Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Massive away following

As i livein Blackpool thats my choice. Hopefully it will be an important fixture that will see us clinch promotion and we can all celebrate in style. The away stand is now ok (ie not scaffolding) and im sure we will get plenty of tickets. As its a Saturday game its a chance to have a weekend break, watch a game and get pissed

From what I understand, Palace are having their annual "Big day out" in Leicester on Saturday. Once a year they pick one team to visit, this year it is our turn.

I was thinking. Why not have a big day out of our own. Three games spring to mind. How about Burnley away( we don't usually take huge numbers there), Blackpool away or maybe even Palace themselves.

Any thoughts ?

To my way of thinking, Foxes fans always have a big day out wherever and whenever they go. Living in the North West, I don't get to as many games as I would wish but I don't miss out when the Foxes are in my neck of the woods.

So, we 'don't take many to Burnley!' Well, I freely admit it doesn't help when those plonkers who devise the fixture list arrange that the game must be played in the middle of the week - even worse when the kick-off is 8pm (see the forthcoming day - sorry - night at Bolton Tuesday November 6th.

Well last season, we narrowly won 3-0 and our 'sparse' crowd drowned out the Burnley fans. As for Blackpool, you'll see nearly as many Foxes fans interspersed with the B'pool fans. And we always seem to win there. I lost count of the number of coaches carrying Leicester fans.

This season at Blackburn, we didn't drown the noise from their fans - 'cos there wasn't any!!!! In fact, I was more and more of the opinion that they had put dummies in the stand to make it look as if they had a decent following!

Huddersfield! After the game, had to get off smartish to get my train back to Manchester. I could still hear the Foxes fans half way back to the station.

And so to Bolton! I will be going with a friend who is a totally dedicated Man Utd fan and has been for years. Anyway, i've persuaded him that it's time he watched a really class team to which he replied that he had never rated Bolton.

Anyway, I will be in B1 on Saturday, Cheers Stocky

Why are we calling a smaller club embarrassing for not selling as many away tickets as we'd do? Especially as there's a few days for them to get them yet?

As for Sheffield Wednesday away I've been only once but it was pretty shocking, almost everyone was sat down and that was on the back of 8 games unbeaten.

When I went there last we won the League cup ;)

Perhaps we could take some tips on how to sing"we love you" because when they do it it is not embarrassing ,well organised and fooking loud.Good to see and hear.

yes it is, guarantee 90% of our fans hav not heard the palace version (proper version) its basically louder, more organised and not sung at a rediculously fast tempo like ours! take tips on saturday L1

If ever we did it, Hillsborough would be perfect.

Not far from Leicester and very accessible from almost everywhere in the country, don't tend to take the piss with ticket prices and a potentially huge allocation if both tiers are allocated,

If ever we did it, Hillsborough would be perfect.

Not far from Leicester and very accessible from almost everywhere in the country, don't tend to take the piss with ticket prices and a potentially huge allocation if both tiers are allocated,

I can't see that happening for a while.

I`ve heard loads are going sheff weds, incidentally, got talking to 2 sheff weds fans at the Birmingham game, told me they know Jamie Vardy & when Weds not playing, they follow him, meeting up with em next month for a `good `ol piss up`

As i livein Blackpool thats my choice.

Already got about 20-odd lads wanting to kip at my flat that weekend. lol

At the end of the day good lads will pick and choose their fixtures based on towns that are good for a booze up and opposition that have decent fans and a ground with a bit of character. Cheap ticket prices help too, and if it's a Cup game you're usually on to a winner. It's hardly rocket science.

I'm actually very much looking forward to this support of theirs, I want to see the fuss.

Palace and Huddersfield are probably the two clubs I've got most respect for in this league. Look after their fans and both have half-decent support to boot.

As for us doing it - not really got my backing. I actually think we seem to unofficially have these kind of things more often than you'd think. We don't actually need one.

Palace have picked this because it's not that hard for them to get to, it's a Saturday 3pm and as it happens, it's a top end battle, it increases their chances of selling out. Leicester in the reverse fixture, given the way both teams are, would've probably sold 3,000 without any influence like this at all, it's just a difference in support.

November should be a great month for aways though. Ignoring Leeds (hope loads do again) we've got 3 potential crackers, got a feeling we'll have a good 2k at Bolton, Watford will be sold out and I'm not being funny, if we're top we should easily take 4k to Sheff Weds. As easy to get to as Birmingham.

Lifting the trophy or winning automatic promotion there would be ludicrous

In an ideal world we'll keep building on this fantastic start and get automatic promotion as early as possible

But if it went down to the wire and we became league champions at that fixture... bloody hellfire, that'd be our Man City moment and would probably never be topped!

Id like a pitch invasion. Never would happen at forest. I think Id have to sit elsewhere at filbert way too cos the l and k block fans would never get onto the pitch before stewards could suss out whats happening

Stewards would be powerless against thousands.

If we got promoted at home I'm on the pitch.

Archived