Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

Right so you are certain about a lot of things ? Are you involved with the health and safety at the F.A or the police or in any official capacity at all ? Thought not. :facepalm:

You would be quite wrong there Flowy old boy as yes I am involved in Health and Safety with the police.

It only takes a small minority of thickos to start a stampeed. There has never been a " safe " standing area and never will be. Just let it drop it is never going to happen.

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

Stampedes are IMPOSSIBLE due to the barriers.

There ARE Safe Standing areas in Germany. The reason there are none in the UK is because they're banned.

And never going to happen? Yes it looks a long shot I admit but if we keep putting pressure (23 clubs so far) on people they might listen eventually.

Stampedes are IMPOSSIBLE due to the barriers.

There ARE Safe Standing areas in Germany. The reason there are none in the UK is because they're banned.

And never going to happen? Yes it looks a long shot I admit but if we keep putting pressure (23 clubs so far) on people they might listen eventually.

Probably safe because there are no idiots.

Yeah I enjoy standing sometimes (Hillsborough for example it was good earlier in the season), but I also went to Posh and when we scored, some people decided to surge forward. There's your problem (imo), especially if they have had a bit to drink. There were people at the front (children and women) that had to climb under the barriers to get away from it.

On the other hand thinking about in some ways maybe safe standing could help as for example some fans like to sit, and if there is the option to stand or sit then okay fair enough, however daft as it might sound i don't think anybody under the age of 16 should be allowed in the standing area. My sound unfair but we don't kids getting hurt. I don't know what you think about that?

It's pointlessly discriminatory.

You can't have the option available then ban some. People should have a choice, they should know the risks beforehand and then make a decision.

Instead of stopping responsible children from being in a part of the ground, why not make older, supposedly maturer fans who may cause the problem responsible for their actions?

I've got a question how much would it cost clubs to redevelop there stadiums to safe standing?

Also just saying they did it do at Leicester i think they should do it to just one part of the stadium, which is the east stand, the rest would stay as it is.

Would rather them do the Kop tbh

Yeah I enjoy standing sometimes (Hillsborough for example it was good earlier in the season), but I also went to Posh and when we scored, some people decided to surge forward. There's your problem (imo), especially if they have had a bit to drink. There were people at the front (children and women) that had to climb under the barriers to get away from it.

Are you still choosing to ignore the numerous posts and articles that show you what safe standing is, and how this kind of thing is stopped? :dunno:

You and others seem unable to grasp the concept of safe standing and the differences to terraces like at peterborough.

p.s. gemnay have a bigger hooligan problem than we do, we have the best behaved fans around, it would be nice to be rewarded for it.

Edited by purpleronnie

There are no idiots in Germany? Really?

And FFS, I expect better from you, why are you comparing it to Hillsborough (seats) and London Road (old style terrace)?

How do these work anyway? I get when you stand up the barriers in front prevent you from surging forward but when you sit down surely that bar's going to get in the way?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't, that would be a major design flaw.

Nobody would be sitting down in them unless we got into Europe anyway.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't, that would be a major design flaw.

Nobody would be sitting down in them unless we got into Europe anyway.

I dont think when the seats are put down that many would sit anyway, those who wish to sit would choose another area of the ground.

As someone who stood at Dortmund (on a terrace which isn't half as safe as what is being suggested here), over the weekend gone I feel I'm in a position to say that the points you are making are fu cking retarded.

Actually learn about what it is you're discussing for Christ sake.

It worries me how many people are just pig ignorant on this subject.

How many times have pictures been posted on here, but you still get people thinking it's like old style terracing!

If the majority of fans think like this we've got no chance!

Are you still choosing to ignore the numerous posts and articles that show you what safe standing is, and how this kind of thing is stopped? :dunno:

You and others seem unable to grasp the concept of safe standing and the differences to terraces like at peterborough.

And FFS, I expect better from you, why are you comparing it to Hillsborough (seats) and London Road (old style terrace)?

As someone who stood at Dortmund (on a terrace which isn't half as safe as what is being suggested here), over the weekend gone I feel I'm in a position to say that the points you are making are fu cking retarded.

Actually learn about what it is you're discussing for Christ sake.

I'm not joining in the argument at all. But there's nothing that can be done in this situation; some clubs vote(d) yes, others haven't. I threw in something else for your 'arguments'. I'm leaving the thread again (good move).

I'm not joining in the argument at all. But there's nothing that can be done in this situation; some clubs vote(d) yes, others haven't. I threw in something else for your 'arguments'. I'm leaving the thread again (good move).

TBF you made a stupid point about idiots and stampedes.

The whole focus for the concept of safe standing is that stampedes can't occur.

This whole thread is littered with people explaining how this system works only to then have someone two posts later make a completely stupid statement about it.

Frustrating :frusty:

Only 23 supporting?.......still

I'm an eternal pessamist when it comes to this subject but even I thought there'd be a higher number of clubs supporting it by now.

If you take into consideration those who have publically come out in support and those already with standing areas its over half of the 72 league clubs.

Plus it starts with the fans, its up to them to try and get their club to either support it or invite the safe standing roadshow.

I'm sure many other clubs would support it if the fans took some initiative.

Right well, ahem, you know there are barriers to stop that?

I did actually say that in my post too. Surging, stampedes whatever you want to call it cannot happen.

I really don't want to have to explain that again. Sorry if I'm sounding a little harsh but it's rather tiring to hear someone say "but what about surging forward and people getting crushed" because as it's been said many times on this thread, that event is literally impossible.

Edited by Harry - LCFC
  • Like 1

Would rather them do the Kop tbh

Don't think it would happen in there, alot people in the kop i know would prefer to sit. The east stand is already our standing area anyway and what is the point in having this discussion when we already have a couple thousand standing at every home game. So you could say we already have safe standing.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Don't think it would happen in there, alot people in the kop i know would prefer to sit. The east stand is already our standing area anyway and what is the point in having this discussion when we already have a couple thousand standing at every home game. So you could say we already have safe standing.

But we don't. Because it's not safe. And it's not safe standing. Have you read any of this thread?

About 3 quarters of the East Stand sit down.

There would be less seats converted into safe standing if it was the Kop.

And no we don't have safe standing (safe standing being the name of the kind of standing area being suggested in this thread).

It is likely only around 15% of the ground would do converting the 4800 seating spaces into at least 5500 standing places which would probably be sufficient.

Why do you say that?

I think that'd be about right though. Most people want to sit so I wouldn't strip out too many seats. Although I imagine standing would become more fashionable over time as more people realise it's safe and that it can be a good experience.

Also, I thought it was 1.8 standing spaces per seat. Not sure where I heard that from though.