Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

India Under 19 international Brandon Fernandes -on trial

Do we actually stand a chance of signing him though? He was on trial at Reading and they have made a bid. The report suggested he was only invited to train with us and not trial.

That's generally what a trial is unless they're an out of contract player being given a favour by a club. We have far more potential than Reading aswell as being a much bigger club. I will be shocked if they stay up.

Just by having a "brown' player for City wont make anymore "Brownies' go and watch City.

You either do or you dont.

Long gone are the days where most ethnics were too scared to go cos of the racist and violence and shit(Although reading all the papers you'd still think racism was all around everywhere)

Alot of Browns "support" the big clubs anyway...even tho they have never been,plan to go or may not even know where in England Liverpool is!!

hmm... i kind of see your point....

But since we had the thais involved we have apparently gained more of a following inThailand... which is admittedly mostly due to their own work, ect.... so there is a possibility his Agent could do something.. or even the club could... I hope this doesnt sound crude, but you just know the club, should we sign him, would parade him around our indian community like some sort of circus act.... .. taking him into rushey mead , ect......

But like i said i do see your point as i dont know if anyone has actually seen more Thai people coming to the games? although we are not known for having a large Thai community...

There is a small goan community in Leicester... but i think its only a few hundred... not enough to make a significant impact... I guess we should just wait and see! Probably wont be signing him anyway....

hmm... i kind of see your point....

But since we had the thais involved we have apparently gained more of a following inThailand... which is admittedly mostly due to their own work, ect.... so there is a possibility his Agent could do something.. or even the club could... I hope this doesnt sound crude, but you just know the club, should we sign him, would parade him around our indian community like some sort of circus act.... .. taking him into rushey mead , ect......

But like i said i do see your point as i dont know if anyone has actually seen more Thai people coming to the games? although we are not known for having a large Thai community...

There is a small goan community in Leicester... but i think its only a few hundred... not enough to make a significant impact... I guess we should just wait and see! Probably wont be signing him anyway....

The club have tried alot to market LCFC to the "ethnics" contingent in our City.

One of the top boys in the marketing is a brownie (and just happens to be one of my oldest mates!!!)

TBF if you have a wonder around the KP before a game there is a decent amount of ethnics,so its getting alot better than the bad old day.

The club have tried alot to market LCFC to the "ethnics" contingent in our City.

One of the top boys in the marketing is a brownie (and just happens to be one of my oldest mates!!!)

TBF if you have a wonder around the KP before a game there is a decent amount of ethnics,so its getting alot better than the bad old day.

But we have yet to have someone playing for the club who is a 'brownie' as you put it :D... and by playing i mean talented .. regularly in the first team..not someone who got on the bench a couple of times like Amen Verma... and you are right things are getting better... but in a city that is due, by 2020 ( allegedly) to be the first City in England where the indigenous white population will become the minority, is it truly reflective of a city that ( in my opinion) is something to be very proud of? We are not there yet. Not by a long shot.

Given the laughing emoticon at the end of your message, I bet you're one of those people who laugh at their own jokes while no else finds it funny.

What an ignorant, idiotic comment. When you've got a billion people in a country, there are far more than two surnames!

Why do people get so arsey over certain topics like this?

Really fvcks me off.

But we have yet to have someone playing for the club who is a 'brownie' as you put it :D... and by playing i mean talented .. regularly in the first team..not someone who got on the bench a couple of times like Amen Verma... and you are right things are getting better... but in a city that is due, by 2020 ( allegedly) to be the first City in England where the indigenous white population will become the minority, is it truly reflective of a city that ( in my opinion) is something to be very proud of? We are not there yet. Not by a long shot.

Good point BUT you get LOADS of Brownies playing footy. Goto most parks and they love it.

BUT and its a massive BUT...the family ethos is in becoming a dentist,pharmacist,Dr,lawyer,businessman etc....NOT a sportsman.

Tis okay for us to play footy all day,like i used to but to earn a living out of sport then the mentality of the average Brown family has to change with the next generations.

Good point BUT you get LOADS of Brownies playing footy. Goto most parks and they love it.

BUT and its a massive BUT...the family ethos is in becoming a dentist,pharmacist,Dr,lawyer,businessman etc....NOT a sportsman.

Tis okay for us to play footy all day,like i used to but to earn a living out of sport then the mentality of the average Brown family has to change with the next generations.

I completly see what you are saying!

And it could be that one way to speed up any generational change of mentality COULD be to sign a player, from India ( even if he is goan!) and for them to see the PROOF that you CAN earn thousands a week from a sport...

And it could be that one way to speed up any generational change of mentality COULD be to sign a player, from India ( even if he is goan!) and for them to see the PROOF that you CAN earn thousands a week from a sport...

Yeah fair point MPh,i aint arguing with you on that one,BUT we as long as we sign aplayer cos they are GOOD enough and not just cos they meet a criteria.

Most 'brownies' know the value of football, I agree with Raj that previous generations probably did not see footy as a career, due to mainly peer pressure. But my generation and defo next generation brownies are defo making a effort to become professional. Infact GNG (Guru Nanak Gurdwara) Football team, a Sikh owned team in Leicester, have invested over £1million in a new footy academy, at the previous Rowley Fields/Riverside College site. A facility that is open for all including disabled children/people that wish to play football.

My son plays saturdays and sundays, he plays for 2 teams, there are loads of 'brownies' playing. The question why there are not so many professionals, i'm afraid is a deep rooted issue, and will go into a very long discussion. All I will say is that in my experience, the scouts and scouting system is biased and outdated.

Most 'brownies' know the value of football, I agree with Raj that previous generations probably did not see footy as a career, due to mainly peer pressure. But my generation and defo next generation brownies are defo making a effort to become professional. Infact GNG (Guru Nanak Gurdwara) Football team, a Sikh owned team in Leicester, have invested over £1million in a new footy academy, at the previous Rowley Fields/Riverside College site. A facility that is open for all including disabled children/people that wish to play football.

My son plays saturdays and sundays, he plays for 2 teams, there are loads of 'brownies' playing. The question why there are not so many professionals, i'm afraid is a deep rooted issue, and will go into a very long discussion. All I will say is that in my experience, the scouts and scouting system is biased and outdated.

I dont know how much influence the new owners are going to have... but i think thats ONE thing that could change with having foreign owners - they realise the value of tapping into certain groups for talent.. Now as Raj rightly said, they have to be genuine talents otherwise you risk alienating everyone out there... But i remember back when i was growing up playing football as school during my lunch break and being told at the end of the game i was the only white kid playing... and i was no way near the best so no one can tell me the talent isnt there... and i can fully believe what your saying is right... therre is just a hope for me now that having foreign owners and a (talented and worthy of a first team place) player from India could be a help. Plus instructions from the owners to scrutinise ALL the kids we have playing these days...

Most 'brownies' know the value of football, I agree with Raj that previous generations probably did not see footy as a career, due to mainly peer pressure. But my generation and defo next generation brownies are defo making a effort to become professional. [b

] Infact GNG (Guru Nanak Gurdwara) Football team, a Sikh owned team in Leicester, [/b] have invested over £1million in a new footy academy, at the previous Rowley Fields/Riverside College site. A facility that is open for all including disabled children/people that wish to play football.

When I used to play football at U16 level we played GNG. They were the absolute worst team in the division. We were pretty poor but they were diabolical and we got our first win of the season beating them by about 6-0 lol

After that thier players threatened to knife half our players! lol

All I will say is that in my experience, the scouts and scouting system is biased and outdated.

Based on my experiences, I would say the same. As a young lad I played for a couple of the best junior sides in Leicester and for the County - I played with a few Asian lads who were easily as good as anyone else but they never got looked at properly. One of them was probably the best player I've ever played with, he used to win games on his own and instead they (LCFC) took our centre half and centre forward who weren't half as talented. I'm not saying he'd have definitely made it but he def deserved an opportunity.

Hopefully things have changed now but when I was a kid it always seemed to be the physically strongest players that got scouted. It was weird because they were almost invariably among the poorest footballers in the side. You'd hear a kid had been scouted and you couldn't believe it because there were so many players you knew were more talented.

I'd like to think that times have changed and that scouts these days focus more on the technical qualities of a player but I think this is why a lot of Asian kids weren't scouted 15-odd years ago - I'm not saying that scouts were racist but that they maybe had a preconception that Asian players didn't have the physical qualities or the stamina to be top footballers.

Based on my experiences, I would say the same. As a young lad I played for a couple of the best junior sides in Leicester and for the County - I played with a few Asian lads who were easily as good as anyone else but they never got looked at properly. One of them was probably the best player I've ever played with, he used to win games on his own and instead they (LCFC) took our centre half and centre forward who weren't half as talented. I'm not saying he'd have definitely made it but he def deserved an opportunity.

Hopefully things have changed now but when I was a kid it always seemed to be the physically strongest players that got scouted. It was weird because they were almost invariably among the poorest footballers in the side. You'd hear a kid had been scouted and you couldn't believe it because there were so many players you knew were more talented.

I'd like to think that times have changed and that scouts these days focus more on the technical qualities of a player but I think this is why a lot of Asian kids weren't scouted 15-odd years ago - I'm not saying that scouts were racist but that they maybe had a preconception that Asian players didn't have the physical qualities or the stamina to be top footballers.

Things haven't changed much, my kid is only 9, even at his age, when you get 'scoutted' you fill in details about your family history, size and weight of your parents, there background, there knowledge of football etc. ANd then you take into account all the misconceptions about stamina or physical qualities, the system hinders 'brownies'.

My boys team has 5 players that play for academy clubs, the other 4 are 'brownies' and 1 white lad, i'm not saying there all good enough, but the best player in the team is a hindu boy, exceptionally gifted.

I remember on one occassion, the LCFC scout was standing next to me, we were both watching a under 9's match, the most outstanding player was a sikh lad with a turban, and there was also a black lad that was good but to a lesser degree. The Sikh lad's first touch, passing, pace and skill was beyond anyone else on the pitch, and to the shock of me, the scout picked the black lad. To be fair to the teams manager, who was white, he approached the scout, and pleaded the sikh lads case, and it's fair to day it fell on death ears.

Archived