Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

India Under 19 international Brandon Fernandes -on trial

When I used to play football at U16 level we played GNG. They were the absolute worst team in the division. We were pretty poor but they were diabolical and we got our first win of the season beating them by about 6-0 lol

After that thier players threatened to knife half our players! lol

lol GNG have never been great, i never played for them because there very clicky, and my boy never played for them cus they weren't good enough. But hats of to Kulwinder SIngh Johal, he is trying to develop grass roots football for all.

I dont know how much influence the new owners are going to have... but i think thats ONE thing that could change with having foreign owners - they realise the value of tapping into certain groups for talent.. Now as Raj rightly said, they have to be genuine talents otherwise you risk alienating everyone out there... But i remember back when i was growing up playing football as school during my lunch break and being told at the end of the game i was the only white kid playing... and i was no way near the best so no one can tell me the talent isnt there... and i can fully believe what your saying is right... therre is just a hope for me now that having foreign owners and a (talented and worthy of a first team place) player from India could be a help. Plus instructions from the owners to scrutinise ALL the kids we have playing these days...

NONE!

I dont know how much influence the new owners are going to have... but i think thats ONE thing that could change with having foreign owners - they realise the value of tapping into certain groups for talent.. Now as Raj rightly said, they have to be genuine talents otherwise you risk alienating everyone out there... But i remember back when i was growing up playing football as school during my lunch break and being told at the end of the game i was the only white kid playing... and i was no way near the best so no one can tell me the talent isnt there... and i can fully believe what your saying is right... therre is just a hope for me now that having foreign owners and a (talented and worthy of a first team place) player from India could be a help. Plus instructions from the owners to scrutinise ALL the kids we have playing these days...

I would like to hope so, but it's not just LCFC, the scouting and the game as a whole is 'subconciously bias', against 'brown' players.

I'm not sure why so many Asian families dismiss professional sport as a career. Or is it just football ?? You only need to look at international cricket to see some of the most talented and skillful sportsmen in the world today are Asian. That said, I don't recall many Asian athletes making a big impression at the Olympics :dunno:

Based on my experiences, I would say the same. As a young lad I played for a couple of the best junior sides in Leicester and for the County - I played with a few Asian lads who were easily as good as anyone else but they never got looked at properly. One of them was probably the best player I've ever played with, he used to win games on his own and instead they (LCFC) took our centre half and centre forward who weren't half as talented. I'm not saying he'd have definitely made it but he def deserved an opportunity.

Hopefully things have changed now but when I was a kid it always seemed to be the physically strongest players that got scouted. It was weird because they were almost invariably among the poorest footballers in the side. You'd hear a kid had been scouted and you couldn't believe it because there were so many players you knew were more talented.

I'd like to think that times have changed and that scouts these days focus more on the technical qualities of a player but I think this is why a lot of Asian kids weren't scouted 15-odd years ago - I'm not saying that scouts were racist but that they maybe had a preconception that Asian players didn't have the physical qualities or the stamina to be top footballers.

Yeah agree with this, only lad round our way to "make it" (and by make it he made it as far as the conference with Tamworth got destroyed by Dion Dublin in a FA cup game against Narch on the BBC and dropped liked a stone and is now semi pro at best I think) wasn't half as talanted as some of those in the same school team (not to mention previous and following years) as him apparently. Yet he was tall big and strong and therefore got somewhere. Even now after spending a good few good years at Football League clubs being coached day in day out you'd still never guess he played prof football. Our five a side team played his about 3 months ago and he got marked out the game and did nothing and we beat them 8-1.

All good moaning about foriegn players ruining the Premier League ^^^^ This is our biggest problem.

I'm not sure why so many Asian families dismiss professional sport as a career. Or is it just football ?? You only need to look at international cricket to see some of the most talented and skillful sportsmen in the world today are Asian. That said, I don't recall many Asian athletes making a big impression at the Olympics :dunno:

This is a figment of the past, today, this is not the case, you got to look at the sunday league teams, especially youth level!!!

Olympics overall has no real money involved, unless your in the top 0.5 %, so probably not so appealing, I know loads brownies playing rugby, cricket, golf, fencing!!!

Apart from those Asian athletes that helped their country finish second in the medals table? Or 5th?

Yeah agree with this, only lad round our way to "make it" (and by make it he made it as far as the conference with Tamworth got destroyed by Dion Dublin in a FA cup game against Narch on the BBC and dropped liked a stone and is now semi pro at best I think) wasn't half as talanted as some of those in the same school team (not to mention previous and following years) as him apparently. Yet he was tall big and strong and therefore got somewhere. Even now after spending a good few good years at Football League clubs being coached day in day out you'd still never guess he played prof football. Our five a side team played his about 3 months ago and he got marked out the game and did nothing and we beat them 8-1.

All good moaning about foriegn players ruining the Premier League ^^^^ This is our biggest problem.

He was bang average in that game. His positioning was terrible for a centre back

is "brownies" only offensive if white people say it? are white people allowed to find it offensive if non-whites say it?

Why the fcuk would non whites find it offensive if a Brownie has said it???

I'm just utilising the word Brownie to incorporate Goans,Sikh,Gujuratis,Hindus.

If it offends i deeply apologise...i didnt want to use ethnic cos this is primarily about asians but as some people dont like the word asian cos it doenst class theis caste etc as asian i didnt.

Fcuk sake even im confused now!! :blink:

Archived