Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

On The Pitch

On The Pitch (Hypothetically speaking)  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be on the pitch regardless of directives from PA and Stewards?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bss9401

My answer is yes. It wouldn't be too difficult for the police/stewards to put a cordon around the away fans while they leave.

So you agree it's more exciting, and my passion is greater because I support a team higher up the divisions because thats how I read the post by Tom.

Promotion is only exciting enough to make you invade the pitch if its sprinkled with the allure of £62 tickets and featuring last on MOTD?

Yeah I do, to an extent as if you get promoted from league 2 , yes there will be celebrations but the celebrations would be much more extreme if that same team got promoted to the prem. Its quite simple.

So you agree it's more exciting, and my passion is greater because I support a team higher up the divisions because thats how I read the post by Tom.

Promotion is only exciting enough to make you invade the pitch if its sprinkled with the allure of £62 tickets and featuring last on MOTD?

Not everyone has experienced the total euphoria of a major promotion Mike! You pouring cold water over an event that hasn't occurred yet is equally as sad as your view of premature planning. I bet your great fun at a party! :P

Not everyone has experienced the total euphoria of a major promotion Mike! You pouring cold water over an event that hasn't occurred yet is equally as sad as your view of premature planning. I bet your great fun at a party! :P

I don't like 'organised fun' that's for sure. If you have to plan and schedule when and how you're going to enjoy yourself I suggest there is something wrong with the event you are attending.

Deciding in advance how exciting an event is going to be and therefore what the appropriate level of euphoria should be to me seems strange.

I don't like 'organised fun' that's for sure. If you have to plan and schedule when and how you're going to enjoy yourself I suggest there is something wrong with the event you are attending.

Deciding in advance how exciting an event is going to be and therefore what the appropriate level of euphoria should be to me seems strange.

" I rest my case M'lud "

He's worried someone will knock his prawn sandwich over on the way down that's all it is lads.

And here we go again, it's cultural fundamentalism, death to the infidels. I don't want to plan a pitch invasion so I must therefore advocate sitting in silence eating sandwiches.

I clearly need to start watching more Soccer AM so I can learn how to support my team properly.

You seem a little touchy Fleckney.

It's lcfcstu asking a hypothetical question, no more no less.

There's no planning involved. Our season could just as easily go belly up, and we'd look rather silly trying to invade the pitch as we secure 11th place wouldn't we?

It's no different to asking, 'if you won the Euromillions, what would you spend your money on?'

No need for all the smart-arsery and arguing of semantics really is there? That goes for both sides by the way.

If the game finishing seals our fate, we'll be on be it home or at Forest.

It never happened v Scunthorpe as we were already up, it wasn't dramatic, it was a procession. The celebrations were done by the 2k at Roots hall. We'd have been on there but for plenty getting on after our 2 goals meaning 2 rows of old bill were lined up for the final whistle they knew what was coming.

You seem a little touchy Fleckney.

It's lcfcstu asking a hypothetical question, no more no less.

There's no planning involved. Our season could just as easily go belly up, and we'd look rather silly trying to invade the pitch as we secure 11th place wouldn't we?

It's no different to asking, 'if you won the Euromillions, what would you spend your money on?'

No need for all the smart-arsery and arguing of semantics really is there? That goes for both sides by the way.

Am I in the naughty corner too Bilo? :protest:lol

For me it's the prospect of seeing my team attempt to beat the big teams with the best players in the world in front of packed stadiums and the prospect of my club being able to bring in talent we havn't had. Not to mention my club earning a lot more money and being better off whatever happens in the future.

But the miserable sods will always look at the negatives first.

Everyone says they'd love one but its never happened at the KP Stadium and I can't see it happening in the future. Even if we won promotion in our last home game.

If there was a chance we could finish second against Forest the away end would be kept back a long time. But this would make for a better celeb and atmosphere. In the city ground, no forest fans and just the lcfc squad infront of you dancing about.

I was at Southend for the promotion and that was a top day out to so it at forest would be 1,000,000 times greater

And that, ladies and gents, is why modern football is rubbish.

Why does that make modern football rubbish?

I don't see what you've got against a pitch invasion, all I've seen you do in this thread is moan... If people want to do it, let them.

I remember a quality pitch invasion at grace road a couple of years back in the t20 quarter final. Against all odds the foxes chased 200 odd against Kent in nixons last game. Went too the last ball with 2 needed I think. Got a boundary and the whole ground erupted, massive pitch invasion. Nixon was hoisted on someone's shoulders and supplied with a pint while every sang walking in a Nixon wonderland for about

5 minutes. Was brilliant.

Was thinking that earlier, remember a pitch invasion at Edgbaston as well from about 50-60 fans when we had been threatened with arrest/convictions if we tried to enter the pitch. That was with stewards and coppers surrounding the area as well.

Did you get nicked?

A couple got ejected at the start but the rest got away with it.

Too many on, just ushered back into the stands eventually.

Archived