Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Where are you now?

Cup goals don't count, cup wins don't count, unless you lift the trophy, like you said league goals don't count if they are consolation goals, what counts are points, and winning league matches, and ultimately they count for nothing if you don't achieve your season ago, which for us is promotion.

But do you not see the utter ridiculousness of this theory. It means all the goals scored in seasons where we've been relegated from the top flight or failed to get promoted (and thats a lot of goals and seasons) are meaningless. With this theory Waghorn along with countless others has'nt scored a goal thats counted in his entire Leicester career! I dont really rate Waghorn as a goal scorer but to say none of his goals count because we didnt get promoted is madness, much in the same way that saying all our cup goals dont count because we didnt win the competition. They all bloody count regardless of who scores them!!! I seem to have been labelled as something of a Beckford fan from that last post which isnt the case but you cant discuss cup goals not counting without mentioning him. All our cup goals seemed to count fine until this season with the phrase being specifically coined to back up the rabid dislike of Beckford by certain posters.

But do you not see the utter ridiculousness of this theory. It means all the goals scored in seasons where we've been relegated from the top flight or failed to get promoted (and thats a lot of goals and seasons) are meaningless. With this theory Waghorn along with countless others has'nt scored a goal thats counted in his entire Leicester career! I dont really rate Waghorn as a goal scorer but to say none of his goals count because we didnt get promoted is madness, much in the same way that saying all our cup goals dont count because we didnt win the competition. They all bloody count regardless of who scores them!!! I seem to have been labelled as something of a Beckford fan from that last post which isnt the case but you cant discuss cup goals not counting without mentioning him. All our cup goals seemed to count fine until this season with the phrase being specifically coined to back up the rabid dislike of Beckford by certain posters.

When we're discussing whether or not someone is good enough at this level, talking about goals in a competition other than the Championship is pointless. I do agree that to suggest championship goals in a season that we don't go up don't count is ridiculous.

Maybe instead of ignoring the cup goals we should be asking why we had a striker who could only motivate himself for cup games?

Cup goals would count for more if people generally liked Beckford. Unfortunately, because he seemed lazy, inconsistent, a one trick pony who forgot his trick, our fans didn't like him. In a world where stats are all, the cup/league issue has been hammered, but the real answer is that he didn't score enough and didn't do enough when he wasn't scoring. Fin.

And to bring us vaguely back onto topic, you can quote stats till you're blue in the face, but when Waggy is scoring, his game is complete, and when he's not, he's still chasing, hassling, making space and improving our chances of someone else scoring. Why do we need numbers to tell us what we all know full well?

Linekars world cup goals didn't count cos he didnt win the worlf cup.

Just for the record, id much rather see us win the fa cio than being promoted. Most people born befre 1995 would say the samw

I'd rather see the club get to a point where we can compete for silverware and for European football on a regular basis, rather than just win the odd cup once every 20 years. To do this, we need to be an established top half Premier League team.

I'd rather see the club get to a point where we can compete for silverware and for European football on a regular basis, rather than just win the odd cup once every 20 years. To do this, we need to be an established top half Premier League team.

Exactly I would like us to win the FA Cup as much any other City fan but priorities are getting promotion than building from that.

Archived