Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingPowerLCFC1884

Premier League Standard Players!

He is definitely ready. Makes far less errors than De Gea or Al Habsi and makes just as many world class saves. His distribution was a big weakness last season but i've seen improvements this year, clearly working on it. If we got promoted I wouldn't be worried with him in goal.

I like Schmeichel but he's not fit to lace de Gea's boots.

Think he'd be fine in the top flight.

He is definitely ready. Makes far less errors than De Gea or Al Habsi and makes just as many world class saves. His distribution was a big weakness last season but i've seen improvements this year, clearly working on it. If we got promoted I wouldn't be worried with him in goal.

lol He's a decent keeper, and he certainly wouldn't look out of place in a mid-table squad, but the De Gea comparison's a bit much.

Well they seem to be doing alright without a so called World class keeper. De Gea's only 21

I think DeGea really does need to beef up.

He is literally built like a stick.

Every time I've seen him, he looks like a good shot stopper but is suspect with crosses.

Kasper has his moments, makes mstakes like all keepers, however I don't think the premier league is a bridge too far!

Big Wes, pace is not everything and he's not exactly snail like, anyway his presence and reading of the game will make him a fine PL defender IMO

More importantly regarding the whole squad, it's the sum of the parts!!!!!!

It's a difficult one. Thing is, you can never really say for certain how players would cope until they get the opportunity to show it.

Imperfect predictions, of course, but I think Kasper would be fine, along with Morgan.

De Laet, Knockaert and Nugent would be OK I think. Not sure Konchesky and Drinkwater would cope that well.

You can forget King though I'm afraid. I agree that in some respects the passing game in the top flight would suit him but he's still lacking in too many areas to be a decent midfielder at that level IMO.

Guest MattP

Watching Villa and Newcastle over the last few days I think we'd have a shot staying up with the side we have got now.

Watching Villa and Newcastle over the last few days I think we'd have a shot staying up with the side we have got now.

Exactly! Can't be bothered to trawl through old threads but at the start of the season, so many people were predicting Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves to be promoted purely because they were in the Premier League last season - disregarding the fact that they were rubbish teams, hence them being relegated. And where are they now? All bottom-half rubbish, with little to no chance of any progression this season.

The league divides don't mean a massive deal - if we, as we are right now, were in the Premier League I reckon we could quite easily finish a season in 10th - 12th place - not just trying to escape relegation, just playing good football and winning more matches than teams at the foot of the Premier League. At any one time there's always about 5 or 6 rubbish ones.

In the same way, if we were to play Tranmere Rovers or Brentford at the weekend, I wouldn't put my life savings on us winning

Another De Gea error for me, did the same thing a couple of weeks ago too.

De Gea did fine - it's not his fault that his defence weren't able to clear after his initial save.

I don't understand the De Gea bashing: He's one of the best Keepers I've seen at his age, in a few years he'll be a strong contender for World's best. Mark my words.

De Gea did fine - it's not his fault that his defence weren't able to clear after his initial save.

I don't understand the De Gea bashing: He's one of the best Keepers I've seen at his age, in a few years he'll be a strong contender for World's best. Mark my words.

I would be gutted if Kasper did that with a shot, to get there and then just parry it out instead of wide is criminal. Defence were sloppy yes, but that should have gone round the post.

Number one rule with a shot like that, push the ball out to the side, not straight into the path of the strikers.

I would be gutted if Kasper did that with a shot, to get there and then just parry it out instead of wide is criminal. Defence were sloppy yes, but that should have gone round the post.

Number one rule with a shot like that, push the ball out to the side, not straight into the path of the strikers.

Whilst technically correct, it's so much easier said than done. The number one number one rule is get behind it in the first place, then do what you can with it once you've managed that.

Archived