Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

India Under 19 international Brandon Fernandes -on trial

His club in South Africa refer to him as 'The Indian Whizzkid', but they probably know sh1t.

The guy who does our Sky boxes down the pub is called the same.

A 19-year old boy from Goa, Brandon Fernandes is on the rolls of Leicester City as English Premier League team Reading FC has made a $1 million bid for the Indian footballer. If the deal goes through, the future and fortunes of the sport in the country could change up and down.

http://www.timesnow.tv/1-mn-EPL-bid-for-Indian-footballer/videoshow/4413605.cms?

A 19-year old boy from Goa, Brandon Fernandes is on the rolls of Leicester City as English Premier League team Reading FC has made a $1 million bid for the Indian footballer. If the deal goes through, the future and fortunes of the sport in the country could change up and down.

http://www.timesnow....ow/4413605.cms?

So that's about 600k, this kid must be highly rated.

I don't think Brendan being indian will have any bearing on more indians being interested in Leicester. A indian international and captain of the national team biachung bhattiya played for bury for 2 years, and it had no effect on attendance or exposure in india.

Good luck to the kid.

I don't think Brendan being indian will have any bearing on more indians being interested in Leicester. A indian international and captain of the national team biachung bhattiya played for bury for 2 years, and it had no effect on attendance or exposure in india.

Good luck to the kid.

Why do you think that Doc? I wondered if having a really decent footballing role model might make a difference?

http://www.timesnow....ow/4413605.cms?

Indian media isn't very reliable, so I wouldn't believe the shit on there!!

I think it's a bit patronising to assume that by signing an Indian kid we'll have Asian supporters flocking to the KP.

I was trying to avoid this tbh. I wasn't assuming that - I was merely wondering whether it might pique the interest of a few more people.

Why do you think that Doc? I wondered if having a really decent footballing role model might make a difference?

India is a continent, a Goan will be far less popular to say a Patel, Malhotra which are tribes associated with many states. Per myself, a Petal will not appeal to me. For example, Monty Panesar, having Indian heritage was not per say a big role model to hindus in relation to sikhs, for which he was massive.

I think it's a bit patronising to assume that by signing an Indian kid we'll have Asian supporters flocking to the KP.

We need to try to get more Indian fans to go. I may be missing something but cant see a valid reason why they do not support there local City. Its as much there club as anyone else. Maybe we should do more to get them interested.

India is a continent, a Goan will be far less popular to say a Patel, Malhotra which are tribes associated with many states. Per myself, a Petal will not appeal to me. For example, Monty Panesar, having Indian heritage was not per say a big role model to hindus in relation to sikhs, for which he was massive.

True, Brandon will definitely be Catholic.

Just disappoined - clicked on this thread hoping for a fellow supporter not to say something which could be said at best to be a very stereotypical comment about Indians and saw that comment.

Anyway, hope he does well, although worried it might just be a marketing exercise.

What was stereotypical? That most people associate Indian names with Singh or Patel? Thats no different to people assuming Smith or Jones to be classic British surnames, i wouldn't be offended if people said that. :dunno:

As for this kid, all the best and i hope we've unearthed another cracker :thumbup:

Just by having a "brown' player for City wont make anymore "Brownies' go and watch City.

You either do or you dont.

Long gone are the days where most ethnics were too scared to go cos of the racist and violence and shit(Although reading all the papers you'd still think racism was all around everywhere)

Alot of Browns "support" the big clubs anyway...even tho they have never been,plan to go or may not even know where in England Liverpool is!!

Archived