Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Where are you now?

One swallow does not a summer make.

He's on fire at the moment and deserves praise for turning his form around, and for his open, honest attitude. Good on him. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he keeps this up though.

One swallow does not a summer make.

He's on fire at the moment and deserves praise for turning his form around, and for his open, honest attitude. Good on him. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he keeps this up though.

He's been a right handfull ,pace,power, creates opportunities for others when not scoring. Looks like the lads confidence will soar now and the belief NP shows in him could be repaid......there's a shock Nige right again :chant: And one swallow could be the start of something very good, who knows? :fc:

I've just woke up and due to the 2 pints of berocca before bed last night I'm feeling good ;) Anyway the reason I made this was because what people were saying about Waggy was beyond the norm. Terms of he's absolute shite, worst striker at the club, needs to be sold etc etc etc were being touted about. Those sorts is who this thread was aimed at, as most people with a footballing brain could tell that Waggy was getting better and better with each game he played.

I'm all for debate on players performances and talent, I myself can't stand Whitbread and think he's the worst centre back we've got but some of the stuff being said about Waggy was just plain wrong as has been proved in his run in the team. Arguably our most influential attacking player in the past 3 games, seems to be at the heart of everything we create.

Remember trust in :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson:

I was just pissed off, with all the chances he was getting and he didn't make the most of them. The lad needed a goal and he got one, but it doesn't mean he is back. He could go five games now without another goal, then people will call him shit again, or he could well score the winner against Sheff Wed next Saturday.

Waghorn at the time deserved to be on my victims list, at this moment in time I am happy for him and long may his good form continue.

I was just pissed off, with all the chances he was getting and he didn't make the most of them. The lad needed a goal and he got one, but it doesn't mean he is back. He could go five games now without another goal, then people will call him shit again, or he could well score the winner against Sheff Wed next Saturday.

Waghorn at the time deserved to be on my victims list, at this moment in time I am happy for him and long may his good form continue.

No but it's not about the goals he's scoring. Just look at his link up play with the midfield it's something that we were lacking this season and he now offers us this he's got the ability to hold the ball up but can also play off the last man. Even if he didn't score yesterday he was still a crucial part of the team. He offers far more than goals, Nugent seems to buzz off playing with Waggy they are really building a good partnership together. I always felt Vardy and Nugent were too similar in the runs they wanted to make and the way they play the game whereas Waggy and Nuge compliment each other really well.

Its such a shame that football is how it is nowadays.

Here we have a young, talented and highly rated player who obviously loves our club slated by sections of fans because after returning from nearly a year out with injury, because he didnt hit the ground running.

He proved in his loan spell the talent he had. During the Sousa/Sven era, he faded and faded badly. But was he the only one? Now, despite performing well, he still had people calling him.

The most fundamental quality the dans demand of a player, is for them to show that they give a shit. Waghorn does this more than any other. On top of that, his work rate amd quality if play since coming back into the side has been of a quality that we havent been able to buy. Despite the lack of goals, he's worked the keeper, hit the woodwork or been denied by last ditch defending apart from one effort at Birmingham which a section of supporters seem to use to define the player.

He's not Premiership quality at the minute and is nowhere near the finished article, but he's got years ahead of him and is showing the will and determination to get there. Now one goal has come, I expect more to follow but even if they dont, i'll never tire of seeing his mame on the teamsheet as I know that he'd give everything to make it happen for team unlike many strikers in recent memory that have had the nod ahead of him.

Martyn Waghorn is a blue, and for that, I salute him.

Gawd bless you Wag!

No but it's not about the goals he's scoring. Just look at his link up play with the midfield it's something that we were lacking this season and he now offers us this he's got the ability to hold the ball up but can also play off the last man. Even if he didn't score yesterday he was still a crucial part of the team. He offers far more than goals, Nugent seems to buzz off playing with Waggy they are really building a good partnership together. I always felt Vardy and Nugent were too similar in the runs they wanted to make and the way they play the game whereas Waggy and Nuge compliment each other really well.

It is about goals, goals win games.

And if he took the most of his chances, we would of picked up about 9 pts, especially wins against Birmingham and Forest.

It is about goals, goals win games.

And if he took the most of his chances, we would of picked up about 9 pts, especially wins against Birmingham and Forest.

His link up play set up 3 goals yesterday. He doesn't have to put the ball in the back of the net himself, he's a Wayne Rooney type player (nowhere near as good) rather than a Javier Hernandez (again nowhere near as good).

His link up play set up 3 goals yesterday. He doesn't have to put the ball in the back of the net himself, he's a Wayne Rooney type player (nowhere near as good) rather than a Javier Hernandez (again nowhere near as good).

He is a striker and you expect him to score goals, he can link up and play as well as he likes, but if he doesn't take his chances fans get frustrated like many members on Foxes Talk.

When he was in the team last month and beginning of this one, he was having loads of chances, and if he took some of them in my opinion we could of well collected at least 9pts from those games like I mentioned above.

Wayne Rooney scores goals though, so does Hernandez and about 20-30 a season, Waghorn is nowhere near as good as you say, so don't even mention them in the same sentence as Waggy.

So Waghorn managed to score a goal at last. Big deal. He makes Beckford look like a superstar.! One goal after God knows how many games, and now he's a great player. I don't think so. Division one at best, if not two. That is my view, like it or not.

Cheer up :)

He is a striker and you expect him to score goals, he can link up and play as well as he likes, but if he doesn't take his chances fans get frustrated like many members on Foxes Talk.

When he was in the team last month and beginning of this one, he was having loads of chances, and if he took some of them in my opinion we could of well collected at least 9pts from those games like I mentioned above.

Wayne Rooney scores goals though, so does Hernandez and about 20-30 a season, Waghorn is nowhere near as good as you say, so don't even mention them in the same sentence as Waggy.

You clearly the missed the point where I stated Waghorn is NOWHERE near as good as Rooney or Hernandez. However the point I was clearly trying to make is if you look at the minutes spent on the field Hernandez scores a lot more goals than Rooney does. They are different types of players Hernandez is an out an out poacher whereas Rooney is involved much more in build up play and creating chances as well as finishing them. Waghorn is in the Rooney mould rather than Hernandez type player. But its ok I get it, you don't like admitting you're wrong.

One rule for you.

Not sure i've seen anyone 'hating' Waggy.

I like the lad, I really do want to see the Waggy we had in his loan spell for us, but he just doesn't seem to be the same player for whatever reason that is.

He's been playing really well, just couldn't hit the back of the net and his header for example yesterday than looked to be going in and hit the post sums his recent spell up, felt really sorry for the lad.

Due to him playing aswell as he has been i've been saying his is our 2nd best striker, he hadn't been scoring but neither were any other strikers we have (Apart from Nugent) but was playing excellent, due to his performances he was/is our 2nd best striker.

He has got his goal now, I don't expect him to be scoring every week, but I expect him to score more, get his confidence back and chip in with Nugent, hopefully we can have some killer instinct and finish teams off now too - If he doesn't, I'm sorry but playing well simply isn't enough, we need goals, he will need to be replaced if he doesn't kick on from his goal yesterday, unfortunately.

I'm sorry but playing well simply isn't enough, we need goals, he will need to be replaced if he doesn't kick on from his goal yesterday, unfortunately.

So if he carries on playing well and setting up goals for Nugent, Dyer, Knockaert, King etc but not scoring himself he's gonna get replaced? That defies the logic of football, it's a team game.

You clearly the missed the point where I stated Waghorn is NOWHERE near as good as Rooney or Hernandez. However the point I was clearly trying to make is if you look at the minutes spent on the field Hernandez scores a lot more goals than Rooney does. They are different types of players Hernandez is an out an out poacher whereas Rooney is involved much more in build up play and creating chances as well as finishing them. Waghorn is in the Rooney mould rather than Hernandez type player. But its ok I get it, you don't like admitting you're wrong.

I know so why even mention Waghorn in the same sentence as those two, utter pointless crap.

I like your Display Pic though, very nice :D

So if he carries on playing well and setting up goals for Nugent, Dyer, Knockaert, King etc but not scoring himself he's gonna get replaced? That defies the logic of football, it's a team game.

Yeah it's a team game, but at the end of the day a striker gets paid to score goals. I know he may be making goals, but Waghorn (and the other strikers at the club) will need to start chipping in with the goals because we can't keep relying on Nugent.

I know so why even mention Waghorn in the same sentence as those two, utter pointless crap.

I like your Display Pic though, very nice :D

Sledge is my favourite Leicester player :blush: but still the question remains can you not see that Hernandez and Rooney play in two completely separate ways and that Waghorn is more in the Rooney mould whereas someone like Jordan Rhodes is similar to Hernandez?

Sledge is my favourite Leicester player :blush: but still the question remains can you not see that Hernandez and Rooney play in two completely separate ways and that Waghorn is more in the Rooney mould whereas someone like Jordan Rhodes is similar to Hernandez?

Will stand by my comment that none of them should be named in the same sentence not even Jordan Rhodes.

If you want to talk St Ledger though, go ahead ;)

Happy for him and happy his recent performances have started to make me think he could play a part in our squad.

Need these performances to become consistent and goals to start flowing regularly before any of "the doubters" are proved wrong.

Fair point and I don't care where the goals come from aslong as they come.

However, as a striker he should be scoring more, it is his aim, his target to score, if he sets them up fine but he needs to be chipping in with 1 or 2 every few games, hopefully after yesterday he will from now on, I really do hope.

But i'm sure there is a striker out there who would also set them up, help the team, work for the team aswell as chip in with a few.

The lads doing well, I'm not denying that, like I said in a previous post i'm not expecting goals week in week out from him, like you say he is setting goals up, but the simple fact is he is a striker and needs to score a few more goals and hopefully he has turned the corner after yesterday.

These threads are so ridiculous. You can't say "I told you so" after a couple of games. It's on par with those who say that Pearson should be sacked after 3 poor games, or those who say that we are going to win the league after we string a few wins together.

No, I'm not a big Waghorn fan (not a hater, just don't think he should be a starter). Yes, he has been playing very well recently, and currently deserves to start. But it's been a few games. If he carries on the season on form, then I will hold up my hands and say that I'm wrong, but I'm not fickle enough to change my opinion after a few games.

Archived