Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JonnyThrostle

Chris Wood

Hi Foxes, Baggies fan in peace. Just popping by to congratulate you on signing Woodsy! I was going to assure you about what a potential goal machine you have signed but I think you've seen that for yourselves today!! A lot of my fellow baggies were gutted to see him go, he has so much raw potential. Big, powerful, good feet, good eye for a killer pass and scores all sorts of goals. And a genuinely nice lad too. I think Leicester was a cracking move for him, much more so than Millwall. Best of luck for the rest of the season and hope you bring Woodsy up to the prem so we can see more off him.

Hi Foxes, Baggies fan in peace. Just popping by to congratulate you on signing Woodsy! I was going to assure you about what a potential goal machine you have signed but I think you've seen that for yourselves today!! A lot of my fellow baggies were gutted to see him go, he has so much raw potential. Big, powerful, good feet, good eye for a killer pass and scores all sorts of goals. And a genuinely nice lad too. I think Leicester was a cracking move for him, much more so than Millwall. Best of luck for the rest of the season and hope you bring Woodsy up to the prem so we can see more off him.

Nice to know .... cheers.

Maybe people won't agree but I thought Chris Wood's best contribution of the whole match (other than his two goals of course) was his headed assist for Waghorn. He knew he couldn't score the chance himself, so rather than make a cock up of it, he unselfishly laid it on a plate for Waggy to score. That indicated to me that we have signed a player who is 'clever' so to speak.

Very commendable. Keep up the good work lad!

A late Xmas presant. Thank you let's hope it last longer then the new year

Quality buy, thanks for letting us have him.

Second goal was pure quality, one end of the pitch to the other, linking up with Nugent, great understanding.

Can hold up the ball, can score goals, and doesn't need 4-5 chances to find the net, we have needed someone like this for a while.

Brilliant debut, brilliant player.

I recall Clarke saying he wasn't wanted at the start of the season (?) and was surprised by that. Always rated him, he has progressed through loan spells at this level and was superb today. Did everything a target man should.

His link up play can be outstanding, and he rarely hides even if he's not having the best of games, he keeps plugging away. I genuinely think you've got a bargain and as i said I'm sorry to see him go. If he had real pace he would be worth much more.

And just to convince you, have a look at his debut goal for us. (about 1 min 10 secs on the video) And he was injured when he scored!

Maybe people won't agree but I thought Chris Wood's best contribution of the whole match (other than his two goals of course) was his headed assist for Waghorn. He knew he couldn't score the chance himself, so rather than make a cock up of it, he unselfishly laid it on a plate for Waggy to score. That indicated to me that we have signed a player who is 'clever' so to speak.

Very commendable. Keep up the good work lad!

Absolutely agree. Knew exactly what he was doing, and along with a few excellent balls showed what an excellent footballing brain he has.

Archived