Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Bristol City

Says "no more seats left for this fixture" on lcfcdirect. I only questioned it yesterday because the website is so poor but loks like it is sold out.

Anyone know of a spare going please contact me.

Cheers

It said this earlier and I got them via email at about 4pm with no problems, you'll be fine :)

Cheers will try and email them. Let me know where you'll be drinking before the game.

Not sure they take ticket request on email anymore mate. May have to ring them...shouldn't be too much of a wait.

Yeah I will drop you a PM mate, not too sure of my plans yet as I'm driving :/

It said this earlier and I got them via email at about 4pm with no problems, you'll be fine :)

Not sure they take ticket request on email anymore mate. May have to ring them...shouldn't be too much of a wait.

Yeah I will drop you a PM mate, not too sure of my plans yet as I'm driving :/

Thanks guys

I thought it was in Ealing? It was going to be knocked down a couple of years ago

Edit: just found out they had 2, the one in Ealing was used til 85 then the one in Bristol was used after that

Yeah thats right the 1 in Bristol is right next to the ground apparently

Re parking if you're getting to Bris lunchtime or earlier, there should be plenty of street parking around Ashton, Bedminster or Southville. Less than 10 mins walk to ground and 5 mins walk to North Street with multiple drinking opportunities (e.g. Tobacco Factory, Lounge, Hen and Chicken, Spotted Cow).

Other than the aforementioned, other smart areas for pubs, closer than the city centre to the Gate that you could try are Hotwells (e.g. Grain Barge, Merchants, Pump House, Cottage, Nova Scotia) or Cliftonwood/ Clifton. You're spoilt for choice really!

Finally I've seen a few Fools and Horses location spotters posting in this thread. Well a few other prime Bris sites for you....

1) Gloucester Rd - Flyer pub aka external shots of Nags Head

2) Stokes Croft - Infamous Batman and Robin emerging from the fog scene

3) Welsh Back - Downstairs bar in Loch Fyne formerly Belgos, Del falling through bar trying to look cool scene

4) Eastville Market - Location of Del's market stall

Loads more but that'll do for now.

See you Saturday and lets make some bloody noise for a change!

Re parking if you're getting to Bris lunchtime or earlier, there should be plenty of street parking around Ashton, Bedminster or Southville. Less than 10 mins walk to ground and 5 mins walk to North Street with multiple drinking opportunities (e.g. Tobacco Factory, Lounge, Hen and Chicken, Spotted Cow).

Other than the aforementioned, other smart areas for pubs, closer than the city centre to the Gate that you could try are Hotwells (e.g. Grain Barge, Merchants, Pump House, Cottage, Nova Scotia) or Cliftonwood/ Clifton. You're spoilt for choice really!

Finally I've seen a few Fools and Horses location spotters posting in this thread. Well a few other prime Bris sites for you....

1) Gloucester Rd - Flyer pub aka external shots of Nags Head

2) Stokes Croft - Infamous Batman and Robin emerging from the fog scene

3) Welsh Back - Downstairs bar in Loch Fyne formerly Belgos, Del falling through bar trying to look cool scene

4) Eastville Market - Location of Del's market stall

Loads more but that'll do for now.

See you Saturday and lets make some bloody noise for a change!

Garnett Street/Ruby Street in Bedminster look likely candidates for on street parking - can you comment Brizzle Fox? From there I assume the aforementioned pubs are not too far away? Answered my own (second) question, North Street is 5 mins from Ruby Street, then a quick stagger to the ground. Assuming these pubs are 'away' friendly, shall we say Hen and Chicken around 1pm? Any takers?

Just spoken to the manager at Hen and Chicken. As long as we're not rowdy and chanting, they dont have a problem with us going there. Respectfully asked for us NOT to wear colours, so if you are, make sure you drop a T-shirt over the top. Sounds a good place, they do food as well. She ended with 'look forward to seeing you saturday', so sounds a definite possibility - as long as we behave! So come on FT'ers. lets show the good side of Leicester fans and meet up there. Comments appreciated.

Yup Ruby St/ Garnet St area will work for parking.

Hen does very good pizzas and burgers and a nice selection of beers. I'd then recommend popping into the Tob Fac on way to ground which has its own brewery. Both pubs also a good size.

You shouldn't have any hassle.

I'll be in the various hostelries of Nth St pre game, with a mix of City and Bris fans, and have never seen any hint of trouble in this area when City have visited in the 14 years I've lived here

Cheers Brizzle, based on your info it's Ruby Street and Hen and Chicken for us then - if the wheels get knicked off my shiny new motor, I'll send you the bill :thumbup:

May see you in the area, look out for a silver haired old guy with his two massive teenage minders!!

Archived