Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingPowerLCFC1884

Premier League Standard Players!

please keep this thread on, took me ages...

GK:

Schmeichel = normally solid, i think he will do well. better than some current PL goalkeepers.

Logan = dont play enough, dont look great in training neither, the game i did see him he spilled it, not good enough.

Defenders:

De Laet = love his runs down the wing and i think he is normally pretty solid as well.

Konch = getting on a bit now isnt he. no what he was when he first joined.

Morgan = very solid, strikers scared of him. will be very good in PL.

Whitbread = has his games, more often he is not that great tbh.

St Ledger = been injured too much this season to really judge.

Keane = not seemed to play much and dont look great when he does.

Moore = too young

Taft = see moore

Midfield:

Drinky = still young and having a great season.

King: slowly becoming a city legend, think he will do well in the prem.

Dyer: his pace scares defenders but he has a lot of off games and his end product is poor. on his day yes but that day don't come enough.

Marshall: again has his games, not what he was last season.

James: looks good but cannon really make a judgement with the amount of games he has played in properly.

Gally: not good enough, love his goals but not consistent.

Lingard: looks ok. not seen much of him again.

Knockaert: looks a very good player and still young. scores some great goals as well.

Neil Danns: think he will be leaving the January.

Wellens: see Danns

Strikers:

Nugent = think he will be able to score 10+ goals a season and play well along side Wood.

Waghorn = not good enough, i like him but it is that simple.

Wood = the fact i can rate him after 2 games shows he is something special.

Futacs = not seen much of him, im sure if he was good enough he would have started by now.

Schlupp = needs experience.

Vardy= think he will leave if we go up. championship level and thats pushing it.

Loan:

Smith = too young.

Hopper = too young.

Blyth: too young.

Beckford: look at LCFC v Forest, then look at the games where he has temper tantrums if it don't go his way, dont look like he wants to be at the club.

let me know what you think.

GK:

Schmeichel = YES (would need competition though)

Logan = NO

Defenders:

De Laet = YES

Konch = NO

Morgan = YES

Whitbread = Hmmm... if he can stay fit possibly

St Ledger = Another maybe... but i'd say NO

Moore = Potentially YES

Midfield:

Drinky = YES

King: YES

Dyer: YES (as a squad player, not starter)

Marshall: YES

James: Potentially YES

Gally: NO

Knockaert: YES

Neil Danns: NO

Wellens: NO

Strikers:

Nugent = YES (would be a good option but if we go up, we would need a proper quality striker up front)

Waghorn = Hmm... MAYBE (id keep him on at least)

Wood = YES

Futacs = NO

Schlupp = Potentially YES

Vardy= Hmmm.. maybe

i think Nugent will do well with Wood alongside him but what worries me that he has scored 12 goals in 3 PL seasons.

They both are capable of being good enough, was Nugent in the Premier League with Portsmouth?

Wood don't think has played in the Premier League, if so only a couple of games.

They both are capable of being good enough, was Nugent in the Premier League with Portsmouth?

Wood don't think has played in the Premier League, if so only a couple of games.

2 Season with Pompey in the PL = Adverage of 4 goals per season.

1 with Burnley in PL = 6 Goals

so he scored 14 goals in 3 seasons, let than 5 goals a season. that as bad as heskey.

post-17421-0-25444200-1357403930_thumb.j

/IF/ we went up, it's all about teamwork with a couple of quality players to make the difference in winnable games Vs bottom half teams.

Deffo need a keeper to challenge Kasper, I've not seen much from Kasper to say he's a good Championship keeper never mind a Premiership one, he's never troubled because of a midfield & defence limit the opposition chances so well.

De Laet & Morgan are fine

SSL/Whitbread are fine squad players, Keane could be good if we can sign him and he keeps getting game time, looks good to me, but needs experience.

We'll need two LB's, Konch is average at best even in the Champs, and Schlupp isn't getting the game time to improve so if we were to be promoted we'd need two LBs.

Marshall is a good squad player, need sa good performance to blow the cobwebs off which he can't seem to shake at the min, he is young tho so wioll get better if he keeps working hard at it

Dyer is fine, he'll turn defenders and will make chances

Drinky/James are fine they're also young and going to get better

King could shine a bit, very clever player

Knocky will also be fine, needs to work harder though and not drift out of games, or lose his shape.

Nugent is as good as many bottom half forwards and will be fine, depends on the team creating chances though

Not seen enough of Wood to comment on him

Waggy/Vardy will be good squad members.

Need a keeper, 2 left backs, a quality mid and probably a quality forward to have a better chance of avoiding the bottom 3.

We are now a very young developing team which bodes really well I think for the future. IF we got promoted, it would take a hell of a lot of investment to buy in the experience to play alongside our youngsters in order to even stay up. A West Brom scenario is a realistic ambition perhaps.

Deffo need a keeper to challenge Kasper, I've not seen much from Kasper to say he's a good Championship keeper never mind a Premiership one, he's never troubled because of a midfield & defence limit the opposition chances so well.

You obviously didn't go to many games last season then. Without him we would have lost a lot more games, I doubt we would have even got top half. Great shot stopper, just hope his distribution improves as well as how he commands his box

Wrong.

He's better than most 'keepers in the Prem.

Yes, he makes the odd mistake, but so do all 'keepers.

I'm sorry, but Kasper could only walk into Southampton and Reading's teams at the minute. 'Mid-table' keepers like Mignolet, Begovic, Vorm/Tremmel, Schwarzer, Krul are all better keepers than Kasper.

I'm sorry, but Kasper could only walk into Southampton and Reading's teams at the minute. 'Mid-table' keepers like Mignolet, Begovic, Vorm/Tremmel, Schwarzer, Krul are all better keepers than Kasper.

yep. look at mark bunn for example. second choice and still better than kasper.

You obviously didn't go to many games last season then. Without him we would have lost a lot more games, I doubt we would have even got top half. Great shot stopper, just hope his distribution improves as well as how he commands his box

We're not in last season, we're in this season.

Konch seemed ok last season but he's been a disaster this season except maybe today against 4th tier opposition.

Kapser is the most underworked keeper in our division, possibly one of the most underworked keepers in the country, until the Hull game the only thing he'd done in most matches was pick the ball out the net... and almost every keeper we've come up against had played a blinder, where were Kapsers wonder saves in all those games we lost by the odd goal, sure he's done a couple but it seems opposing keeper do more in one match than Kasper manages in 10...

So yes, he may have been a good shot-stopper last season, but I see nothing this season to even say he's a good Championship keeper, never mind a Prem.

He doesn't vocally boss the defence and command his area (he only shouts a bit when he's conceded and he thinks someone else could have done better)

His shot-stopping seems to have deserted him this season, perhaps up until Hull away, he's certainly not shot-stopped anywhere near as much as most keepers we've played

I wouldn't say his distribution is poor like many do, there's far more that needs improving about his game than that.

As for Premiership? Maybe he has age on his side to keep getting better, obviously a keeper's prime comes later than outfield players, but at the moment - Not in a million years.

We do have some good individuals but they function better than their collective worth. I'm not sure any of them are obvious Premier League class, they would all have to up their game and prove themselves. I think Morgan would dependable enough and I think Wood looks to have the right attributes. Nugent has failed at PL level, he probably is playing better here than he has anywhere but the brutal truth is upper Championship is his level. Knockaert has the raw potential but has a long way to go. The rest would all have work to do to reach that level.

Archived