Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Bristol City

In case anyone is thinking of using Bedminster Cricket Club as a 'park and drink' venue, I received this from their secretary.

"Ground and bar open from 11.30.

All proper fans welcome."

So, most of FT are NOT welcome :thumbup:

I'll take my business elsewhere then Saturday

Just spoken to the manager at Hen and Chicken. As long as we're not rowdy and chanting, they dont have a problem with us going there. Respectfully asked for us NOT to wear colours, so if you are, make sure you drop a T-shirt over the top. Sounds a good place, they do food as well. She ended with 'look forward to seeing you saturday', so sounds a definite possibility - as long as we behave! So come on FT'ers. lets show the good side of Leicester fans and meet up there. Comments appreciated.

"Ground and bar open from 11.30.

All proper fans welcome."

So, most of FT are NOT welcome :thumbup:

You mean the ones who shout and sing for their team? The ones who would appear to be unwelcome at this venue? They're the real fans. not the prawn sandwich munching group that you see in your head.

We appear to have very different views and what it is to be a proper fan. Your criteria of what constitutes a "proper" fan appears to include what you believe to be good behaviour i.e. walking through the streets in an orderly fashion, engaging with other supporters in a pleasant manner and other such niceties. That is not what supporting a team is about.

I myself have stood with real fans on a large number of occasions and let me tell they weren't all that bothered about having a pleasant meal before the match - Their main point of concern was the volume that they could generate in our stand, not having a good old chat with one of the locals.

I think he was joking, Harry.

Looking forward to this one. Have we sold out ??

I realise that but he still makes the suggestion that the proper fans are those that behave in a pleasant and peaceful manner. Rowdy fans were very much frowned upon in that post which is something I definitely take issue with. His point about the "good side of Leicester fans" being their willingness to engage with the locals rather than their capability to genrate an atmosphere proves my point

You mean the ones who shout and sing for their team? The ones who would appear to be unwelcome at this venue? They're the real fans. not the prawn sandwich munching group that you see in your head.

We appear to have very different views and what it is to be a proper fan. Your criteria of what constitutes a "proper" fan appears to include what you believe to be good behaviour i.e. walking through the streets in an orderly fashion, engaging with other supporters in a pleasant manner and other such niceties. That is not what supporting a team is about.

I myself have stood with real fans on a large number of occasions and let me tell they weren't all that bothered about having a pleasant meal before the match - Their main point of concern was the volume that they could generate in our stand, not having a good old chat with one of the locals.

Sarcasm is lost on some people, did the :thumbup: after the message not make you think he wasn't being serious?

As you young 'uns say, OMG!! Can you not see a joke when it hits you square between the eyes? And for your information laddie, I was fighting, running and generally being a bad 'un before you were born. 17 years old, you haven't even done your apprenticeship yet boy. Come back when you've been in the Holt End at Villa and sung your heart out for the City, then I'll take notice of you.

Sarcasm is lost on some people, did the :thumbup: after the message not make you think he wasn't being serious?

His joke at the end really isn't what I'm concerned about.

He gave me his image of what he thought constituted a "proper" fan and that's what I took issue with. His joke was that there were no FTers who would fit into his image of a fan who will engage with others and behave in a peaceful manner.

Let me ask you something, do you like the idea of fans being quiet and simply spectating when they turn up at Ashton Gate tomorrow? Honestly, if you read what I put then at no point do I miss his joke - I'm taking issue with what he's joking about - that good fans will behave in a friendly and quiet way.

As you young 'uns say, OMG!! Can you not see a joke when it hits you square between the eyes? And for your information laddie, I was fighting, running and generally being a bad 'un before you were born. 17 years old, you haven't even done your apprenticeship yet boy. Come back when you've been in the Holt End at Villa and sung your heart out for the City, then I'll take notice of you.

I'm not taking any issue with your joke, I was fully aware of it and didn't miss it at all. I didn't like what you seemed to be suggesting i.e. that a good fan would behave in a friendly and peaceful manner. I'm glad to hear that isn't the case although I'm sure you'll understand why I thought that's what you were saying from your original posts.

His joke at the end really isn't what I'm concerned about.

He gave me his image of what he thought constituted a "proper" fan and that's what I took issue with. His joke was that there were no FTers who would fit into his image of a fan who will engage with others and behave in a peaceful manner.

Let me ask you something, do you like the idea of fans being quiet and simply spectating when they turn up at Ashton Gate tomorrow? Honestly, if you read what I put then at no point do I miss his joke - I'm taking issue with what he's joking about - that good fans will behave in a friendly and quiet way.

They can turn up and do what they like tomorrow when Im not there. I'll take issue if the way they choose to watch football affects my choice and makes it less enjoyable for both types of fan

They can turn up and do what they like tomorrow when Im not there. I'll take issue if the way they choose to watch football affects my choice and makes it less enjoyable for both types of fan

Fine, but I didn't like the idea that the image of "real fans" is those that aren't rowdy and are always perfectly behaved. I suppose this argument is all that important, everyone has a right to turn up of course but I do have a very clear idea in my head of who the real supporters are, those that are really committed - not those who are more bothered about a nice meal out before kick-off. That's all I was trying to say.

Archived