Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

Well they have the powers to throw fans out and report them to the police, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Reading your comment makes me think you haven't really done any research into rail seats. If fans were able to crowd all at the front instead of in their proper area in safe-standing areas there's nothing to stop them doing it in seated areas as well. You seem to be suggesting that there is a huge difference in their structure when there really isn't. Safe-standing areas are far more like seated areas than terraces.

You should also bare in mind that most people are reasonable enough to know when there's no room on a row. Are you suggesting we shouldn't have safe-standing because there are a small minority of thickos around?

It only takes a small minority of thickos to start a stampeed. There has never been a " safe " standing area and never will be. Just let it drop it is never going to happen.

It only takes a small minority of thickos to start a stampeed. There has never been a " safe " standing area and never will be. Just let it drop it is never going to happen.

In that case there's never been a safe anything. Thickos are everywhere, and there are crowds in plenty of places.

How would they stampede in a modern standing area? Explain literally how it would happen.

• Like 3

The other day as you know i went to the britannia stadium, and all the villa fans stood for the whole match, didn't mind that for a one off but my back was killing after a while, but every time a goal went in it was chaos, even when there are seats people were pushing forward, i mean nearly everybody leaned forward when goals went in and most of us found ourselves with a heads going into the seat in front. Now my point is even with seats there, there was still danger because people could still get hurt. I mean the seats are suppose to be a barrier but in the stoke away case, you wouldn't believe there was any sort of barrier.

Another thing is, when kids can't see they are forced to stand on there seat, which can be very dangerous as they get knocked forward or the seat could snap. For me as i've said in the past, safe standing is simply too dangerous in this day and age.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Clearly those suggesting the new safe standing could cause a stampede or people to all over have not seen it or dont understand it, it really is safe and will be introduced at a ground soon.

I am certain it will happen and I am also certain it will be the safest area in any football ground in the country seated or terraced.

Just another thing to add, very recently we had Peterborough away where it was clear some fans were in distress, luckily no one was hurt but another time people can get hurt. 96 died in 1989 and there was incidents before then, but how many deaths had we had in football since all seater stadiums came in?

Just another thing to add, very recently we had Peterborough away where it was clear some fans were in distress, luckily no one was hurt but another time people can get hurt. 96 died in 1989 and there was incidents before then, but how many deaths had we had in football since all seater stadiums came in?

The same amount as in all the new standing terraces that have been built and introduced since that tragic day. It's not the stand that causes problems it's overcrowding and bad management as you well know.

On the other hand thinking about in some ways maybe safe standing could help as for example some fans like to sit, and if there is the option to stand or sit then okay fair enough, however daft as it might sound i don't think anybody under the age of 16 should be allowed in the standing area. My sound unfair but we don't kids getting hurt. I don't know what you think about that?

The other day as you know i went to the britannia stadium, and all the villa fans stood for the whole match, didn't mind that for a one off but my back was killing after a while, but every time a goal went in it was chaos, even when there are seats people were pushing forward, i mean nearly everybody leaned forward when goals went in and most of us found ourselves with a heads going into the seat in front. Now my point is even with seats there, there was still danger because people could still get hurt. I mean the seats are suppose to be a barrier but in the stoke away case, you wouldn't believe there was any sort of barrier.

Another thing is, when kids can't see they are forced to stand on there seat, which can be very dangerous as they get knocked forward or the seat could snap. For me as i've said in the past, safe standing is simply too dangerous in this day and age.

But that's not safe standing; that's just standing at a game. Do you even know what safe standing is? The whole point is that it IS more dangerous now and if the safe standing rail seats came in, things would be a lot, lot safer.

• Like 1

lol

First point...do some reading up on what safe standing actually is before passing comment.

Secondly...FFS grow some balls!

• Like 1

These are what people are proposing:

400px-Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_rail_seats.jpg

Have a read here and then come back and tell us if you still think it would be too dangerous:

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/

There would be absolutely no chance of anything like Hillsborough happening again if this method was employed.

• Like 2

The ignorance from some about what safe standing is amazes me.

Standing in a seated area is NOT safe standing.

The terrace at Peterborough is NOT safe standing.

The terrace at Hillsborough was NOT safe standing.

Indie Rich has posted what a safe standing area looks like. No chance of any Heysels, Burnden Parks, Hillsborough or any other disaster. Proven as safe, popular and supportive of atmosphere.

It's a no brainer. Look it up rather than taking the flowwolf approach of dismissing something you've made no effort to understand.

• Like 4

I think the amount who are so ignorant on the subject really is amazing.

Got a bit of info for you lot anyway. Heard from a very good source that Leicester City actually back safe standing, but are waiting for it to be legal for them to publicly announce it. In other words they'll support it if the legislation changes but won't be taking steps to change that legislation. If the fans made our voices heard on it, we're onto something.

Edited by Dan LCFC

A seat barrier comes up to your shins a safe standing area comes past your waist you don't even know what your going on about.

Clearly those suggesting the new safe standing could cause a stampede or people to all over have not seen it or dont understand it, it really is safe and will be introduced at a ground soon.

I am certain it will happen and I am also certain it will be the safest area in any football ground in the country seated or terraced.

Right so you are certain about a lot of things ? Are you involved with the health and safety at the F.A or the police or in any official capacity at all ? Thought not. :facepalm:

Edited by flowwolf

I think the amount who are so ignorant on the subject really is amazing.

Got a bit of info for you lot anyway. Heard from a very good source that Leicester City actually back safe standing, but are waiting for it to be legal for them to publicly announce it. In other words they'll support it if the legislation changes but won't be taking steps to change that legislation. If the fans made our voices heard on it, we're onto something.

Oh yeah like the club ever listens to the fans. :D

Do your homework mate there is no such thing as safe standing it's just a theory and has never been put into practice in any ground in Britain. And guess what ? it never will.

You're embarrassing yourself if you aren't trolling.

Give up.

Do your homework mate there is no such thing as safe standing it's just a theory and has never been put into practice in any ground in Britain. And guess what ? it never will.

It's a theory with a lot of evidence for it that hasn't been disproven. And in fact, has been pretty much proven beyond reasonable doubt in other countries.

So if we're 'doing our homework' and being technical about this, you can't say there is no such thing as safe standing.

Obviously you'd love to prove that there isn't, so surely you'd be happy with a test run since you're so confident? After all, it would only be the huge percentage of people in favour of it who would be in a position to suffer from it's failure.

The more I think about it, the more I find 'there is no such thing as safe standing' hilarious. Just think about the words more literally. hahahaha.....ha...