Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Where are you now?

So come on then. Where are you now Waghorn haters?!? I love my Waggy and I've been telling everybody for time that he will come good and you've all been there slagging him off, saying he's shit and we need a new striker! What you saying now then? As he's got more and more match fitness and had more game time to get his confidence back he's shown that he's every bit the player he was when on loan. YOU LOT NEED TO LEAVE IT AND LISTEN TO PEARSON...........WAGHORN'S BACKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.

Jeffrey Schlupp! Bobby Carlos, Bobby Carlos!

I'm here and I'm happy to admit I may have been wrong. I had admittedly written him off as an absolute shitheap of a striker who had no technique, couldn't finish and had a decreasing work rate.

But November 2012 seems to be the re-making of him, literally everything about him has improved to the extent I'd say he looks better than 2009/10.

A long way to go but the signs are very encouraging.

I'll admit, I was a huge fan at the start of the season, after Brighton I had written the lad off, but wow his performances as of late! Someone will come on here and say it's just one goal, but his all round play, his movement, some of the balls he's been playing are fantastic, his work rate is superb. Credit to the lad and Pearson, I don't know how many managers would have such faith in their players to give them this opportunity, this team has a really good feel to it, Waghorns a shining example of that!

The lads been fantastic for three games now, fingers crossed he can keep it up now as it's like having a new signing.

I can see where those who were critical of him were coming from, and even though I said it was too early to judge him, I wasn't expecting these performances.

Absolutely made up for him. When he hit the post with that header, I thought it wasn't going to be but; he kept his head up and moved onto the next chance.

Having said that. On yesterday's performance, I don't think he needed a goal to justify his place in the team. His workrate was exceptional, link up play with Nugent was just as good. The goal was just a formality as I believe he was our best player yesterday.

Waggys back! C'mon haters, come tell us all how we're still wrong, and that Beckford is our saviour!

I said when he was injured that when he returns to full fitness he would really make his mark as he loves playing for pearson and pearson rates him highly,just reward for his hard work and loyalty shown by all parts.

Watch the goals come in now he has got the monkey off his back.

Got to admit, thought that he'd lost it at Leicester, but the last three games he's been terrific and looked like a proper striker who can add value to the team. Don't know what's made the change, but he looks far more composed, links up well with other players and looks stronger in the challenge. Well done Waggy, you've proved me wrong. Keep it going and there will be no need to splash the cash - my main concern is Nuge and and the re-offurence of the neck problem yesterday.

Got to admit, thought that he'd lost it at Leicester, but the last three games he's been terrific and looked like a proper striker who can add value to the team. Don't know what's made the change, but he looks far more composed, links up well with other players and looks stronger in te challenge. Well done Waggy, you've proved me wrong.Keep it going and ther will be no need to splash the cash - my main concern is Nuge and and the re-offurence of the neck problem yesterday.

No change made, the run in the team has given him the chance to get back to full fitness and got his confidence back from being given game time, how does that 'form is temporary' saying go? It's all to do with that!

Got to admit, thought that he'd lost it at Leicester, but the last three games he's been terrific and looked like a proper striker who can add value to the team. Don't know what's made the change, but he looks far more composed, links up well with other players and looks stronger in te challenge.

I'm going to go with starting games in a 4-4-2 as a striker. :whistle:

Who 'hates' Waggy?

I've long defended the lad when others ( many, many others) were simply dismissing him. Now those same people seem to be either mute, or kissing his arris.

But he's got 1 for the season...

When he gets to 10 I'll begin to think of him as the important 2nd Striker we needed.

He certainly looks to be bang on his game though and I'm glad he's silencing his critics.

Clearly has the majority of the FA behind him, when he scored the cheer was very loud and there was a massive buzz in the Kop. Very pleased fo him a very hard working passionate player. If he amount o goals I can't seehow anyon could fault him.

Mmm we shall judge our players against a very poor side, fair enough we are world beaters then. Lets see how he is doing in the new year and judge him on what he has done not what he could do. Personally I still beleive that a quality finisher would not go amiss and Wagghorn is not this and never will be.

He scored one goal congratulations to him the cheer was more relief that the poor bugger hit the back of the net after such a long time, needs to do it more consistently for me combining his work rate which I agree is good with finding the back of the net, this ruthlessness has to come, if he drops off now despite the fact his confidence is high than what can you say?

Why do we have these threads, really? If we all never critisized players, and if we all never disagreed with each other, then there would be no point in Foxestalk.

I'll critisize whichever player I want, it's my opinion. Just because it's different to another opinion, it doesn't mean it's wrong. Oh, and well done Waghorn, now do it on a consistent basis.

Archived