Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Massive away following

From what I understand, Palace are having their annual "Big day out" in Leicester on Saturday. Once a year they pick one team to visit, this year it is our turn.

I was thinking. Why not have a big day out of our own. Three games spring to mind. How about Burnley away( we don't usually take huge numbers there), Blackpool away or maybe even Palace themselves.

Any thoughts ?

From what I understand, Palace are having their annual "Big day out" in Leicester on Saturday. Once a year they pick one team to visit, this year it is our turn.

I was thinking. Why not have a big day out of our own. Three games spring to mind. How about Burnley away( we don't usually take huge numbers there), Blackpool away or maybe even Palace themselves.

Any thoughts ?

Let's not!

We take enough away without needing a designated day for away fans.

Erm, define massive? They've not even sold 2,000 tickets yet!!! Given that they've put so much publicity into it is absolutely pitiful. If they do not sell out the full 3,200 it's outrageous and a complete embarrassment!

Erm, define massive? They've not even sold 2,000 tickets yet!!! Given that they've put so much publicity into it is absolutely pitiful. If they do not sell out the full 3,200 it's outrageous and a complete embarrassment!

20acc39.jpg

a bit like posting the same thing 3 times! lol

We shouldn't (and probably won't) need any type of "fan day" initiative to take big numbers to Hillsborough.

Decent old ground, not far away and we'll, hopefully, still be on a good run of form near the top of the table. That should be enough to make people want to go.

Interesting choice of games. Burnley's a hole and miles away and so's Palace. Blackpool's just a mighty fine piss up!

If you were going to do a 'fans fixture' away day then a more accessible trip like Wednesday or Watford would make more sense to me.

Not huge on it though anyway, mainly because I can't see how it would work. You can see why discounted hone tickets make a difference but away days are always expensive

Fair play for doing it, they would only be taking 500-800 everywhere, at least they get one decent away day in big numbers.

Also perhaps they might gain more away supporters in the future.

Other clubs should look into doing this but not us our numbers are decent away from home.

Why are we calling a smaller club embarrassing for not selling as many away tickets as we'd do? Especially as there's a few days for them to get them yet?

As for Sheffield Wednesday away I've been only once but it was pretty shocking, almost everyone was sat down and that was on the back of 8 games unbeaten.

Archived