Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Red Star Belgrade

Ridiculous claim, for all the above reasons, was also there at Filbo, and I don't remember any bombing noises, and I doubt many of our fans would have made the link between Serbia and the war, and bombing noises. If we were going to make bombing noises at anyone it would be Coventry, but we don't.

As stated it is no justification for anything, unless they are claiming it was only black Leicester fans making bombing noises, but even then 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Incredible to think there are worse FAs than our own...

Agree ... I was there too and don't remember any bombing noises or even controversy apart from "how the hell did they get flares in - when we can't get a flag stick in!!!"

I used to have a key ring with a grenade sound on. I never thought it sounded anything like a real grenade would. Maybe they meant some of our fans had those? :ph34r:

In all seriousness, they are clutching straws if they think that would excuse racist chanting. Even if this did happen, which I have my serious doubts about.

This is what I used to have on my key ring, anyone else remember these?

There aren't many countries English fans can take moral high ground against.

But Serbia is definitely one of them.

And you certainly have with Blair and Clinton in 1999... NUMBER ONE WAR CRIMINALS

Funny how everybody is an expert on Serbs now because of what they've read in the Sun and watched on the BBC. WANKERS

Got stuffed by the draw both times in our last European ties, A Madrid was a farce and were we not seeded in the 2000 draw and ended up being drawn against RSB? Still pleased to have seen us play in Europe though.

We were.

Now we'd probably get a Faroes/ Icelandic side and maybe start a decent run.

I'm sure I remember chants about the war at the home tie, I remember some kid in my class even running around singing a "Your Serbian Slums" song for ages after that he'd heard at Filbo.

Slightly mad using a near two decades old chant about war to defend monkey noises in 2012, mind. Hugely clutching at straws.

Most people here seem to be skating past the fact that taunting fans from a wartorn country with bomb noises or otherwise is massively offensive.

I'm not saying it excuses the Serb fans or their FA, but you lot are hardly showing yourselves to be any more enlightened.

I remember a few "nato" chants outside the ground and on the train going towards the ground in Vienna as it got a bit tasty but don't remember "bombing noises".

Thought we were quite well behaved in the home leg as well, though I'm sure it would been different had it been us at home last after the way those lot behaved attacking everyone who moved in the 2nd leg, knew it was going to be rough when we turned up and one was walking around the street with an axe.

I think it was a case of lads who like a bit of banter versus lads who had maybe fought in combat, raped and massacred civilians and seen their hometowns hit with cluster bombs and depleted uranium.

I imagine that kind of thing makes you a little less averse to violence at football.

The baby squad helped a few Leicester fans out on the last train back to the city centre.

Thankfully we'd net some Austrians in the bar prior to the game and they took us to a bar owned by a friend after the game, we then got taxis back to the University area where we were staying.

Prior to the game it was pretty frightening being in a bar where the owner closed the shutters every time Serb fans came past looking for more Leicester fans to attack.

you can't beat it..

And totally PC.... very naughty...but I dare you not to laugh...

I was in turkey on holiday this year and all the German kids were doing the dambusters theme in the music man song, Thought it was a bit surreal, but i suppose they are just not taught about the war.

Most people here seem to be skating past the fact that taunting fans from a wartorn country with bomb noises or otherwise is massively offensive.

I'm not saying it excuses the Serb fans or their FA, but you lot are hardly showing yourselves to be any more enlightened.

But not even Father Ted (apologist supreme) has been able to provide evidence that this actually happened, certainly not to the extent alleged by the Serbian FA.

Deflection and denial are fairly common Serb tactics, from the wars of independence in the 1990s right through to this week's Karadzic trial in the Hague.

Having had to take refuge in a shop in Vienna while Red Star's firm rampaged through the streets outside, and then witnessing their antics in the ground (for which BOTH sides ended up being fined by UEFA), I reckon the spokesman has a real nerve to have a pop at us!

I do seem to remember a few plane motions at Filbert Street and 'what's it like to lose the war' being bandied around by some, but using it to justify over a decade of monkey chanting at black players of ALL nationalities for the past 12 years?

Come off it Srbija.

We've been more crass with Chelsea and the Matthew Harding song, but they managed not to 'oo oo' like racist pissbags every time Big Wes got the ball last season.

Archived