Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

India Under 19 international Brandon Fernandes -on trial

Sounds VERY promising in the FLAIR department.

Reading around a bit, apparently a few Prem clubs have sniffed around and Reading had him on trial a fortnight ago, always a bit skeptical there though - why haven't they taken him on?

If he became a big star for us however we could be absolutely laughing considering he's Indian.

Brandon Fernandes doesn't sound like an Indian name...more like Patel or Singh lol

Given the laughing emoticon at the end of your message, I bet you're one of those people who laugh at their own jokes while no else finds it funny.

What an ignorant, idiotic comment. When you've got a billion people in a country, there are far more than two surnames!

Given the laughing emoticon at the end of your message, I bet you're one of those people who laugh at their own jokes while no else finds it funny.

What an ignorant, idiotic comment. When you've got a billion people in a country, there are far more than two surnames!

6224700192a9734298326l.jpg&sa=X&ei=TY6OUICTPLOk0AWCxICICw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEl74OKAfkWi7mqgXsjAxc2uvFgig

Calm down. What an over the top reaction.

He's Goan by the way.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/10/29/3485817/brandon-fernandes-to-trial-now-with-leicester-city?source=breakingnews

It's hard enough for a budding Indian footballer to obtain a trial from a Premier League club, but that did not serve as an obstacle for India's young Brandon Fernandes who has now been invited by Leicester City football club for a two-week trial. Brandon was on a similar trial with Premier League club Reading FC before Leicester showed an interest in the youngster. He is set to link up with the East Midlands club early this week to begin his trial.

ASD Cape Town director Mike Steptoe, who oversaw Brandon's development in South Africa, has been with the youngster all the way so far.

"Brandon had a great time at Reading and was made extremely welcome by the club. He trained and played with the development squad and reports have been very encouraging. He played in one game 'behind closed doors' and managed two assists as his side scored 3 goals. We understand that Reading are interested in Brandon and will be making a decision in the next few days. In the meantime Brandon is the guest of our home town club Leicester City FC," said Steptoe.

223332hp2.jpgBrandon Fernandes is set to trial with Leicester City FC

Leicester's huge Indian population is sure to be a home away from home for Brandon. The young midfielder enjoyed the company of the Melton Road area, which he described as a mini-India, by conversing in Hindi with the locals. In addition Brandon also dropped in on a barbershop that his friend had recommended to him.

"From what I hear, Leicester City are a great club and they focus on development. They have been really welcoming and I already feel at home. The development squad are away tomorrow, but from Tuesday onwards, I'm really looking forward to focussing on my football," said

Calm down. What an over the top reaction.

He's Goan by the way.

Just disappoined - clicked on this thread hoping for a fellow supporter not to say something which could be said at best to be a very stereotypical comment about Indians and saw that comment.

Anyway, hope he does well, although worried it might just be a marketing exercise.

Archived