. please fvck off.

You're embarrassing yourself if you aren't trolling.

Give up.

In your humble opinion of course. You don't even have the intelligence to argue without resorting to calling someone embarrassing , now that really is embarrassing. :rolleyes:

Edited by flowwolf

This whole post just shows how ignorant you are, you clearly haven't bothered to read up on SAFE standing at all. please fvck off.

No you fvck off :blink: . Why read up on something that is not even going to get off the ground ? It is not an official report and is not taken seriously by anyone who matters , it's just wishful thinking by a small minority who seem to think standing will bring back the atmosphere of the old days . Well it won't.

And if you say there will be standing only areas what's the point of having fold down seats in the first place ? And just exactly who is going to pay to have all those seats already in place ripped up and replaced with those pathetic fold down shite , the club ? no it's just not going to happen.

:facepalm: Edited by theessexfox

In your humble opinion of course. You don't even have the intelligence to argue without resorting to calling someone embarrassing , now that really is embarrassing. :rolleyes:

lol

Having my intelligence questioned by somebody like you is quite simply the best compliment I've ever received on here.

I've forgotten more than you know about safe standing, so I wouldn't bite off more than you can chew sweetheart.

lol

Having my intelligence questioned by somebody like you is quite simply the best compliment I've ever received on here.

I've forgotten more than you know about safe standing, so I wouldn't bite off more than you can chew sweetheart.

Don't come over all gay with me it won't work.

But they're not fold down seats, you pathetic, dumb, trolling twat.

I'm sorry have we been introduced . :rolleyes: Still if you come from or live in Essex i can see your problems, So I forgive your appalling manners..

Edited by flowwolf

Ah right your own intelligence is bound to come into question when you keep resorting to silly insults , now that is irony personified. :D

A. I really didn't get a word of that.

B. Kindly refrain from posting rubbish on a thread regarding a topic you know nothing about, you would be ruining your reputation had it not already been ruined...

I don't claim to know about it at all . I'm just saying it's not going to happen no matter what some two bit professor professes.

So he's a two bit professor because he isn't saying what your narrow little mind would like to hear?

Not knowing about it is one thing, most people don't in this country thanks to the Premier League feeding the media bullshit about what is actually being proposed, but wilful ignorance like yours is just ridiculous. Especially when you sit at home slating something, with mocking vitriol, you admit you have no understanding of.

Standing area seats are locked into the folded position during league matches in the Bundesliga, people who want to sit go in the same regular plastic seats we know and loathe.

So he's a two bit professor because he isn't saying what your narrow little mind would like to hear?

Not knowing about it is one thing, most people don't in this country thanks to the Premier League feeding the media bullshit about what is actually being proposed, but wilful ignorance like yours is just ridiculous. Especially when you sit at home slating something, with mocking vitriol, you admit you have no understanding of.

He looks rather feminine don't you think . :D

Oh yeah like the club ever listens to the fans. :D

To be fair, this new FCC thing shows that they may actually be willing to listen.

EDIT; Just read the last page. Embarrassing stuff. Very disappointing if you're not on the wind-up as you've come across as someone who seems to be disillusioned with football of today, a lot like myself.

Edited by Dan LCFC

lol

Why do you offer such a strong opinion on something you obviously know very little about? You've had enough time to do research, this thread's been going for ages and it's been a popular issue in football for even longer. I didn't understand the concept at first but I asked questions and got answers before I gave an opinion.

If you're not on a wind up you really should be embarrassed.