Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingPowerLCFC1884

Premier League Standard Players!

You're right. It's OBVIOUSLY a simple easy to get reference to the Munich disaster, and not just a stupid insult/play on words, in the same way that some people write Derby as Direby. I'm such an idiot.

lol calm down I'm only jesting

Kasper=Yes

Logan=No

De Laet=Yes

Morgan=Yes

SSL=Yes

Konch=Yes (but not every game)

Whitbread=No

Moore= Yes (for the future)

Kean= Yes but will be in United's Squad Next Season IMO

Marshall= Yes

Drinky= Maybe

King= Yes

Dyer= Maybe (would't play every game in PL as would get found out)

Knocky= Yes

James= Yes

Danns= Wouldn't be too bad but won't stay here IMO

Wellens= No

Gally= Would keep him for the odd game/cover/cup matches against lower league teams

Wood=Yes

Nugent=Yes

Waghorn=No (not clinical enough)

Futacs= No

Vardy= Definite No not sure whether he's got it at this level

Schlupp= Yes (for the future)

King's average at best in this division, squad player, not a leading star.

Why on Earth people think he'd 'shine' in the Prem is beyond me.

At last someone with the balls to question our legend andy king, he shone when we won the first division title-that's his level!

For me, the only Prem standard players we have are Knockaert, Wood, De Laet and Schemichel.

Drinkwater and James should both be nearing this level in a seasons time of starting matches. The same goes for Marshall, he certainly has the ability, and hopefully the consistency will come with experience.

For me, Morgans too slow and will struggle with fast counter attacking teams, Nugent doesn't have the guile (though he is certianly a better player now with us than with Pompy), King lacks physicality and Dyer is far too one-dimensional for the PL.

That is not to say, with Nige at the helm, and a couple of shrewd additions, we could not stay up, I certainly feel we are too good for this league.

I forgot about SSL who I feel could cut it, albeit as back-up (if McAuleys playing for West Brom SSL will do fine) - wouldn't trust Whitbread however. Vardy and Futacs are well below the required level and Gally/Wellens will be gone end of season whether we go up or not.

For me, Morgans too slow and will struggle with fast counter attacking teams, Nugent doesn't have the guile (though he is certianly a better player now with us than with Pompy), King lacks physicality and Dyer is far too one-dimensional for the PL.

Yes Morgan isn't the quickest but not every centre back in the prem is quick. He's strong and has very good anticipation/positioning. I'm Sure he'd be fine

And with King, I'd agree he's not the most physical, but neither is every successful centre midfielder in the prem. With the right centre mid partner he would be a quality player IMO. Plenty of players who don't exactly light up the championship go to prem and do well.

I'd say Kasper (although hasn't had much saving to do this year), Knocky, De Laet, Wood (from what I've seen), Morgan, King and Nuge (not too sure but think he is hitting his peak so possibly)... and potentially Marshall, Drinky and James (all still very young and have shown glimpses of talent) would be able to make step up.

Konch is getting a bit old but may be a valuable person to have around. I'd say we would need a left back, another striker, a couple of wingers (lloyd won't cut it) and another CM

There are many players who have appeared average in the Championship, only then to make a remarkable step up when they've got promoted. I think it's nearly impossible to tell which of our squad would do well in the Prem.

This is what i think. Wishful thinking as well since we have no given right to get promoted.

Honestly I think this team is as good as any lower end PL team and any player in our starting 11 "could" play in the premier league to some degree. IF we get there, the backbone of this team should stay in tact and with a couple of decent additions they can be a team that competes in the PL at least for a mid table spot for now!

Guest MattP

The way some people have ranked this you would think we were half way up the Premiership.

Knockaert would be ok, Kasper probably could be on best form. Morgan might be but theres usually a reason if players in his late 20's has spent their whole career in the second level.

De Laet and Wood are possibles though not seen enough to judge yet.

Couldn't say any others are.

That said, the standard of the bottom6/8 on the PL now is appalling.

At last someone with the balls to question our legend andy king, he shone when we won the first division title-that's his level!

Apart from the other two seasons in this league when he was a mainstay in our midfield and scored more than ten goals both times? The only bad season he's had is last season. Of course, in the eyes of most Leicester fans that makes you a piece of shit.

So many people moan on here that we don't bring enough academy prospects through, yet they moan about King - one of our best youth prospects for years - being in the side. Beggars belief.

O'Neill was the shining example of what you could achieve with capable players who were motivated, understood their roles and trusted each other. Of our squad who went up with him, who would have stood out? Perhaps Muzzy, with Heskey as a good prospect. Like for like, Walsh had found his level, Lennon was a Man C reject-who else? But pretty quickly they were solidly Premier League players (as if such a concept is worth describing).

The important thing, as ever, is the team- how many Norwich/Stoke/Swansea players looked 'Premiership class' before they played there? And how many £20m+ flops have been billed as world beaters and have struggled?

IF we're lucky enough to get there this season (and keeping Knocky seems the best reason to need it to be this season), we'll need a few new players, AND to give people a few games to adjust. If we get on their backs as quickly as we have with ZW, JV, MJ etc. this season, we might as well not bother...

Archived