Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Massive away following

Its the lads from halfway to back that would do it though abd if you stood towards the bottom before full time theyll have rucks of stewards there. But im like you It'd take a lot to stop me

I think a nice rendition of 'on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch...' would do the trick :)

A bit of crowdsurfing, conga down the steps in stoppage time, Bob's your uncle!

L block and N block where I sit will be harder to get on the pitch. Simply because they will be doing all they can to stop us from getting at the away fans. But if lots do it will be easy. Just need people with balls to do it first :P Also as sitting in the family stand I'm scared no one will go on around me. Being families and that lol

From what I understand, Palace are having their annual "Big day out" in Leicester on Saturday. Once a year they pick one team to visit, this year it is our turn.

I was thinking. Why not have a big day out of our own. Three games spring to mind. How about Burnley away( we don't usually take huge numbers there), Blackpool away or maybe even Palace themselves.

Any thoughts ?

We'll sell out for Blackpool away this season anyway

I'm actually very much looking forward to this support of theirs, I want to see the fuss.

Palace and Huddersfield are probably the two clubs I've got most respect for in this league. Look after their fans and both have half-decent support to boot.

As for us doing it - not really got my backing. I actually think we seem to unofficially have these kind of things more often than you'd think. We don't actually need one.

Palace have picked this because it's not that hard for them to get to, it's a Saturday 3pm and as it happens, it's a top end battle, it increases their chances of selling out. Leicester in the reverse fixture, given the way both teams are, would've probably sold 3,000 without any influence like this at all, it's just a difference in support.

November should be a great month for aways though. Ignoring Leeds (hope loads do again) we've got 3 potential crackers, got a feeling we'll have a good 2k at Bolton, Watford will be sold out and I'm not being funny, if we're top we should easily take 4k to Sheff Weds. As easy to get to as Birmingham.

last season Leicester took 1200 to Palace and we took 1100 to you so despite you being such a massive club not a lot of difference

it will be interesting to see you bring 3000 this season, i guess the top of the league factor will help

there will be around 2k Palace there tomorrow which is not bad as it's all ticket , that will reduce the numbers which is a shame as othewise i ould think it would have been nearer 2500

perhaps you should try it for the Palace game to boost your numbers and get more than the 1200 of last season

last season Leicester took 1200 to Palace and we took 1100 to you so despite you being such a massive club not a lot of difference

it will be interesting to see you bring 3000 this season, i guess the top of the league factor will help

there will be around 2k Palace there tomorrow which is not bad as it's all ticket , that will reduce the numbers which is a shame as othewise i ould think it would have been nearer 2500

perhaps you should try it for the Palace game to boost your numbers and get more than the 1200 of last season

I think Palace being such a horrible place to get to this reduces our numbers and the fact being in the Midlands we have so many easier options for away crowds. I am not on here to slag Crystal Palace off as I think they are a decent supported club similar to LCFC.

I've never understood the fascination with running onto the pitch, it is after all just a rectangular field. I think it's become the 'thing' to do for some.

Agree with this. Seems to be the youngsters that want to do it. Can not understand what someone would get out of it personally.

I think Palace being such a horrible place to get to this reduces our numbers and the fact being in the Midlands we have so many easier options for away crowds. I am not on here to slag Crystal Palace off as I think they are a decent supported club similar to LCFC.

we have 3 train stations all within easy walking distance ( probably closer than Leicester station to your ground) and the m25 is about half an hour away so i don't think its that bad

part of the idea of POTD is to boost numbers so we don't pick the games too near which already have a good support

if you were to follow that then there would be no point in a midlands game as you would already take lots so picking a game where you don't take so many might be best

Agree with this. Seems to be the youngsters that want to do it. Can not understand what someone would get out of it personally.

Enjoyment. The enjoyment of running, of not being restricted, of being together with all the fans and players, of not just feeling like spectators but being the club.

It would just be fun to have thousands all together, not organised in stands, going mental, being free.

It's just celebrating, but better.

I was going to post a video of the Oxford game in 91 but couldnt find one. One of the most beautiful images I've ever seen.

Enjoyment. The enjoyment of running, of not being restricted, of being together with all the fans and players, of not just feeling like spectators but being the club.

It would just be fun to have thousands all together, not organised in stands, going mental, being free.

It's just celebrating, but better.

I was going to post a video of the Oxford game in 91 but couldnt find one. One of the most beautiful images I've ever seen.

We're not exactly held in cells you know. I can only assume you've never had the 'experience' of invading the pitch hence the romanticised notion you have of it.

If Palace's attempt at we love you is as bad as it was last November I don't think we've got much to worry about.

Can't knock their cheerleaders though ;)

True, I quite liked the HF and kept an eye on their videos before we started singing it, and to be honest, I could barely hear it. I had to really concentrate to work it out and the was from J3.

Just wanted to add here that this is a fans initiative, and this is only our third POTD.

The club have got behind the idea a little more this season (and last), but mostly in the form of an email to those on the subscription list. All press coverage, and most organisation, is thanks to the hard work of (literally) one or two dedicated fans.

You'll be pleased to know we have lost the two previous events, but we obviously hope to change that tomorrow ;)

With the bizarre off field events at Palace this past week, POTD couldn't come at a better time, as we use this to 'celebrate' our club.

Think of it what you will, but I hope all corners of the ground are buzzing tomorrow.

Just wanted to add here that this is a fans initiative, and this is only our third POTD.

The club have got behind the idea a little more this season (and last), but mostly in the form of an email to those on the subscription list. All press coverage, and most organisation, is thanks to the hard work of (literally) one or two dedicated fans.

You'll be pleased to know we have lost the two previous events, but we obviously hope to change that tomorrow ;)

With the bizarre off field events at Palace this past week, POTD couldn't come at a better time, as we use this to 'celebrate' our club.

Think of it what you will, but I hope all corners of the ground are buzzing tomorrow.

All the best. Hope you have an enjoyable day.

As stated earlier, it was a bank holiday, trains were few and far between and only a couple of days before 8000 of us went to Forest. The timing of the game makes all the difference. Another example would be Southampton away which was midweek, long distance and on tv which is why only 300 went and were still louder than the home fans

As stated earlier, it was a bank holiday, trains were few and far between and only a couple of days before 8000 of us went to Forest. The timing of the game makes all the difference. Another example would be Southampton away which was midweek, long distance and on tv which is why only 300 went and were still louder than the home fans

We didn't take 8,000 to Forest did we?

Far better post than the OP on the first page of the 'your massive away support' Iateseagulls thread.

Enjoy your day.

Archived