Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Red Star Belgrade

And you certainly have with Blair and Clinton in 1999... NUMBER ONE WAR CRIMINALS

Funny how everybody is an expert on Serbs now because of what they've read in the Sun and watched on the BBC. WANKERS

For all their faults, neither Blair nor Clinton boasted about ethnic cleansing, or presided over the mass slaughter of unarmed, defenceless civilians in fields.

That behaviour was reminiscent of the third reich. There was no way Nato could or should have appeased it.

But not even Father Ted (apologist supreme) has been able to provide evidence that this actually happened, certainly not to the extent alleged by the Serbian FA.

Deflection and denial are fairly common Serb tactics, from the wars of independence in the 1990s right through to this week's Karadzic trial in the Hague.

Having had to take refuge in a shop in Vienna while Red Star's firm rampaged through the streets outside, and then witnessing their antics in the ground (for which BOTH sides ended up being fined by UEFA), I reckon the spokesman has a real nerve to have a pop at us!

Am I trying to prove that it happened? I support Leicester and I support Red Star... how can I win?

'Deflection and denial' - how about exaggeration, inflation and ignorance by British, American, French media?

I'm fully aware of what happened at the European games and I'm not proud of what happened from either side but coming from a family of Red Star and Leicester fans I just ignore it.

The Dam busters theme was sung at both games

Hadn't realised that we got fined as well, for what?

Some lads tried to tear down a fence after Red Star fired a couple of firework rockets into a stand where the City fans were. The rockets were aimed over, rather than at, us but they still weren't very pleasant.

Just traced the Mercury report.

Leicester City fans were today praised for keeping cool as trouble marred last night's Uefa Cup match with Red Star Belgrade.

Six City fans were injured in clashes with rival supporters in Vienna's main square yesterday and flares were thrown at Leicester supporters during the game.

Uefa officials are to investigate the trouble at last night's game which Leicester lost 3-1. Both clubs could face disciplinary action. Uefa said it could not comment further until its observer Cees de Bruin had filed his report, which is expected in the next 24 hours.

City chairman John Elsom was expected to make a statement about the trouble this afternoon.

Stuart Adam, British vice consul in the Austrian capital, praised City fans for their good behaviour and restraint. He said: "The atmosphere in the ground was the scariest I have been involved in 25 years of football. The Leicester fans were a credit to their team and their country. All the trouble came from Red Star."

A senior English policeman inside the ground said it was the most hostile atmosphere he had ever witnessed at a soccer match. Flares were thrown at Leicester supporters during the game and one narrowly missed goalkeeper Tim Flowers.

Briton Steven Abel said: ‘‘It's a scandal they can get away with throwing flares at fans. I had a plastic bottle confiscated but they're allowed to take flares and all sorts into the game.''

Bruce Plummer, a Briton living in Vienna, said: ‘‘People will blame the English because they've got a reputation. Some Leicester fans weren't bothered with watching the game, but the Belgrade fans were just as bad.''

A section of Foxes fans faced a barrage of bottles and stones from the Yugoslavs as they left the coaches which had carried them to the stadium. Racist chants were aimed at City stars Ade Akinbiyi and defender Andrew Impey during the match.

Fox fanzine editor Gary Silke, who was at the match, said: "Flares were being chucked into our section which had women and kids inside. It was very nasty."

Leicester manager Peter Taylor said: "I heard the racist chants and it is disappointing because football is just a game.

"I imagine Ade and Andrew would have heard them too but they got on with things because they are professionals.''

At one point during the game, the two sets of fans squared up to each other across the wire fencing. City chairman John Elsom appealed over the public address system for the club's fans not to cause problems and to return to their seats.

Violence also broke out in the Austrian capital beforehand with chairs, tables and bottles being hurled by the rival groups of sup porters in the city's main square.

Major Fritz Scharwz, the officer in charge of policing the match, said six City fans sustained minor injuries from flying bottles.

He blamed Red Star Belgrade supporters for most of the trouble but said around 10 Leicester supporters also behaved badly in Vienna during the day. One Red Star Belgrade fan was arrested.

Tensions were running high before the match with the Yugoslavs unhappy the game had been switched to a neutral venue for security purposes. Red Star coach Slavo Muslin had stoked up the atmosphere further by insisting he would never shake hands with his Foxes counterpart Peter Taylor. The pair had been involved in an angry verbal exchange during and after the first leg which ended in a 1-1 draw at Filbert Street a fortnight ago. In a post-match interview, the City boss said he would try to end his feud with his opposite number.

For all their faults, neither Blair nor Clinton boasted about ethnic cleansing, or presided over the mass slaughter of unarmed, defenceless civilians in fields.

That behaviour was reminiscent of the third reich. There was no way Nato could or should have appeased it.

Blair just had a major part in a war murdering 2million unarmed Muslims, no biggie though, wasn't like he bragged about it.

Nice fella.

Tony-Blair-Embarks-On-Tou-007.jpg

No, they just did it on the sly, killing millions of innocent people along with NATO.

But in deserts it's fine.

Pretty sad that they're citing a not-altogether-reliable example from more than 10 years ago as their excuse for what happened this week.

If our terrible fans baited them with 'bombing noises' why didn't they complain to UEFA at the time? I can only think they thought it was acceptable banter which is how they SEEM to view racist chanting - so either they think racism is acceptable or they should shut the **** up with their pathetic excuses.

Did their fans smash up a few shop windows on Gallowtree Gate or is that a myth? I remember thinking 'this lot are fooking nuts' as I walked past a few hundred Red Star fans by the infirmary on the way to the old Filbo - they were lobbing bottles at City and all sorts.

Did their fans smash up a few shop windows on Gallowtree Gate or is that a myth? I remember thinking 'this lot are fooking nuts' as I walked past a few hundred Red Star fans by the infirmary on the way to the old Filbo - they were lobbing bottles at City and all sorts.

Having worked many city games in the 80's I've seen groups of English fans that were much worse than Red Star. I wouldn't put them in the top ten even when taking into account the time period from when the policing operation begins and ends.

Having worked many city games in the 80's I've seen groups of English fans that were much worse than Red Star. I wouldn't put them in the top ten even when taking into account the time period from when the policing operation begins and ends.

Fair do's. I've only been going regularly since the early 90's and don't really have much of a recollection of the handful games I went to in the 80's as a little lad.

Am I trying to prove that it happened? I support Leicester and I support Red Star... how can I win?

'Deflection and denial' - how about exaggeration, inflation and ignorance by British, American, French media?

I'm fully aware of what happened at the European games and I'm not proud of what happened from either side but coming from a family of Red Star and Leicester fans I just ignore it.

dont suppose you know any shops in Leicester that sell Jelen?

dont suppose you know any shops in Leicester that sell Jelen?

Hmmm.. not that I know of, but perhaps one of the European 'continental' shops might do, maybe one of the Polish shops around Narborough Road as they do a lot of European food/drink in general.

Hmmm.. not that I know of, but perhaps one of the European 'continental' shops might do, maybe one of the Polish shops around Narborough Road as they do a lot of European food/drink in general.

Will have a look, popped in a few earlier but didn't get any luck. Went Belgrade last month, brilliant city. Seen Partizan play I'm afriad though mate. Love to get some Jelen for this party next weekend.

Archived