Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Huntsman

Huntsman, Narborough Road

Hi, Not sure if I've put this in the right place or not, apologies and feel free to move it if not.

I just wanted to let folks know that we've recently taken over the Huntsman pub. I know it used to be popular with fans pre-match and I've been told that there have been "issues" recently. We've given the place a thorough scrub now, the lines are done regularly and the regulars have given us some very positive feedback, (including that we'll chat to customers!!) so if anyone used to venture in and stopped then why not give the place another go?

Nope. I personally spent around 35 hours on my hands and knees with acid based cleaners and a wallpaper scraper cleaning all the years worth of black shit off the floor behind the bar.

We're by no means perfect yet, but the place has had a damn good clean inside and we'll be targetting the outside areas next week.

Nope. I personally spent around 35 hours on my hands and knees with acid based cleaners and a wallpaper scraper cleaning all the years worth of black shit off the floor behind the bar.

We're by no means perfect yet, but the place has had a damn good clean inside and we'll be targetting the outside areas next week.

I was wondering what your reply would be?

I have been in a few times over the years & I can appreciate you had quite a job on your hands giving it a good clean. If I'm ever in the area.........

Good luck & happy New Year!!

I was wondering what your reply would be?

I have been in a few times over the years & I can appreciate you had quite a job on your hands giving it a good clean. If I'm ever in the area.........

Good luck & happy New Year!!

Thanks, all the best to you and yours also :)

With all respects you cannot polish a turd. Many have tried and failed, the place needs flattening.

Maybe, but it's at least clean now with decent ale. You'll not know unless you give it a go will you? ;)

With all respects you cannot polish a turd. Many have tried and failed, the place needs flattening.

Since you're so convinced it's shit, why not go down one day and prove yourself right, before spouting out with what you have done? I'm more than happy to give it a try

Nothing like a bit of encouragement .

On 2nd thoughts. Sorry mate welcome to foxes talk. Where nothing is ever good enough. And negativity reigns.

I for one mate will pop in to give you the benefit of the doubt. Drink in lost bar anyway so not far to walk.

Mind you can you beat 2.50 a pint.

Nothing like a bit of encouragement .

On 2nd thoughts. Sorry mate welcome to foxes talk. Where nothing is ever good enough. And negativity reigns.

I for one mate will pop in to give you the benefit of the doubt. Drink in lost bar anyway so not far to walk.

Mind you can you beat 2.50 a pint.

We are £2.50 for Carling, from Thursday it will be £2.10 Mon-Thurs 3pm-6pm. Still trying to negotiate further discounts from the brewery to put better offers on.

We should also have a griddle set up outside for tomorrows' match with burgers @ £2.50.

Hi, Not sure if I've put this in the right place or not, apologies and feel free to move it if not.

I just wanted to let folks know that we've recently taken over the Huntsman pub. I know it used to be popular with fans pre-match and I've been told that there have been "issues" recently. We've given the place a thorough scrub now, the lines are done regularly and the regulars have given us some very positive feedback, (including that we'll chat to customers!!) so if anyone used to venture in and stopped then why not give the place another go?

Congratulation, hope it works out well, great Ham Salad Cobs when I work next door for 20 years when it was a garage workshop.

What I want to know is what happened to the old pub sign? The pub might have had its faults but the sign was a classic!.

I know there's new signage on the building itself. There is a post sign at the front, with a different picture on each side, something I've not seen before!

We are £2.50 for Carling, from Thursday it will be £2.10 Mon-Thurs 3pm-6pm.

Cant fault that, wish they were the prices in some of my locals.

Good luck with it all anyway. Always good to see someone get into business.

I have no idea where the Huntsman is and as I drive from the West Midlands for the game I very rarely drink before or after the match. On Saturday I went to watch Wolves as I had a free ticket and I loved the fact I had to leave out at 1:40 rather than 11:45 like I do for Leicester games. As I went on the train I could have had a drink too. Not that I would swap Leicester City for any other club regardless of how much of a pain it is to watch them these days.

Even so...good luck!!

I believe my Dad was born in an upstairs flat just along from the Huntsman just past a railway viaduct. I went there to try and spot the place and popped into the Huntsman. I found it then to be the sort of place where you don't catch any ones eye, drink up and get out quick. If you guys have changed that then good luck and all the best to you.

I believe my Dad was born in an upstairs flat just along from the Huntsman just past a railway viaduct. I went there to try and spot the place and popped into the Huntsman. I found it then to be the sort of place where you don't catch any ones eye, drink up and get out quick. If you guys have changed that then good luck and all the best to you.

We are certainly trying to. We have kids and tbh have had some shitholes over the years, in terms of both cleanliness and clientele (bedrooms full of broken glass, dog turds and needles). We cannot change the rep overnight, but we are doing our utmost. If it goes t1ts up then so be it. All we can do is our best, and having taken over only 3 wks ago, we can only do our best, and hope for some form of support.

We are firm but fair and mad as a box of frogs at times, we appreciate the support and implore those who have had a bad experience to actually come in and have a pint and talk to us. We don't bite ;) Not hard anyway lol

I used to go in there before games, but since having kids and taking them to the games I been using other pubs, if you did something on match days for kids then it will attract more punters

Archived