Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Nigel's Knee, a concern

58 members have voted

1. 1. Nigel's Knee, are you concerned?

• Hell yes, we need Nige to be fuelled by bile and contempt for his fellow man!
    • No way, I love the new peace and love Pearson
    • Is this serious?

Samson had his hair and Nige had his knee.

I'm concerned that having had his knee sorted Nige has become all cheerful and pleasant. I was horrified to see him laughing and joking with Mark Bright, he was civil with Stringer even in the face of banal questions and he was very complementary in defeat today.

This, in my opinion, could be our undoing. Someone needs to take Nige out at the knee and get our season back on track.

On a serious note, I'm not sure Nige did his homework yesterday, whereas Lennie Lawrence got his tactics spot on.

The game changed somewhat when we brought on young James. They suddenly stopped being able to control the midfield.

Maybe we should have flooded the middle of the park? IMO that's where the game was won and lost.

On a serious note, I'm not sure Nige did his homework yesterday, whereas Lennie Lawrence got his tactics spot on.

The game changed somewhat when we brought on young James. They suddenly stopped being able to control the midfield.

Maybe we should have flooded the middle of the park? IMO that's where the game was won and lost.

I could have sworn that it was our inability to defend set pieces once again that lost us the game. That and the twat of a ref who missed the most blatant of penalties.

I could have sworn that it was our inability to defend set pieces once again that lost us the game. That and the twat of a ref who missed the most blatant of penalties.

I'm not arguing with you mate... Of course we didn't defend the set pieces well.

But look at the bigger picture. Exactly the same as against Wolves we conceded too many set pieces due to being overrun from the centre of the park. I can't stress enough how important this is.

When we started to win the midfield battle, WE got more set pieces. The difference is we failed to capitalise on them so well.

It's law of averages.. You get overrun, you concede in dangerous parts of the pitch, you get hurt sometimes by so doing. Especially against a side like Palace who had some big units. Again, very much like Wolves had.

Archived